Old Ideas to Dear Heather and back again!

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
RainDog1980

Re: Old Ideas to Dear Heather and back again!

Post by RainDog1980 »

I was surprised that Dear Heather was ignored completely, as there were a few songs that really could have come alive on stage (Go No More A-Roving, The Faith, Nightingale, The Letters).

I also think that there is plenty of performable material on Old Ideas - Show Me the Place being a prime candidate in place of A Thousand Kisses, or Going Home. Crazy to Love you would fit in well with the solo acoustic of Avalanche or Suzanne. Different Sides, Amen, Darkness, Lullaby all work well as full band pieces.

Banjo could work and would probably be a little more interesting with the full band. There were definitely some very quiet moments in concert where these songs would work just as easily. Come Healing would be a great end number, like Wither Thou Goest.

Just some food for thought.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

DBCohen wrote:Yes, well, I guess I focused on the spiritual aspect of the song :oops:
Well, it's sad to put down song like Darkness to be only about one thing, even if it's cunnilingus. ;-)
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

RainDog wrote:
Come Healing would be a great end number
I could imagine it delicately performed as a duet by Hattie and Charlie, without Leonard's participation...
holydove

Post by holydove »

imaginary friend wrote:
RainDog wrote:
Come Healing would be a great end number
I could imagine it delicately performed as a duet by Hattie and Charlie, without Leonard's participation...
Oh, I deeply hope that Leonard does participate in the singing of that song. . .

Return to “OLD IDEAS”