Sharon's new album: Caffeine

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
jarkko
Site Admin

Sharon's new album: Caffeine

Post by jarkko »

The album will be released on March 30 by Floating World
(According to Amazon (UK), the release date is April 6)
EAN 0805772505520

1. Sharon Robinson - The Harder You Look For Love
2. Sharon Robinson - Strong For Me
3. Sharon Robinson - Lucky
4. Sharon Robinson - Driftwood
5. Sharon Robinson - Caffeine, Safe
6. Sharon Robinson - The Storm In Your Eyes
7. Sharon Robinson - One More Song
8. Sharon Robinson - Along For The Ride
9. Sharon Robinson - A Fragile Love
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
brightnow

Re: Sharon's new album: Caffeine

Post by brightnow »

As of Wednesday afternoon (March 4th), not yet available for pre-order on Amazon US, but hopefully it will show up soon!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
meglos2000

Post by meglos2000 »

Very much looking forward to this. I wonder if any of the songs are collaborations with Leonard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

According to Amazon.in,
CAFFIENE is an all original collection of new songs written by Sharon,the track LUCKY is a co-write with LEONARD COHEN.
Tom has mentioned a song with this title in 2011 (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27835&p=281491#p281491):
tomsakic wrote:We browsed some databases few years back, and found bunch of copyrighted and unrecorded song written by Leonard and Sharon Robinson in the 1980s, like Lucky, Summertime (recorded later by Sharon), Reagan's Rag (?) etc.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

From LeonardCohenLive:
Lucky.png
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

That looks great : very CohenWorldesque.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
codiug

Post by codiug »

We had the honor of an evening with Sharon Robinson yesterday in Antwerp. And we loved her new songs. There ar 10 songs on her new CD (Caffeine and Safe are different songs).Very nice appearance of JJ and his trumpet.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I've just played "Caffeine" for the first time, and I'm instantly taken with it. The production is excellent with a full, clear sound, and great musicianship. The material sounds wonderful, as does Sharon's voice (check what A. Sukitu says about it in the Bush Hall thread). I listened to it on headphones, and found myself totally absorbed by it. I can't wait to play it again, which is always a good sign. I love the sophisticated and tasteful cover, though unfortunately the booklet is unreadable (blue writing on a brown background). If "Caffeine" gets the right promotion and the public appreciate quality, appeal of this album could extend far beyond the Leonard Cohen market into the soul and jazz spheres. I can well imagine Sharon playing at the legendary Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club on a future visit to London. Let's hope she does!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

According to Sharon, there is a change in the release schedule for USA/Canada:
Due to manufacturing delays, the North American release of my new album 'Caffeine' has been rescheduled to a new date. However, this will not affect pre-orders or the European release through Floating World Records. We will announce the new North American release date very soon. Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Love, Sharon
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
AlexandraLaughing

Post by AlexandraLaughing »

'Reagan's Rag'? I sure would love to hear that!

Somewhere between Dress Rehearsal Rag and Tom Lehrer's Vatican Rag, I take it?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I thought that, too, AlexandraLaughing, that I'd love to hear that song!

SEXY photo of Sharon sitting at the end of the bar. It appears to be a copper bar, but who knows. Hard to tell in black & white.
Looking forward to this album!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
IrishAL

Post by IrishAL »

Sharon at the Button Factory Club in Dublin on April 10th
something old... something new...

Driftwood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5ckXTnx-gs#t=87

Boogie street
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eaAdwhXU2M

enjoy

albert
2008: Dublin x2 London Helsinki London RAH M'chester
2009:
New York Weybridge Dublin x2 Belfast Lisbon Bratislava, B'celona Chicago L' Vegas, San Jose
2010: Zagreb Sligo x2 Berlin Gent x2 Florence Marseille Katowice Bratislava L' Vegasx2
2012 Gent x2 Amsterdam X2 Dublin x4 Verona Paris x2,Boston
2013NewYork,Brussels,Prague,Vienna,Zurich,Manchester,Birmingham,Dublinx2,London,Rotterdam,Amsterdam
AlexandraLaughing

Post by AlexandraLaughing »

Now listened to this album all the way through. It's a great listen.

'One More Song' is the stand-out for me- both the song itself, and the way she sings it, with so much heart. But I also really liked 'Along for the ride', and most of the others as well, really.

I really like her take on the intelligent torch song. And she has such easy style, such a lovely voice, and such a winning personality altogether.

Return to “Related Artists”