Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
LisaLCFan

Re: Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Post by LisaLCFan »

We should start a new thread entitled, "So, how many people bought more than one copy of Old Ideas?"
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

It's here! Gotta go!

M
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
mutti

Post by mutti »

Yes Lisa that is a good idea...I won't even mention how many I have now...
but luckily each one has a home...
L. :razz:
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

friscogrl wrote:It's here! Gotta go!

M
CONGRATULATIONS !
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

LisaLCFan wrote:We should start a new thread entitled, "So, how many people bought more than one copy of Old Ideas?"

:lol: :lol: I phisically have one, but three ordered.... My poor non-cohenite friends will have a lot LC offered from me these months!
I can keep three, one for home, one for the car and one as a "collection item"....
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

BEATRIZ SALLES wrote:
LisaLCFan wrote:We should start a new thread entitled, "So, how many people bought more than one copy of Old Ideas?"

:lol: :lol: I phisically have one, but three ordered......
Same here! One ordered from www.zavvi.com in the UK (received on release date), another ordered with a lithograph from Sony (nowhere to be seen) and a third on its way to me via Kelsey with the (much nicer) Muse lithograph.

All I can say is .... you can never have too much of a good thing!

Wendy
hazey

Post by hazey »

Almost same too! A cd from Zavvi, a pre-ordered vinyl and...was going to get two more cds for friends in local shops but couldn't find any.
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
Cilbo

Post by Cilbo »

Just a note to all of you who have ordered the CD, lithograph etc from Sony Music - I have asked them re my order, and received this reply -

'I understand your concern regarding your order. Your order shipped on February 01, 2012 via UPS Mail Innovations. Unfortunately tracking is not available for this shipping method, but the estimated transit time is 8-18 business days from the ship date. So you should receive your order between February 13, 2012 to February 27, 2012. If your order doesn't arrive by February 27, 2012 you may want to check with your local post office, your parcel may be held there if customs fees or taxes are due. Please note that your local post office will deliver your parcel, not UPS. That's because with UPS Mail Innovations, UPS processes and delivers your parcel to your country's postal service who will deliver the parcel to you.'

Gonna have to go to HMV to buy a CD, already waited too long....!!

Cilla
London 2008, Brighton 2008, Liverpool 2009, Ghent 2010, Stuttgart 2010.
Ghent x 2 - 2012, London 2013, Brighton 2013....
Marino

Post by Marino »

I wll wait until next friday. If my CD and lito don´t arrive, I will buy the CD released by brazilian Sony. I suppose there are not differences between brazilian and the CD I´ve bought on LC Global Store and is misteriously disappeared around the planet. In the future (when? I don´t know), a friend will be happy, because one CD will become a gift for him/her.
Kali

Post by Kali »

i too am really disappointed - thought it was a pre order meaning I could be the envy of all! I am here in Dublin and just received a notification that My CD was attempted to be delivered to me yesterday - and I have to pick up and wait for it AN 18 EURO ADDED CUSTOMS CHARGE THAT I HAVE TO PAY HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN TOLD THIS IN IRELAND? REALLY ANGRY THAT THE WHOLE THING IS WORKING OUT AT ALMOST 65 euro. Kali
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Sorry to hear you've been charged customs duties Kali. I don't know about Ireland but, here in the UK, duties are strictly payable (together with a £9 "presentation fee" payable to the Post Office) on all goods coming in from outside the EU which have a value greater than £15. Many shipments avoid the duty, particularly if the sender puts "gift" and the second hand value rather than the amount paid on the customs declaration - but it can work both ways. We've had to pay excess duties before now where a retailer has (incorrectly) included the shipping costs in the declared value. There is no appeal. I work on the expectation that I will have to pay the duties if I order anything valued at more than £15 then keep my fingers crossed that the parcel will get through without a stop at customs.

BTW in the UK you will know if a parcel has been held at Customs as you get a little red card through the door telling you the amount you need to pay. You can then pay this online and the parcel goes out for delivery once the payment has cleared. I ordered on November 21, the goods shipped on January 26 and, as of 8 February I have received neither CD/ litho nor a card telling me how much to pay so I can only conclude that the UPS service used by Sony is just about the slowest there is.

Wendy
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Kali wrote: AN 18 EURO ADDED CUSTOMS CHARGE
That does sound a lot for one little CD, Kali, but as Wendy says there is no appeal against customs charges. When I ordered the LC box set earlier I knew there would be a customs charge, but I had no idea how much - it turned out to be 25 Euro, which doesn't sound too bad now compared to yours for one CD!

It took 13 business days, including however long customs took ; didn't expect it from the USA much sooner than that, really, but of course I was in no hurry for it - with "Old Ideas" it would be different. I was surprised that no tracking was possible - you just waited and hoped it would arrive! ( Luckily I love it so much I don't resent the waiting or the cost.)

In my case there was no notification, the post man just turned up at the door with it (luckily I was at home) and I paid him the charge marked on the package. As I said to him I wouldn't do this too often!
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Kali

Post by Kali »

Thank you both for your replies. At least I know I am not on my own. Hopefully your pack will come soon Wendy. I,m going off this morning to collect my package! I am looking forward to hearing CD. Just to let you know I bought "MOJO' yesterday with a free CD of leonard songs and a fantastic read about leonard and his life to date. It probably has been mentioned already but just in case it hasn't its out now. Bought it at Heathrow airport this weekend.
Bhasi

Post by Bhasi »

Got my LP+CD this morning in London (UK), posted in Nashville on 26 January, apparently, and sent via Slough by the USPS and TNT. Fortunately, I've been listening to the iTunes version for a week or so. Will know not to bother with the pre-order malarky next time!

Let's hope any others still waiting get theirs soon.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “OLD IDEAS”