CONCERTS OF THE OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR IN EUROPE

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
real-alan

Re: OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR: CONCERTS AND TICKET INFO

Post by real-alan »

so where's the "Dublin help for newbies" thread then???? Come on..... ;-) ;-) :roll: :lol:
Last edited by real-alan on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Conny

Post by Conny »

Most wonderful news - thank you, jarkko, for keeping us informed and excited :D

A day of happiness with all the miracles to come...Looking forward to sharing them...
1976&79: Frankfurt| 2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankf./Hamburg/Oberhausen| 2009: Cologne/Berlin/Colmar/Barcelona/Vegas/S.José| 2010: Salzburg/Berlin/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseille/Hannover/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warsaw/Vegas
2012: Gent/Amsterdam/Berlin/London/Dublin/Verona/Toulon/Paris/Barcelona/Madrid
2013: Paris/Antwerp/Mannheim/Brussels/Rome/Lucca/Berlin/Lodz/Prague/Vienna/Pula/Odense/Manchester/Leeds/London/Rotterdam/Amsterdam
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Ha! 5 pages already! And, I see that we at least got an A B C D out of it :) .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Perfect! I leave UK on August 19th, so will be able to make Ghent again - one of my absolute favorite venues in 2010. Just need to persuade my husband to book his flights to coincide now! And then the USA in the Fall....... anywhere will be great, thank you!

Made my day :D :D :D
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

joyezekiel wrote:Just need to persuade my husband to book his flights to coincide now! :D :D :D
From what I remember Joy, you can be quite persuasive where LC concerts are concerned ...

Hope to see you there.

Wendy
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

cpl593h wrote:
fusional wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
One question for the super-fans on here. Which of the venues in Europe were particularly special last time round? I only caught London and Moscow - happy to go to pretty much any of these places announced today, but would like somewhere memorable.
Paris Olympia has got to be the one - it is a tiny 3,000 seat venue right in the heart of the city. It also has great history - Stones, Beatles etc all played there and when it was under threat of demolition it was saved by Edith Piaf, so it kind of became her theatre.

We went to one of the LC shows there and loved it. Hope to again ...
Totally agree, it's a far better concert hall to see L.C, than the huge stadium, Bercy
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
joyezekiel wrote:Just need to persuade my husband to book his flights to coincide now! :D :D :D
From what I remember Joy, you can be quite persuasive where LC concerts are concerned ...

Hope to see you there.

Wendy
I just need to get some good red wine in and I'm done!
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

Wow! What a wonderful surprise - haven't been on the forum for a while - and then, when you do take a peek to see if anything's happening - it's this! :D
Jarkko - dare I ask - any idea when we might hear anything about any UK concerts (Albert Hall would be wonderful - please!!)?

M
Gabby

Post by Gabby »

Oh oh oh pure joy!!!! I'm in heaven! :D :D :D :D :D
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

B4real wrote:
lightasabreeze wrote:You can imagine how sad we feel in the UK as he is just two hours away , in Paris and Dublin, yet nothing here.
Hi Sylvie,
When he has come to Australia I have had to travel 7 to 8 hours to the closest concert venue so if I were in your position I wouldn't even hesitate to skip across the Irish Sea or the Channel. And if my guess is correct I think you would be able to see him again later on in the UK. My fingers are crossed for you.

EDIT: my sadness has been somewhat placated with the inclusion of a VIOLINIST!!!! :D
If I was younger without commitments I would be there in a dash. It is not easy for me to just 'up and go' without involving a lot of family help with what I have to leave behind.
Being out for 24 hours is just about manageable.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
fusional

Post by fusional »

Jarkko, or anyone, have there been any discussions about festivals?

Glastonbury 2008 was very special. Even better to be watching Leonard with 'non-fans' and watch them slowly turn into disciples :)
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

I wonder why Jarkko's signature has an X before Helsinki and Verona? :)
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

@B4real: I am not an optimist, but an optimistic
realist :P

@ Jarkko - The tricky questions as passwords sound more like your idea? Usually you just told us the passwords, if any were required. Do we need to re-study biographies etc. or will just listening to some excellent music and lyrics help us on the tricky way? :D
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We want to keep the touts/scalpers away. A question that is easy for Cohenites might be impossible for an outsider.
Therefore passwords may or may not be used. Perhaps more often with US/Canadian gigs. Noo need to start reading
the books just for this.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
NEW_IDEAS

Post by NEW_IDEAS »

Great news! This is the reason why I surf the web everyday for tour info etc.... Copenhagen and Gothenburg, for sure!
L.C. - Helsingborg, Gothenburg, Copenhagen 2008. Malmö 2010. Copenhagen, Gothenburg 2012. ????????? 2026 :=)

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”