CONCERTS OF THE OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR IN EUROPE

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Winnaar58

Re: OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR: CONCERTS AND TICKET INFO

Post by Winnaar58 »

more concerts in Europe will be announced later, so there still will be a chance that there is a concert in Holland?
Right now Mönchengladbach is the best place for me since I have to travel by train and I am not in the position to spend lots of money on train and hotel, but I stil hope Leonard Cohen will also give a concert in Amsterdam or Rotterdam.
Or... may be someone from Holland is willing to take me along to Ghent and back again by car, when I share the costs on fuel?
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Halleluja!!!! The dreams come true, Dublin we are come!!!!!

Mr Cohen!

PLeaaassee don't forget the Concerthall in Vienna!!!!!!!
:razz: :razz:
Marina
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

Hard to get back to work with this excitement! Any ideas when the full European schedule will be announced...not sure I'll survive the anticipation of 'later'? Paris looks good, but as John E said, it would be good to know what the options really are before spending out.

Great news (with a violin)
B
...like one who believes
rigray

Post by rigray »

Brilliant news, Kilmainham again! Now to choose which night to go, 11th or 12th September? Thanks for the advance news and pre-sale, jarrko :D
Dublin May 1976 /Dublin Dec 1979 / Dublin Jun 1983 / Dublin Mar 1985 / Dublin Jun 1988 / Dublin Jun 2008 / Dublin Jul 2009 / Sligo Jul 2010 / Dublin Sept 2012 / Dublin Sept 2013
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

rigray wrote:Brilliant news, Kilmainham again! Now to choose which night to go, 11th or 12th September? Thanks for the advance news and pre-sale, jarrko :D
Both of course ;-)
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

B4real wrote:
Evie B wrote: Australia and New Zealand should not be too concerned at this stage, a visit to those countries would tend to be included on a different leg.

Evie B
Thank you Evie,

I cannnot tell you how very sad I feel at this moment and it is made worse by everyone else's happiness!! Even so, I really am so pleased for all of you over there.
But you have made me feel that maybe there is a glimmer of hope he may come down under.....oh well, as Jarkko always says....patience.....patience.....
You can imagine how sad we feel in the UK as he is just two hours away , in Paris and Dublin, yet nothing here.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

rigray wrote:
Brilliant news, Kilmainham again! Now to choose which night to go, 11th or 12th September? Thanks for the advance news and pre-sale, jarrko

musicmania replied: Both of course
Maybe even three times :!: ;-)
Last edited by carlowmike on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
rigray

Post by rigray »

You're right, musicmania, I must go both nights, I could not pass up this opportunity!!!! :razz:
Dublin May 1976 /Dublin Dec 1979 / Dublin Jun 1983 / Dublin Mar 1985 / Dublin Jun 1988 / Dublin Jun 2008 / Dublin Jul 2009 / Sligo Jul 2010 / Dublin Sept 2012 / Dublin Sept 2013
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Fear not, lightasabreeze ,there is a fair gap in the dates between Ireland and Italy, I really can't see him not playing in the UK, especially London. It will come down to venue availability I suspect.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Thank you, Jarkko! This is wonderful news and the addition of a violinist to the band is the icing on the cake! :D

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
astranger

Post by astranger »

This is simply incredible. I never thought I would see him live once, let alone possibly again. I guess we all knew this was coming but I was staving off the full on excitement until I heard for sure and I'm understandably elated. I do hope though that we don't have to wait another 7 years for his next album ;-)
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
clionamhic

Post by clionamhic »

What wonderful news - two concerts in Kilmainham. A fabulous venue, can't wait!
B4real

Post by B4real »

lightasabreeze wrote:You can imagine how sad we feel in the UK as he is just two hours away , in Paris and Dublin, yet nothing here.
Hi Sylvie,
When he has come to Australia I have had to travel 7 to 8 hours to the closest concert venue so if I were in your position I wouldn't even hesitate to skip across the Irish Sea or the Channel. And if my guess is correct I think you would be able to see him again later on in the UK. My fingers are crossed for you.

EDIT: my sadness has been somewhat placated with the inclusion of a VIOLINIST!!!! :D
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
tigrib

Post by tigrib »

wow, what a birthday present - thank you!
2008 Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Cologne, Berlin, Colmar, Barcelona, Las Vegas, San Jose, Salzburg, Berlin, Strasbourg, Marseille, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Las Vegas 2010
2012 Ghent (x2), Berlin, Moenchengladbach, Lisbon
2013 Berlin ... Pula ... ?
remote1

Post by remote1 »

B4real wrote:
lightasabreeze wrote:You can imagine how sad we feel in the UK as he is just two hours away , in Paris and Dublin, yet nothing here.
Hi Sylvie,
When he has come to Australia I have had to travel 7 to 8 hours to the closest concert venue so if I were in your position I wouldn't even hesitate to skip across the Irish Sea or the Channel. And if my guess is correct I think you would be able to see him again later on in the UK. My fingers are crossed for you.

EDIT: my sadness has been somewhat placated with the inclusion of a VIOLINIST!!!! :D
I'm sure he will come to the UK! It may simply take a bit longer to organise, especially with the Olympics coming up... :D
"We are so lightly here"

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”