Post by dick »

Thanks to Hazel Field for the links

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/musique/ ... nvoyer_cbp

Photos from Vladimir Antaki's Facebook page:

http://www.artistic-agitators.com/proje ... n_montreal

Review using Google Translate:

Marie-Christine Blais
Press

Wednesday night, Montreal was entitled to an authentic, a real alignment of stars: Adam Cohen, son of a Leonard, occurred at the Upstairs Jazz Bar, a show in his hometown on the same night as Vigneault, friend long his father (the Gesù) and Rufus Wainwright, friend and even spiritual brother of Adam (the PDA)!

But all these amazing coincidences have simply vanished, giving way to the point when Adam Cohen is mounted on the warm and intimate scene Upstairs, in order to present some songs from his excellent fourth album, Like A Man (in stores since Tuesday).

How to say? It was the kind of show that myths are made, the type of evening that those who attended the talk for years to come, a moment of grace, a real one. Something like the return of the prodigal son and prodigy, the second birth of a child under 39 who has made peace with his inner demons, because it measures and finally knows everything it owes them. It was the talent of a man who inherited the poetry, sex appeal, the tendency for female names, the natural elegance and humor of his father ("For those who do not know I am the son of a Canadian icon Wayne Gretzky ...! "). But there also, and more, survived ...

Accompanied by two friends exceptional musicians (May Bloomfield Michael Chaves strings and all other instruments!), Speaking in turn in impeccable French and English in a rich, Adam Cohen, his guitar neck and in her soul eyes, performed before an attentive audience and attracted the best songs from his album Like A Man: Sweet Dominique (a song to give you a taste of having "one night stands" every night of your life), What Other Guy (which, in my opinion, no girl or woman can resist), Girls These Days, Like A Man, Beautiful and Overrated.

He added two of his old songs (Hey Eleanor and Jane), took over with conviction What's Going On by Marvin Gaye, but also emotionally, So Long Marianne Leonard of his father. And between all this, he laughed, referring to the Buddhist monk Roshi (the mentor of his father) or its own functions "small parrot and pigeon small" traveling between his parents divorced artists ...

In short, Wednesday night, a certain Adam has shown that a long line of poets, that of Cohen in Montreal, does exist and it continued on to the beauty somewhere between the sacred and the profane.
lizzytysh

Re: Rave Review For Adam in Montreal

Post by lizzytysh »

That's a splendid, a beautiful review.
Adam must be so happy and Leonard so proud.
Everyone so pleased.
Perhaps, I'll get the chance to see him, too.

Thanks for this, Dick [and Hazel].
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Mollydog

Re: Rave Review For Adam in Montreal & Ottawa too!

Post by Mollydog »

Adam played in Ottawa last night. The review from Montreal perfectly describes the intimate concert that I felt very privileged to be part of. Surprisingly (to me, but more importantly to Adam) a large portion of the audience was francophone. The Montreal concert had sold out the night before so a lot of people drove the two hours to Ottawa. There was a great atmosphere and a lot of good natured bantering en francais between Adam and the crowd. He told several very amusing stories about his parents and also about Roshi (different than those mentioned above apart from the Wayne Gretzky joke!). All in all he was charming, funny, sexy and very talented…I think this reminds me of someone else we all know!

My favourite moments were his singing of Hey Jane where he added a verse of Bird On the Wire in the middle, the beautiful new songs Like a Man and What Other Guy and a wonderful rendition of So Long Marianne where we all had a great sing along (enthusiastically encouraged by Adam).

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
sandraa

Post by sandraa »

Thank you very much for the reviews.I'm really looking forward to seeing Adam in Dundalk on 03rd November
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Mmmmm... sounds like a full and varied, satisfying night for Adam and all who came to see him. Thanks, Mary.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Adam Cohen”