HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
bean

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by bean »

If the weather had been good, the Hop farm could have been excellent.

I suppose that at least with Wembley Arena the weather is no longer a factor; still not a venue which I like however.
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

honeyrose wrote:OK I have successfully booked new tix.

Two questions

1.Old tix were purchased with my Barclaycard, is that where the refund will appear ?- only I do not have online access to it, just monthly statements so will not know if I have a return credit until end of September.

2. Printed out my own Hop Farm tx. Did not see this option for Wembley Arena. Are they being sent out in post?
Agree why not etickets?
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Lookatme wrote:Just 'Google' the seating capacties of The Hop Farm and Wembley Arena and compare.
"Look at me" indeed. You are certainly making yourself known. Do you want replies to all your identical posts? I replied to one of the first ones talking about financial losses but I'm not going to reply to each and everyone one separately. Life is much too short.

On the capacity point, and as someone else has already pointed out in reply to one of your other identical posts, the Hop Farm capacity you are talking about is the summer "standing in a field" festival. The seated Hop Farm venue for the LC concerts is much, much smaller - just look at the seating map. You can always count the seats up if you don't believe me. Or, alternatively, you could Google the capacity for the Dublin concerts - the Dublin and Hop Farm seating maps look to be identical.

Wendy
'the Dublin and Hop Farm seating maps look to be identical', hoping Dublin doesn't succumb to the same fate! :roll:
Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Help. Just heard the news but on holiday in Italy and, strangely, don't have my tickets with me, nor access to my computer. I have tried to call Eventim but am told that the number is not active. Any thoughts on how I can get my booking transferred to Wembley or am I already too late. Disappointed in Umbria.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Lookatme wrote: hoping Dublin doesn't succumb to the same fate! :roll:
Why on earth should it? Different venue, different country, different promoter ......

W
bean

Post by bean »

Christopher B wrote:Help. Just heard the news but on holiday in Italy and, strangely, don't have my tickets with me, nor access to my computer. I have tried to call Eventim but am told that the number is not active. Any thoughts on how I can get my booking transferred to Wembley or am I already too late. Disappointed in Umbria.
Was the number you tried: 0844 249 1000 ?

That is the main Eventim number. Perhaps try tomorrow as today is a bank holiday. They will refund the price of the Hop Farm ticket/s to your credit card automatically.

If you were originally booked on the front few rows at the Hp farm they will have e-mailed you a code to book a ticket in roughly the same area at Wembley. If you can't access your e-mails then all I can suggest is speaking to them and see if they assist. If you were further back in the seating at the Hop farm then it is largely first come first served and you just need to book new tickets at Wembley.

Hope this helps; Good luck.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Lookatme wrote: hoping Dublin doesn't succumb to the same fate! :roll:
Why on earth should it? Different venue, different country, different promoter ......

W
I do think Lookatme was just being a tad ironic. I don't believe he really thought Dublin would succumb but when you have been hit in the pocket (once again) a little bit of jesting just helps to smooth the suffering!
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

bean wrote:
Christopher B wrote:Help. Just heard the news but on holiday in Italy and, strangely, don't have my tickets with me, nor access to my computer. I have tried to call Eventim but am told that the number is not active. Any thoughts on how I can get my booking transferred to Wembley or am I already too late. Disappointed in Umbria.
Was the number you tried: 0844 249 1000 ?

That is the main Eventim number. Perhaps try tomorrow as today is a bank holiday. They will refund the price of the Hop Farm ticket/s to your credit card automatically.

If you were originally booked on the front few rows at the Hp farm they will have e-mailed you a code to book a ticket in roughly the same area at Wembley. If you can't access your e-mails then all I can suggest is speaking to them and see if they assist. If you were further back in the seating at the Hop farm then it is largely first come first served and you just need to book new tickets at Wembley.

Hope this helps; Good luck.
If you're calling from overseas (outside the UK) you'll probably find that any numbers starting 08 are not available.... most companies have a "if you're calling from overseas" number, but it can be a devil of a job to find them sometimes.....
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

I've had a look at the Eventim site, and I can't find a number for calling from overseas.... there is a link to email customer services, so you could do that and ask for a number you can use (or, ask them to call you, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one... :roll: )
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
OCTAF1SH

Post by OCTAF1SH »

Hi guys, also my first post on this forum, but have been hanging around here for a little while now.

