Hattie Webb Album Launch Concert & Review (London, 19th May)

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
John Etherington

Hattie Webb Album Launch Concert & Review (London, 19th May)

Post by John Etherington »

I hope lots of Forum members will come to support Hattie, at this major event in her career!

https://www.alternatives.org.uk/event/c ... um-release
Last edited by John Etherington on Tue May 30, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JJR

Re: Hattie Webb Album Launch Show in London, 19th May

Post by JJR »

Sadly I have to leave London earlier that day so I can't make it to the show. It's hard to find any news of the actual album release. Is it digital only? Is there a specified release date?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I am hoping to be there though the train fare makes it a pretty expensive outing.

Anyone else who, like me, lives a long way from London might like to note that Hattie's concert runs from 19:00 to 20:30, making it feasible to catch a train home after the show and avoid the cost of overnight accommodation. Hattie has confirmed to me that these running times are correct.

Wendy
John Etherington

JJR - The album should be publicly available on June 3rd (Hattie's birthday).

At St James, there is usually vegetarian food available to buy after the event, and a chance to socialize for a while.
John Etherington

Hattie Webb video for "Arithmetic" from her new album, "To the Bone":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLuhWwdu4tk&t=3s
John Etherington

Looking forward to seeing most of the people/artists who attended the London Leonard Cohen tribute at Hattie's album launch this evening at St James, Piccadilly (plus many who didn't). More than 100 people will be attending.

Keep an eye on Hattie's Facebook page, as they will be attempting a live steam of the event (7.00-8.30 pm BST).
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

From Hattie on Facebook.
LIVE FACEBOOK STREAM - tonight from Hattie Webb
"Hey dudes and dudettes, we are going to attempt a live Facebook stream at St James’s Church tonight (Fingers crossed with the wifi.) If you would like to tune in, keep your eyes peeled on Hattie Webb from 7pm London, England time.
Wybe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
John Etherington

Hattie's album launch was a wonderful evening with 150 or more people turning-up for the event, despite it only being announced a couple of weeks beforehand. I arrived as early as possible to meet about a dozen different people that I'd recruited for the event. It was also great to see the whole of the Webb family there, Graham and Mandy (mum and dad), plus the two Webb brothers, and Charley with her husband and baby daughter. It was a fine evening and St James Church, where the Leonard tribute took place in February, was the perfect setting.

To start the evening, organizer Malcolm Stern gave his usual friendly welcome and as usual asked the people in the audience to say hello to the person next to them (a similar thing used to happen at Incredible String Band concerts in the late Sixties/early Seventies)! Next came another regular ritual, which I'm sure Leonard would have approved of. Malcolm asked three people from the audience to come to the front and light a candle; one each for love, beauty and friendship. On this occasion, the three people were, Julie Felix, Felicity Buirski, and myself.

Hattie made her entrance by walking down the centre aisle of the church. Her hair was tied back and loose behind her head. She wore attractive long pink and white earrings, a short white fringed top with see-through embroidered sleeves, and a short black skirt and tights with platform ankle boots. She was joined by her two accompanying musicians; Pedro (her percussionist) to her left, and her keyboard player to her right. Both of them also wore black and white. Behind the musicians were different coloured spherical light balls wrapped round poles.

The songs played were:
River
As Long as We're Dancing
Intimate Conversation
Newton's Law
To the Bone
House of the Rising Sun
Emotion
Nobody Could
Love a While (sung without harp)
Rhythm of the Night
Natalie
Call My Name
Arithmetic
If I Should Die

Encores:
You Can Close Your Eyes
If it Be Your Will (played for the first time as an instrumental, and on the big harp that Leonard gave to Hattie).

Following her performance, which lasted approximately 90 minutes, Hattie received a standing ovation. After the concert there was plenty of time for people to chat with the artists and others in the audience, buy a vegetarian curry for £5, and purchase CDS and other items from Hattie who was signing them personally.

Return to “Related Artists”