Sharon Robinson: My Journey As An Artist Continues

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

By NENAD GEORGIEVSKI, Published: August 15, 2015
http://www.allaboutjazz.com/sharon-robi ... php?page=1

A great interview published today @ All About Jazz.

Some compliments from Nenad Georgievski to LC: "Cohen's mammoth tours"; "what is considered to be one of the most impressive comebacks in music history."

The interview includes a track-by-track analyses of the recent album, Caffeine. Worth reading, indeed!

Also, several facts about the production of Ten New Songs.

And something really exciting for Europe (see the last quote here):
I wrote "Lucky" with Leonard Cohen in the 80's. I had created this strange, densely arranged calypso track that surprisingly, Leonard really liked. He wrote a sweet and beautiful lyric for it, but in all this time, it hadn't found a home. I decided to re-do the arrangement, giving the music a more down-to-earth quality, and try it for my new album, and I'm feeling good about where it's landed.
My book is meant to be a visual experience of being On Tour with Leonard Cohen. The constant movement, the chaos, the camaraderie, the discipline and concentration, the natural and man-made beauty of our surroundings, the refinement of the artist, the music, and by association, most everything else. I tried to include photos that tell the story of the tour, and bring the viewer along on the ride with us.
There were several rituals we enjoyed before the show. The green room was reserved for Leonard and the band starting 30 minutes before the show as a way of preparing for the concert. There was the essential oil that Leonard would anoint us with and the "rounds" that we would chant on the way to the stage. I can't help but think these gestures and rituals contributed to the cohesiveness of the music once we were on stage. (...)
We often had meals or coffee together. There were excursions, parties, birthdays, romances. Though we all socialized, there was a special bond between Leonard and the band. We called the touring party the bubble, but the word microcosm might also apply.
Many of Leonard's wonderful fans have come to my shows. It will take some time, but I hope to build from there to a larger audience. Which is why that initial core audience is so very important. I hope to develop an even stronger connection with my fans on my next European tour coming up in the fall. We're working on dates for October and November and I'm really excited about it.
Goldin

Re: Sharon Robinson: My Journey As An Artist Continues

Post by Goldin »

Sharon Robinson To Play The Sugar Club, Dublin – Nov 7, 2015
http://cohencentric.com/2015/08/20/shar ... ov-7-2015/

Return to “Related Artists”