Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
ladydi

Re: Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cilbo

Post by Cilbo »

Great news!!!!

My big box of Leonard goodies (finally) arrived this morning - and - no money to pay!!.

Spare cd in with the vinyl, and the lithograph is much better in 'real life' - can't wait to get it framed. And put on the wall next to the one from Kelsey (thanks again!).

Today has started well!
Cilla
London 2008, Brighton 2008, Liverpool 2009, Ghent 2010, Stuttgart 2010.
Ghent x 2 - 2012, London 2013, Brighton 2013....
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

It can't possibly take this long to get a CD to Hawaii Scott. Sounds to me as if your package has got lost in the post. Time to follow up on non-receipt with Sony?

Wendy
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anneporter

Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Post by anneporter »

Well, I finally received my preorder... We fans obviously rank abysmally low on Sony's priority list. The extreme slowness of delivery was quite an achievement-- Amazon got it to me 2 days after the release dare, and Fred's Records had my copy ready 1 day before the big day...
Sony's effort was a whopping EIGHTEEN days late!

I'd consider sending it back as no longer relevant but they would likely make me pay for postage...
newfoundland--understand?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I can share the frustration of a few Finns who are still waiting... (including my order that was, according to email from Sony, shipped on Jan 31). The album (both CD and vinyl) was on sale here in Helsinki on Wed January 28 in independent record shops that import their records from a wholesaler in Holland. The official release date was Feb 2.
A German fan forwarded me Sony's reply to his complaint. The shipping time can be up to 18 WORKING DAYS (excluding Sat and Sun), and they told him to wait until February 27 before getting worried. After that, he was adviced to contact his own post office :lol:
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Wissmann6

Post by Wissmann6 »

I can add my experience with the pre-ordered CD:

After not having received the CD by February 15th I contacted Sony and asked for the status of the shipment. They replied that my telephone number would be missing in my file and without a telephone number no shipment can be done.
I send them my telephone number and they replied that once the shipping was done they will inform me with an e-mail. So far I have not received anything (no CD, nor any e-mail).
I am absolutely sure that I supplied all requested information (including my phone number) when making the order and I can not understand why Sony was not contacting me for the missing telephone information.
After all that I have read in this thread it can take 3 weeks or even longer before the CD will arrive here in Germany. Quite frustrating...

Did Sony offer some kind of compensation to anyone in this forum so far (download of a digital copy etc.)?

Frank
2008: Oberhausen, Cardiff / 2009: Detroit, Cologne / 2010: Berlin, Gent, Wiesbaden, Dortmund / 2012: Gent (3x), Mönchengladbach / 2013: Oberhausen, Mannheim //
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Nor I... nothing. Fortunately, I didn't rely on it! And they weren't to charge me until it was shipped. Good THING!!!

Ohhhh... that referring you to your local post office trick... I NEVER like hearing THAT... total avoidance of responsibility.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
andrea

Post by andrea »

Hi,
What a patience I have to proof in this time. I probably are one of the few ones not having listened to the new cd yet. I cannot believe it to resist so long.
My son ordered at Sony the cd with litho and the vinyl edition too. We hoped for it by the end of january (it was my christmas present from him ), now it arrived finally on 21. february in Berlin at his address , but paying further ca. 14 Euro for the customer fee .
I feel sorry for my son having spent so much money for making this present to me, when it was available in Berlin on 27th january for 18,90 Euro.

But it is a gift of love and that is why I wait for listen to it...probably next week when I get to Berlin :) and he said it was worth waiting for it .
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
Wissmann6

Post by Wissmann6 »

Wissmann6 wrote:I can add my experience with the pre-ordered CD:

After not having received the CD by February 15th I contacted Sony and asked for the status of the shipment. They replied that my telephone number would be missing in my file and without a telephone number no shipment can be done.
I send them my telephone number and they replied that once the shipping was done they will inform me with an e-mail. So far I have not received anything (no CD, nor any e-mail).
I am absolutely sure that I supplied all requested information (including my phone number) when making the order and I can not understand why Sony was not contacting me for the missing telephone information.
After all that I have read in this thread it can take 3 weeks or even longer before the CD will arrive here in Germany. Quite frustrating...

Did Sony offer some kind of compensation to anyone in this forum so far (download of a digital copy etc.)?

Frank
I again expressed my frustration towards "Sony" and I was able to cancel my order as it hast not been shipped yet (yes, almost one month after release date they did not even ship!).

At least I will get my money back which they charged already in November.
2008: Oberhausen, Cardiff / 2009: Detroit, Cologne / 2010: Berlin, Gent, Wiesbaden, Dortmund / 2012: Gent (3x), Mönchengladbach / 2013: Oberhausen, Mannheim //
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Mine took forever to arrive as well, have had it about a week now. Plus I had to pay £15 duty. Still, relieved to finally have it and the litho in my hands. Have to say I expected better from the official store, and when they asked me to review my purchase, I let them know in no uncertain terms!
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw »

still nothing here, but a polite mail, asking me to contact my local post-office, and if nothing has arrived within three or four more days, than i could contact them again, to see if i want a refund or any other arrangement. "tomorrow" i'll try again.
i had thought all would be much better, faster, by buying directly from the LC site. well, one is never too old to learn new things, it seems.
pe
... precisely ...
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw »

goodnight to all
i hope i can be the one who will close this topic, now.
yesterday (friday) afternoon, march 29, bpost delivered my package. the note inside mentioned the re-order date march 16th, (the original date of shipping was jan. 31). the litograph nr. is now 4089/5500.
that means that now, i can start looking for my first command, just for the fun of searching ; now that i have finally received my set of jewelry, i can start sending a "little bit less friendly" reply to sony &co, ups"innovations" intl, etcetera.
i hope to find my original command somewhere on this planet, but if someone else has received it, by error, and is enjoying it, i would not mind.
if someone along the transport-chain has "held my package aside", i hope i can still find it : i do not feel happy, when someone has "stolen" something from me, even if the financial value is not that high, because the emotional value of vinyl, paper and cd is higher than anything.
but for now, i am very happy, and that's the most important. (juliette gréco is talking about cecilia bartoli, in the background, on french tv, that's a bonus moment of happiness)
pe
... precisely ...

Return to “OLD IDEAS”