I have only found out today about the change of venue, and then only because I emailed last minute to see where my tickets were, very shonky in my opinion. I had an email form LM a week ago Friday, saying my tickets would be posted last Monday, first class. Since first class doesn't seem to mean what it used to, I figured I would give them a week, then contact LM, which I did Saturday night. I had a reply this afternoon, which I couldn't get until this evening saying they had switched my block A3 tickets with "like for like" ones in block S13!!!!!

Now I know the inside back third of block a3 at hop farm weren't exactly front row, but how the hell are ones right in the back corner of wembley, at the top like for like?!! I just wonder which tickets I would have got if I hadn't have emailed them asking where my tickets were!

Does anyone have a link to the hop farm seating plan to double check and compare please? I have messaged LM back, explaining which tix I had and asking if there is any way these can be changed to ones remotely resembling like for like, but I'm not holding my breath. Interesting that nothing was emailed out from LM when they've clearly known for a few days now, according to other posts in this thread. I only went with them as they had the best seats still available when I had a chance to buy some. Quite annoyed as we've never seen Leonard before, and the hop farm is a stone's throw from me!
Murphy575

Post by Murphy575 »

^^ Here you go ;)

http://bit.ly/PXYSrP

I'm sorry but I could not resist, I hope you understand :)
OCTAF1SH

Post by OCTAF1SH »

^^ what manner of witchcraft is this?!!

I do indeed, in fact I went through the exact same steps all on my own after posting, but unfortunately had to wait until my post was moderated, so couldn't delete it. Thanks for your help!!

The request for a seating plan was an after thought on my part while typing.
Lorca1999

Post by Lorca1999 »

Hello all

Question for those who have been to Wembley Arena before. We have tickets in row 14 from the front, and our two children (avid fans aged 9 and 11) are coming with us. Are they likely to be able to get a good view, or will it just be the backs of the people in front? Are the stewards hot about keeping people in their seats, or can they wander up front in the aisles, as people did at Ghent?

Both are very very excited about coming, and while I am sure they will not appreciate the night quite as much as me, I know it will be an experience they will never forget, and I wanted them to have the opportunity to see the great man live. I guarantee to those that are seated near us that they will not be annoying in anyway, and I will stop them singing too, unless they can do it very quietly, so please do not fret those of you who have concerts besmirched by annoying neighbours :D

Any advice about the venue would be greatly appreciated...

x
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Lorca1999 wrote:Hello all

Question for those who have been to Wembley Arena before. We have tickets in row 14 from the front, and our two children (avid fans aged 9 and 11) are coming with us. Are they likely to be able to get a good view, or will it just be the backs of the people in front? Are the stewards hot about keeping people in their seats, or can they wander up front in the aisles, as people did at Ghent?

x
I don't have any particular knowledge of Wembley Arena - haven't been there for 20 years or so - but I have been to quite a few LC shows over the years. In my experience, people stand to welcome Leonard as he comes on stage and maybe for the odd standing ovation during the show but apart from that the audience generally stay in their seats for the first and the second sets (as they did in Ghent). After that it is a free-for-all - people will make a dash for the front for the encores and the stewards rarely try to stop it. Leonard clearly loves having people standing at the front, singing along to So Long Marianne etc and I have a feeling the stewards may be given specific instructions to allow the audience to stand at the front for the encores.

As to whether your children will see anything from row 14, they may not be able to see much of the stage (it depends on how big they are and how big the person immediately in front of them is) but they should be able to see the large screens either side of the stage and they will certainly be able to hear the music.

Enjoy!

Wendy
Murphy575

Post by Murphy575 »

OCTAF1SH wrote:^^ what manner of witchcraft is this?!!

I do indeed, in fact I went through the exact same steps all on my own after posting, but unfortunately had to wait until my post was moderated, so couldn't delete it. Thanks for your help!!

The request for a seating plan was an after thought on my part while typing.
I am sorry, I know it was a bit rude and not exactly the best welcome to to the forum but I like that site and I saw your request and thought "they could just google it... I know, I'll..."

It's a cool site though, I hope you was not offended and took it in the good humour it was intended :)

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”