CONCERTS OF THE OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR IN EUROPE

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
SuzanneT

Re: OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR: CONCERTS AND TICKET INFO

Post by SuzanneT »

:( :( :cry: yet sadness. I hope the dates will be added and some will also be concerts in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. Czech, Poland, Slovakia, Austria, Slovenia, Romania, Croatia, Greece ... wait! PLEASE!! In the summer I will have a significant birthday, a concert in Prague will be a wonderful gift! ;-)
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
Harriet175

Post by Harriet175 »

incredibly happy wonderful news!!!

..."more concerts in Europe will be announced later"...

anyone having an idea when "later" will be? sometime soon, days, weeks, later in fall...?
...a tune in my soul
and my heart the shape of a begging bowl

2008: 25 jul Lörrach, 29 oct Frankfurt 2009: 1 jul Cologn 2010: 3 sept Wiesbaden, 19 sept Strasbourg, 29 sept Dortmund, 1 oct Stuttgart
2012: 5 sept Berlin 6 sept Mönchengladbach 29+30 sept Paris 2013: 25 jun Oberhausen, 28 jun Mannheim, 14 jul Hamburg, 24 aug Zürich
mutti

Post by mutti »

What fantastic wonderful news!!!
8) 8) 8) :D :D 8) 8) 8)
See you all somewhere on the road...
Cheers!
Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
dreamermusic

Post by dreamermusic »

I've already booked my room at a 4* hotel 300 metres away from the venue in Madrid on the 5 oct 2012! GETTING EXCITED!!! I'll try to get 1st row as in Lisbon 2009
-Madrid 1993 (standing up face to face to Leonard, leaning my arms upon the stage (no cams, no security line), my hands touched Cohen's feet!) (talked to Cohen for 20 minutes after concert!!!)
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-Madrid 2012 (1st row centred facing Leonard!!)
-FOREVER
fusional

Post by fusional »

Vicomte wrote:Fear not, lightasabreeze ,there is a fair gap in the dates between Ireland and Italy, I really can't see him not playing in the UK, especially London. It will come down to venue availability I suspect.
Yeah - big UK shaped hole on 7-10 September.

Just a thought, but I have Bestival tickets for 7-9 September. Either he gets announced for Bestival and I'm the happiest man alive, or he puts in a couple of London dates in which case the joy turns to tears.

One question for the super-fans on here. Which of the venues in Europe were particularly special last time round? I only caught London and Moscow - happy to go to pretty much any of these places announced today, but would like somewhere memorable.
shush1

Post by shush1 »

Hi Im new to these boards, could some one tell me where best place to get tickets from are for Dublin? Will there be a pre sale I missed out a couple of years ago and do not want to miss out again. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

What a beautiful summer this is going to be ...

Bev - did we not read an interview recently, where LC said that a new world tour would last something like two years?
Look at the dates - plenty of space for Australia still :) ... and Singapore :P

Yours,
Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
Jailbreak

Post by Jailbreak »

Ready hoping any UK dates fall after the Ireland ones, I'm also at Bestival the weekend before those :S
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

fusional wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
One question for the super-fans on here. Which of the venues in Europe were particularly special last time round? I only caught London and Moscow - happy to go to pretty much any of these places announced today, but would like somewhere memorable.
Paris Olympia has got to be the one - it is a tiny 3,000 seat venue right in the heart of the city. It also has great history - Stones, Beatles etc all played there and when it was under threat of demolition it was saved by Edith Piaf, so it kind of became her theatre.

We went to one of the LC shows there and loved it. Hope to again ...
gerhard ruehl

Post by gerhard ruehl »

isn't this a lovely day?
Thank you, jarkko, for these fine news.
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

These are fantastic news. I have seen Leonard only once, 2 years ago in Strasbourg. It was without a doubt the greatest concert experience I ever had, and I've seen quite a lot of artists.

Since then I have been waiting for this moment. I'm so happy I will be able to see him again on stange.

I just have a question about ticket sales: What does "Presale for members" mean? Forum members or members of the official Fanclub?

Thanks!
B4real

Post by B4real »

Amrei wrote:Bev - did we not read an interview recently, where LC said that a new world tour would last something like two years?
Look at the dates - plenty of space for Australia still ... and Singapore
Amrei,

Thank you so much for all your optimism. :) I especially like the last entry in your signature..... 2012 Singapore :razz:
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Suzanne wrote:
yet sadness. I hope the dates will be added and some will also be concerts in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. Czech, Poland, Slovakia, Austria, Slovenia, Romania, Croatia, Greece ... wait! PLEASE!! In the summer I will have a significant birthday, a concert in Prague will be a wonderful gift! What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
Hi Suzanne,

I´m happy that Leonard is back on the World Tour, I'm going, to jump out of the skin with joy. I am extremely happy :D . My life, got spark 8).Concert in the Czech Republic will certainly also be in some of the other designated States.But I am worried about Slovakia. Although have refurbished ice rink, which fits around 8,000 to 10,000 people, so I would imagine you that there held a concert.
If it not a concert in Slovakia, so I go elsewhere, surely!

*** I will try to find something from the agency, which was in 2009 and 2010, the organizers of the concert. ;-)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

What does "Presale for members" mean? Forum members or members of the official Fanclub?
There is no other fan club than this Forum of ours. You will find presale threads in this tour section.
Just log-in, find the presale you are looking for, and use the link to the ticket seller. The link will be visible at the very moment the presale opens, not before.
We may have passwords, too, which will be answers to tricky questions about Leonard and his music. IThe use of passwords is up to the local concert organizers.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

jarkko wrote:
What does "Presale for members" mean? Forum members or members of the official Fanclub?
There is no other fan club than this Forum of ours. You will find presale threads in this tour section.
Just log-in, find the presale you are looking for, and use the link to the ticket seller. The link will be visible at the very moment the presale opens, not before.
We may have passwords, too, which will be answers to tricky questions about Leonard and his music. IThe use of passwords is up to the local concert organizers.
Ok, fortunately Cohen doesn't have a fanclub where you need to pay in order to be officially considered as a fan.

Thanks for your help! :)

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”