Kilmainham, summer 2012?

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
ronmed

Re: Kilmainham, summer 2012?

Post by ronmed »

Still no sign of ticket delivery for Kilmainham concerts, I sold tickets for Wednesday concert through the forum, the purchaser is uneasy, can someone confirm that we are all in the one boat ?.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

ronmed (and anyone else who nervous about non-arrival of tickets):

You can check whether your tickets have been sent out yet very simply by logging on to your Ticketmaster account and selecting Ticket orders / Order history. Click on the relevant order number to see order status. As of this morning, my Kilmainham tickets "have not yet been dispatched."

Tickets for very popular shows are often on delayed dispatch to discourage touts. To be honest, I would not be surprised if we did not receive our tickets for these shows until a couple of weeks before the concerts but it's down to the promoters. This is the first time I've been able to get to one of the Irish shows so I don't have any personal experience of how POD have played it in the past but I have this vague idea that tickets were sent out relatively early for the Sligo shows. Perhaps someone can confirm? Either way, the shows are still more than 4 months off so there is still plenty of time!

Wendy
oran mor

Post by oran mor »

Hi all,
Just wondering does anyone know time of arrival on stage. only information is gates 4pm. Past has been close to 9pm at various venues. Is this set to be same.
thanks oran mor
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

oran mor wrote:Hi all,
Just wondering does anyone know time of arrival on stage. only information is gates 4pm. Past has been close to 9pm at various venues. Is this set to be same.
thanks oran mor
I do not know for certain the time of the concert, however, last time in June 2008, at the same venue, the gates were due to be opened about the same time. However there was quite a delay. The sound check was still going on so it was around 5.30 before the crowds were let in. I remember Leonard and the band and entourage leaving in cars with blacked out windows after this sound check. (At least we presumed it was he). There was then a bit of a scramble for the food stalls and beer tents. Also, there was a support act, Damian Rice, around 7.00 to 7.30pm. Leonard did not come on until 8.00 pm. Nearly every concert I have attended has started at 8.00 pm, apart from Madrid which was 9.00pm local, if I remember correctly. I would be very surprised if the Kilmainham 2012 concerts did not also start at 8.00 pm sharp.
I am sure there will be more information nearer the time, here on the forum.
Hope this helps.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
shoreofneed

Post by shoreofneed »

I would be very surprised if the Kilmainham 2012 concerts did not also start at 8.00 pm sharp.
Scott
According to a report in 2008 at Kilmainham they had Damian Rice as opening act for Leonard concert he played for about 45 minutes. Leonard came on stage at 8oc. I read somewhere the outdoor concerts start at 8pm so the stage lighting effects can be appreciated as the evening gets darker.
Phoenix, New York MSG, Las Vegas.
To The Shores of Need
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

Sligo 2010.
anecdote from Sligo-based Mary ( manslady) ...
~~~~ Leonard was on the beach one day at Mullaghmore, Sligo, a group of residents from Cregg House (a residential centre for people with Learning Disabilities) were also there having a walk.
Apparently one of their bus drivers, Eddie, wears a hat like Leonards. They saw Leonard and all starting waving and saying 'Hi Eddie'.
He came over to them and they were still calling him Eddie, and Leonard said, 'Actually my name is Leonard' and he spoke to them. He asked one of the care staff if he could get them something ... an ice cream, or whatever they'd like.
She told him that most of them had special diets and it wouldn't be possible to accommodate them. He wished them well and they parted and as Leonard went away, they were all waving and still calling 'Bye Eddie, Bye Eddie.' ~~~~~ ;-)
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Mick...this story always makes me smile! :D
Diane

Post by Diane »

ScottM wrote:Leonard did not come on until 8.00 pm...I would be very surprised if the Kilmainham 2012 concerts did not also start at 8.00 pm sharp.
Yes, he did arrive promptly onstage at 8pm each night last time. (I can't comment on Damien Rice as we missed him but reports were good.)
shoreofneed wrote:I read somewhere the outdoor concerts start at 8pm so the stage lighting effects can be appreciated as the evening gets darker.
The view from the stage changes too. Taking in a wide view of the scene in front of him as the sky was rapidly darkening on one of the evenings, Leonard said, "friends it is getting dark...soon I won't be able to see you anymore." (I think accompanied by one of his big grins, the grin meaning, I imagine, "and therefore all the more beautiful is this moment"). Old Ideas' reflections on death returned that memory to me.
shoreofneed

Post by shoreofneed »

anecdote from Sligo-based Mary ( manslady) ...
~~~~ Leonard was on the beach one day at Mullaghmore, Sligo, a group of residents from Cregg House (a residential centre for people with Learning Disabilities) were also there having a walk.
Apparently one of their bus drivers, Eddie, wears a hat like Leonards. They saw Leonard and all starting waving and saying 'Hi Eddie'.
He came over to them and they were still calling him Eddie, and Leonard said, 'Actually my name is Leonard' and he spoke to them. He asked one of the care staff if he could get them something ... an ice cream, or whatever they'd like.
She told him that most of them had special diets and it wouldn't be possible to accommodate them. He wished them well and they parted and as Leonard went away, they were all waving and still calling 'Bye Eddie, Bye Eddie.' ~~~~~
by ladydi » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:53 am
Mick...this story always makes me smile!
me too ladydi :) don't think I can look at Leonard again without picturing him driving a bus :razz:
Phoenix, New York MSG, Las Vegas.
To The Shores of Need
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

