Confirmations of dorm reservations

The New York Event - before and after!
jarkko
Site Admin

Confirmations of dorm reservations

Post by jarkko »

This is to all who have reserved accommodation at the dorms using the Columbia website mentioned in Geoff's recent circular email. Some of our participants have been worried because the on-line reservation system does not give any confirmation after the reservation has been typed and sent.
The committee has been in contact with the Columbia university and
has been informed that their administration will start confirming reservations after January 20 by email.
JRBAcct

Columbia University Confirmations.

Post by JRBAcct »

I have not received a reply to my reservation using my credit card as of February 15, 2004.

Has anyone?

Jack Bowerman from beautiful Canada - home of Leonard Cohen.
Welcome to my humble abode.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Looks like they don't send confirmations unprompted although
they promised to do so. The committee has been in touch with
the office at Columbia to make sure the rooms are reserved, and
has found out that everything is OK except the fact that
they don't send those confirmations.
If you want to get individual confirmation you may send email to conferencehousing@columbia.edu
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

I am still in the process of investigating why Columbia has been so slow in getting out confirmations. Please be assured that Columbia will have a room waiting for you when you arrive. I have visited the housing and have the confirmation from them for our group. They have recently switched to their "online" reservation system and are somewhat shorthanded in having people to follow up with confirmations. If you received the screen that your reservation went through, you should be fine. I will be contacting them again soon and if they are not able to send out confirmations, I will ask them for a list of the names of the people that have reserved rooms and will post a list.

Thanks for your patience.

Joe

P. S. I should add that there are plenty of rooms reserved and no one who wishes to attend the Event will have a problem in having housing while in New York.
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

I received today from Columbia a list of all the particpants who identified themselves as being with the Leonard Cohen Event. I have just completed emailing all of these people with a confirmation of the name on the reservation, the number of rooms, the arrival and departure dates, the roommates, and any special requests noted. If you have made a reservation with Columbia and did not receive an email from me, please let me know so that we can investigate and correct the situation. It appeared that everything was in order and that Columbia had all the information correctly from the persons who I know who made the reservations.

They have now changed the final confirmation screen to reflect all of the information that you have entered. Please print out this screen when you make your reservation. This will be your official confirmation and you can be confident that the information has been noted by Columbia. The only mistakes that I found were ones made by our own participants.

One last issue; it seems that a number of people are reserving rooms from June 11th to June 13th. Please remember that Sunday night will be a great time as well and if you leave on the 13th you will miss it. I know some people have to return to go to work (and reality) but if you plan to stay for the entire event, your departure date should not be earlier than June 14th!

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”