Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
BlizzardofIce

Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Post by BlizzardofIce »

Those of you who pre-ordered the cd to get the mp3 of show me the place, have you reveived your copy yet?
Still haven't got mine...

I can listen to the album for free at spotify, but not get the cd i bought a long time ago.... :oops:
There are many ways a man can serve his time
holydove

Re: Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Post by holydove »

Hi Blizzard of Ice,

I have not gotten my copy of the CD yet either, which, like you, I ordered in Nov. to get the download of SMTP. So, this morning, I also paid for the download from the same website, which I put onto a CD, as well as my iPod. I also emailed the website to ask what's going on, because they didn't even provide a way to track the shipment. They wrote back with an apology, & gave me a way to track it - they sent it on Jan. 26, through USPS (which does not have a very exact tracking system), & it will take 7 -10 business days to arrive, which means I probably won't have it until around Feb. 6, at the earliest. I'm pretty disappointed with SONY for this, I can't imagine that there was no way for them to send it sooner. I'm glad I was at least able to download it inexpensively, because I really need to have access to it at all times, as I have become addicted to it through listening to the stream from the computer for the past 9 days!
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

I have not received my SONY pre-order either.
Tracking reply from SONY/Amazon via UPS indicates delivery on Feb 2.
This is outrageous.
SONY charged us a much higher price than purchasing it elsewhere (lithograph, notwithstanding) and they did not reduce the price as a courtesy to loyal fans as time went on.

I consider this a double outrage.

---Arlene
Last edited by bridger15 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

I pre-ordered the mp3 version of the album from SONY, and that was available in mid-evening on Monday (possibly sooner, I didn't check earlier), so I was pleased (and surprised) to get it early. Unfortunately for those who ordered the CD, SONY was obviously not so prompt.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

And methinks SONY engaged in a bit of false marketing,
They offered as an enticement a free mp3 download of Show Me... if you pre-ordered on their official website.
However, three days before they made the offer, they uploaded a free version of Show Me.. to Soundcloud for the whole world to access for free and with an easy free download link.

You betcha I am angry with SONY.

---Arlene-with-no-overpriced- CD-in-Los-Angeles
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Pre - ordered digital download as an insurance policy, in case I could not get the CD locally, and to get SMTP. But Playdirect/Sony or whoever are having technical problems and STILL can't provide download on Feb. 1st. or for "A day or two" !

Am I glad I was able to buy the CD in my local Golden Discs in Ireland last Friday and have been enjoying it since, so I don't care what they do or how long it takes them.

I will know better the next time, if there is a next time - ignore pre-orders and buy it locally - if there still is a local record store by then, which, with all the piracy, free streaming etc., there probably won't be.... :(
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Arlene,

I totally agree with you. I would not have ordered the mp3 from them if I'd known Show Me The Place would be widely available--I was planning to buy the CD in a local store yesterday (which I did), and so I really did not need the mp3. So, I bought the album twice, to get a single that was free anyway. Nice little profit-maker for SONY.

Lisa
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

TipperaryAnn wrote:Pre - ordered digital download as an insurance policy, in case I could not get the CD locally. But Playdirect/Sony or whoever are having technical problems and STILL can't provide download on Feb. 1st.
Really? As I said above, I downloaded mine on Monday night. I wonder what happened?
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Don't know, Lisa - maybe you were just lucky to get in before their "problem with the web page" developed!
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Indeed.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

I received my pre-order today. I had ordered the vinyl and also cd with lithograph. Lithograph is printed on very nice paper and I am happy with it. I think I would have preferred the 'muse' litho. though.

I also ordered the mp3 download and had to email them to have the problem corrected. I don't think they should have charged for that seeing they gave the full album away to the public for free. Oh! well, live and learn for the future.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

I preordered as soon as we could. No tracking information was available and without another ounce of patience, I went to B&N this morning to get it. Naturally, it arrived in the mail two hours after I bought it at the store. Lesson learned, if preordering doesn't guarantee I'll have it on or before the official release date, then there's no point to it. I'll give the extra copy as a gift, but am disappointed in the preorder process. Badly done to keep us loyal fans waiting even longer than everyone else! :(
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

That's why I never do pre-orders, and particularly NEVER from official sites. And I as well expected that delivery will take at least seven days after the CD actually hits the stores so why bother...
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Mine was shipped on January 26th and it arrived today.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland

Return to “OLD IDEAS”