Niamh Shields is one of Britain's best-known food bloggers. Originally from Dungarvan in county Waterford, she wrote for a scientific journal before leaving the nine-to-five job to launch Eat Like a Girl, her award-winning blog.
She is quoted as saying " being a scientist trained me to be very goal-focused",
needing something to aim for she has included the following on "her bucket list" under the heading :-
"I want to make Leonard Cohen a sandwich".

The Sunday Times.
TICK THE BUCKET.
From travelling the world to running a marathon, everybody has a list of things to do before they die.
Niamh Shields achieved two of her must-dos after running a pop-up cafe at the Electric Picnic festival and another at the Waterford Festival of Food.
"I also want to make a sandwich for Leonard Cohen and see him live in concerl, " she says.
The article reminded me of the following story Lolita picked up in 2010 from a shop assistant in Mullaghmore, Sligo
At 9pm on Friday, shortly after Leonard Cohen and his band had arrived in Mullaghmore, a man strolled into Paddy's Place, a small shop across the road from the Pier Head Hotel where Leonard and his entourage were staying , he asked the shop assistant, Laura, if she could make a sandwich for him.
Laura had just finished cleaning the Deli area and had put everything away, and although she knew he was not a regular customer nevertheless she brought everything out again and made the sandwich...he paid for the sandwich and a bottle of water and then rambled off in the rain towards the beach.
45 minutes later the same man passed by the shop and Laura heard a customer say " there's Leonard Cohen", the customer ran out and had her picture taken with him.
;-)
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
jeney

Post by jeney »

by carlowmike » Fri May 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Niamh Shields is one of Britain's best-known food bloggers. Originally from Dungarvan in county Waterford, she wrote for a scientific journal before leaving the nine-to-five job to launch Eat Like a Girl, her award-winning blog.
She is quoted as saying " being a scientist trained me to be very goal-focused",
needing something to aim for she has included the following on "her bucket list" under the heading :-
"I want to make Leonard Cohen a sandwich".
Niamh Shields is on tour in Canada , her Blog from Montreal reads :
Schwartz Deli is the deli of legend, with queues every day even in the deep winter snow.
The smoked brisket sandwiches are immense and if that isn’t enough, Leonard Cohen lives around the corner and is rumoured to eat there.
Dublin 22nd July 2009. Sligo 31st July and 1st August 2010.
I dreamed about you, baby
It was just the other night.
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

Tickets still available on Ticketmaster for the Friday 14th September Kilmainham Concert,
not looking good for a 4th Concert :!:
I have three tickets for sale ( face value ) for the Tuesday 11th September Concert in Block A4 Row AA, Seats 102 - 104,
will be putting them up on the "Find, Sell or Swap" thread shortly.
;-)
jeney

Post by jeney »

I have three tickets for sale ( face value ) for the Tuesday 11th September Concert in Block A4 Row AA, Seats 102 - 104,
will be putting them up on the "Find, Sell or Swap" thread shortly.
Mick, I already bought my tickets but I am wondering where is Row AA ?
I know Blk A4 Row A is middle front row directly if front of stage but where Row AA in Block A4 ?
Dublin 22nd July 2009. Sligo 31st July and 1st August 2010.
I dreamed about you, baby
It was just the other night.
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

Jeany wrote : I already bought my tickets but I am wondering where is Row AA ?
I know Blk A4 Row A is middle front row directly if front of stage but where Row AA in Block A4 ?
The seats are in the 27th Row of Block A4.
The first 26 Rows run from A to Z .
Block A4 Row AA commences after Row Z.
by ladydi » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:53 am

Mick...this story always makes me smile!
ladydi, only spotted your Post today,
will you be joining us in Kilmainham
:?: ;-)
cjs

Post by cjs »

Hello everybody. I was thrilled to get 2 tickets in the pre sale after dreadful struggle with ticket master when I couldn't make out the sqiggly words I was supposed to type in. Vital minutes passed and I ended up with row Q, not the front exactly but I am still pleased. I have never been to an outdoor venue before and wondered if anyone has any words of advice - in addition the the midge wipes(!) about what to bring/wear for Dublin on a September evening?.
many thanks

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”