Javier Mas guests with Jackson Browne - Barcelona June 2015

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
cohenadmirer

Javier Mas guests with Jackson Browne - Barcelona June 2015

Post by cohenadmirer »

Jackson Browne helped by Javier Mas on 'Your Bright Baby Blues ' in Barcelona as part of the current ' Standing in the Breach tour' June 3rd 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6YzHM8gMt0
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
B4real

Re: Javier Mas guests with Jackson Browne - Barcelona June 2

Post by B4real »

Ah David, thanks for posting that video and I’ve just watched others and your videos from Amsterdam. It’s good to see two favourite artists together again for now quite a few times in the last 8 years since the Acordes con LC Tribute Concert in 2007. And as you probably know Javier was featured on Jackson’s 2010 album Love Is Strange. It's interesting to see Javier not sitting on a chair :)

I’m sure you would have had a great time in Amsterdam, if you want to enlarge upon how you saw the concert and/or others of Jackson's you may have attended, I would love to hear your musings. I had plans to go to Hydra and was going to take in a few Jackson Browne concerts (inc Barcelona) in Europe to make it additional reasons to journey across the world but unfortunately had to cancel my trip.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Hi Bea
Thanks for the comments. I certainly enjoyed the amsterdam concert , which was nearly 3 hours long with a brief intermission .I'm sure that having javier join in Barcelona would have been even more special , at least for Cohenites

Jackson seems to connect with the audience very well- warmly and respectfully- sometimes changing the setlist in response to audience shouts .He's a good story teller and clearly communicates his main ' political' message about the ongoing need for us all to do our little bit to protect the earth .

I have loved jackson's work as long as i've loved leonards - my teen musical awakening drawing me to songwriters who can accessibly articulate some of the important things. Jackson's newest songs are as strong as any from his past repertoire , and as expected he did several from the last album ' standing in the breach' after which the tour is named .
What we need now is the 'popular problems tour'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOHKsDnGhgE
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thanks David, for your comments about the tour. Yes, he does like to chat a bit and will play requests. I have to also agree that I have loved Jackson's songs too from way back and have every one of his official albums and more! I do actually prefer the earlier albums but his last one promoting this tour is excellent! A great variety of moods. Even though he didn't write it (but he did translate it) I do really like Walls And Doors from Standing In The Breach album.

I also admire him for his on-going humanitarianism for us and the welfare of the planet. He does lead by example and is not afraid to put his money, mouth or physical presence towards achieving a better world for all of us. It's also great that he has a connection with Leonard 8)

Ah yes, a Popular Problems/Can't Forget tour would indeed be the best!....now if we could also persuade Leonard to include some audience requests that would certainly be something different to look forward to :D One can only dream.....

Bev
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
B4real

Re: Javier Mas guests with Jackson Browne - Barcelona Sept 2016

Post by B4real »

Well, we know what Javier Mas has been up to in the last few days. Here he is guesting with Jackson Browne & Raul Rodriguez at Sala Apolo, Barcelona 17th Sept 2016. Seems to now be an annual event :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvII6R5x8gc

Too Many Angels......One of my favourite JB songs :D

and here's another guest appearance by Javier from the same concert, a cover of LC's the three artists have been playing together for at least ten years now!

A Thousand Kisses Deep -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7yXLnHCmrU

Return to “Related Artists”