PRESALE TO the 3rd CONCERT IN DUBLIN

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
YC720_06

Re: PRESALE TO the 3rd CONCERT IN DUBLIN

Post by YC720_06 »

Huge thanks to Jarkko for making my day. I missed out on the 11th and 12th gigs but thanks to you I made it this time. Btw, did anyone else have problems with Ticketmaster system not recognising card ID numbers? Lucky I had three cards, two of which I rarely use but finally worked with the third. I hope no one was unable to book today because of Ticketmaster gremlins. As a forum newbie I'd love to meet up at the Brazen Head. I first heard Suzanne in 1966 at Aspen, Colorado - before it became the watering hole for the glitteratti - sung by a Denver Univ student friend, Linda. But it was a year later before I heard Leonard's beautiful original and with a toke or two, even more beautiful. The only time I've ever seen him live was not performing but in a Chinese restaurant just down from the Chelsea Hotel on New York's W23rd Street in 1968 or 9. What goes around comes around : ) Looking forward very much to Sep 14th. Thanks again Jarkko.
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

It is confusing but I think the rows are slightly angled and one end of the row starts at row A but the other end of the row starts at G and the first 7 rows are tapered.

They are great seats so grab them and they are better than mine (slightly) and I bought them at 9.05am today
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Thank you so much Jarkko and Marie.

Got my tickets for Sept. 14.th. :D This is my 2.concert in dublin. :D I'm so happy!!!

Hopefully for a concert next year in Vienna :)
Regards from Vienna
Marina
mamcglynn09

Post by mamcglynn09 »

So happy to have 2 great tickets for the Friday concert. Thanks a million to Jaarkko for making it happen. No matter what problems we have with LC's greedy promoters and management we deeply appreciate your efforts and those of all those who keep up this brilliant Forum. Although I hate to see the forum being abused to get access to pre-sale tickets it is wrong to call anyone 'scum' and to tar all those joining the Forum at this time with the same brush. I hope some of those who found the Forum to access tickets will stay with us and enjoy it, and become part of our 'community' of friends.
Gutted that I will not be able to get to Verona now that the date has changed, but soo looking forward to the Dublin concerts.
Now...... how to get rid of those Tuesday tickets ??? If anyone is interested, PM me. :D :D
Marianne09
2008 - Edinburgh; Cardiff; Manchester.
2009 - Liverpool, July 14th; Dublin July 19,20,21st; Belfast July 26th; Barcelona - Sep 21st
2010 - 31st July & 1st August, Sligo ; 21st September, Marseilles; 10th, 11th December, Las Vegas
2012 - 12th; 14th September, Dublin.
themucaro

Post by themucaro »

Ladydi - that really is a pathetic post
2008: Benicassim, Spain
2009: Dublin, Ireland and Madrid, Spain
2010: Grenoble, France and Tours, France
2012: Dublin x 2
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

MarieM has suitably admonished her and others who have offered the same type of thoughts on this subject.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=31894&start=15#p303846
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
sallyo

Post by sallyo »

Thank you all so much for the presale link :D We really appreciate it, as my mother, who is such a huge fan was very dissapointed at not getting tickets for the first two dates and thought she would never get to see him. Thank you so much again, you've made an aging fan very happy :)
emmasothern

Post by emmasothern »

Just to say thanks to Jarkko and Marie for the post earlier, it is so true that a fan club should be a welcoming, rather than an exclusive, entity. Anyone who has heard Cohen's poetry, who has been reduced to tears by his words and strangely attracted by his shuffling dance moves (yes, guilty as charged!) should be invited to share their opinions, not shunned because they are newbies to the fan club circut. I hope that my future experiences of this forum will be better and, thanks to some of the kind messages I've had since this morning, I'm sure they will be.

Now, more importantly, is anyone else incredibly attracted to him?!!
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 »

Thanks to all the 'newbies' who, having got tickets, came back to the forum to say 'Thank You'. Please come back again, if only to report back on the individual concert threads, to say what you thought of the concerts...........you will undoubtedly have a wonderful time!
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.
Suzanna

Post by Suzanna »

Hello Jarkko, thanks for all your help. I was successful this morning in getting tickets for September 14th. Looking forward to September!! - Suzanna.
marian61

Post by marian61 »

O I'm still on a high, cant believe I'm off to see LEONARD COHEN, could'nt get tickets last year or for the other 2 dates this year.
Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee THANK YOU SO MUCH You've more than made my day Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
marian61

Post by marian61 »

MarieM wrote:
emmasothern wrote:
Thanks so much for keeping us notified, now fingers crossed I'll get a golden ticket!!!
Welcome, emmasothern! I wish you luck in getting that golden ticket.
marian61 wrote:
Hi its great to be here, im new to this how do i find presale links and passwords, im so excited i thought i wouldent get a chance to see Leonard . . .
It is great to have you here, marian61. I wish you luck in your quest to see Leonard in concert.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU I cant believe I did'nt know about the forum, its great got tickets block A3 row G :D :D :D Been on and off the forum all day so much to see
AveenG

Post by AveenG »

Hi, Thank you so so much to all who run this forum spreading such positivity and opportunity. I have had the honor of seeing Mr. Cohen in Dublin's O2 and at Lissadell (thanks to presale tics linked from her also) and now again will enjoy a unique evening of pure delight and enchantment in Dublin. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I cannot wait. To Lissadell, I brought my mother for her 70th birthday. She sat 5 rows from front (thanks to leonardcohenforum.com!!!) with her plastic windsheeter 8) 8) , at her 2nd ever outdoor show, beaming and falling completely in love with the master poet, not noticing that she was soaked. She became a different lady, completely transfixed. Her delight made the experience even more wonderful. Now, I can present her with two more tics for her 72nd!! Fantastic. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Jarkko & everyone in the forum to the man himself. :D :D :D
Aveen
KenKurosawa

Post by KenKurosawa »

Thank you so much for this!! Got my tickets today ahead of public sales tomorrow, they were great seats and I can't wait! Can't thank you enough :) :)
mutti

Post by mutti »

We all were once newcomers and I want to say that I too came to the forum looking to buy tickets at a presale. I had heard if you joined the 'fan club'
you could buy tickets before the general public. That was 3 years ago and I have to say the forum has enriched my life. I have been a fan since I was 16 (I am now 60) and after seeing Leonard perform live in 1988 I told myself if he ever tours again I would definitely go to a concert.

Little did I know how important the forum would be to me: the friendships I would make on here, the interesting things I would learn, the laughs and the music I learned about that I had not heard before.
Some people never post and some do. There is no right or wrong way. To each its own.
The main thing is that Leonard is going to tour again and how lucky are we!
I am grateful for Jarkko and Marie and all the other moderators for all that they do for us.
Thank you!
I won't be in Dublin this time (I did make the 2 concerts in Sligo) but my nephew is going and will be there in my place.
Cheers
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”