The Muse of Laboratory lithograph as giveaway with CD!

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
MaryB

Re: The Muse of Laboratory lithograph as giveaway with CD!

Post by MaryB »

ladydi wrote: I'm now off to check out the Magnolia Thunderpussy record store....love that name :lol: :lol:
ps: no luck at Magnolia,
Oh woe is me because I work my way from the bottom to the top on the forum, I have just now seen this thread.

I went on a mission to contact all the stores in my area that might have it with no luck. Then just for the heck of it, I called Magnolia Thunderpussy, talked to Charlotte, she had no idea about a litho. She talked to her manager and EUREKA - they found 6 lithos (Diana,maybe because I was so kindly insistant and begging also :roll: :lol: ). All the albums sold out right away, a few CDs left, so I will be purchasing another CD just to get my grubby hands on this litho.

I asked Charlotte if they would be willing to send a litho with a purchase to other forum members in the US and the answer was YES! If this does not work for you, let me know if I can help.

I am off now to Magnolia Thunderpussy :D

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Mary to the rescue! It seems that unless one lives in Columbus, Magnolia Thunderpussy is just an online store...and I don't trust online ordering to send the litho. Could you possibly get a phone number for either the store, or very helpful Charlotte? I'll gladly order a couple more cd's and perhaps they could give me double lithos....er, just because. It's worth the try and then we might be able to help out our friends in Europe. lol...I'm willing to grovel a little at this point.

Hope your trip was successful, Mary!

Diana xoxo

ps: "from the bottom to the top" of the Forum? You start in 'politics'? :D
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

I'm sorry, but I won't have any more lithos. Cilla is the last person I'll have one for.

So, the people still waiting are:
Trish
Paula (aloevera)
David (davido)
Foxwood
Mona

I'm assuming many of you are working on this via pm, but please make sure to post updates if you are no longer in need of one, so we don't keep trying to get more! Thanks!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Kelsey,

I'll see what MaryB says after her foray to "Magnolia" this afternoon, and if she has a phone number I'll call them first thing tomorrow and see what we can do for our "final five". So....hang on guys and we'll do our best! I'll either pm you, or in the case of Trish and Paula, I'll send you a FB message to let you know if I'm able to secure some more lithos!

Diana
trish

Post by trish »

Guys.. Marsha, Diana, Kelsey, Leslie.. you are all so kind!!! I THINK (hope) that myself and Paula are sorted now. I won't know till tomorrow morning, because there is a friend of mine hoping to collect one for me on the West Coast tonight, and I think Paula might be ok too. So I will definitely confirm tomorrow when I know. Thanks so much for thinking of us, we really appreciate it. You all rock!! Really, it's lovely of you all. You know when/if this world ever gets me down, I'm going to think of all you wonderful people and it won't be long before I'm whistling a happy tune again!

The thing is, I think the litho is really beautiful. I'm not into collecting posters per se.. but this is just so gorgeous I have to have it!

Thanks all.. seriously I can't say it enough, you are wonderful and I'm so delighted to have known & met you all except Kelsey. XXXXX
trish

Post by trish »

Hi Diana.. our posts crossed... Hey why didn't you say the 'fab five' instead of the 'final five'? LOL. Thanks so much for trying.. You know I think even if you guys end up getting one or two over, they will be snapped up for sure, so you won't be left with any on your hands.. And if you do, then I for sure will take an additional one from you so you are not stuck with the expense of having an extra one with no-one to give it to (which I don't think will be the case).

I may even get an extra one or two from my source so if I do, I'll be happy to give them to anyone who is in DESPERATE NEED (as I am!) of one.

By the way I have to agree... Magnolia Thunderpussy... a hilarious name!
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

My pleasure, Trish, and I know everyone else has not minded helping. You all have helped us in the past too. Comes with being a Cohenite...and being friends.

So my "fab five" might be a "fab three". Good luck and I'll wait to hear from you. xo
trish

Post by trish »

Thanks Di! Fingers crossed! XOXO
SylviaB

Post by SylviaB »

well, I just wonder how to receive this Muse of Laboratory lithograph if it is out there somewhere available and/or a possible spare one .... it is a wonderful litho. And I wonder further, wether in different places different lithos have been given away. Today I received my package from Nashville with a wonderful (different) lithograph - very precious and beautiful with the new CD - could not be luckier today, litho is titeled "after an old photo". So the questions are: a) from which old photo it has been taken b) how many different lithos have been given away and c) most important for me: how could I get a spare litho of the muse of laboratory. thank you all
Sylvia
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

SylviaB wrote:well, I just wonder how to receive this Muse of Laboratory lithograph if it is out there somewhere available and/or a possible spare one .... it is a wonderful litho. And I wonder further, wether in different places different lithos have been given away. Today I received my package from Nashville with a wonderful (different) lithograph - very precious and beautiful with the new CD - could not be luckier today, litho is titeled "after an old photo". So the questions are: a) from which old photo it has been taken b) how many different lithos have been given away and c) most important for me: how could I get a spare litho of the muse of laboratory. thank you all
A different litho? Can you upload a photo of it please!

I'd also like to add my sincere thanks to all our American friends who have worked hard to locate the Muse of the Laboratory for us desperate Europeans. It is very much appreciated! :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Davido

Post by Davido »

KaimiK wrote:I'm sorry, but I won't have any more lithos. Cilla is the last person I'll have one for.

Trish
Paula (aloevera)
David (davido)
Foxwood
Mona

I'm assuming many of you are working on this via pm, but please make sure to post updates if you are no longer in need of one, so we don't keep trying to get more! Thanks!

Kelsey
A very kind forum friend is sending me a litho/cd, thanks, so I can now be removed from the list.
- Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

ladydi wrote:I'll see what MaryB says after her foray to "Magnolia" this afternoon, and if she has a phone number I'll call them first thing tomorrow and see what we can do for our "final five".Diana
Hi Diana,

By the time I got there, Charlotte was gone, (only two young guys who barely knew who LC was) so I was unable to beg her for anything more. She had told me in our conversation that the people who were buying the product were not asking for the litho. That must be why she was initially unaware of it. The six remaining ones should still be there in the care of the manager. Charlotte had told me the manager was going to hold onto them.

This is not simply an online store, but a brick & mortar retail establishment that has been in Columbus for 40+ years, so I think it is pretty safe to deal with them, but I would try to speak to Charlotte (works til 5PM) or probably better, the manager directly (sorry, I don't know the name). Their phone number is (614)421-1512.

Good luck, I hope the groveling works very well to your advantage. Let me know if I can be of further help!

xoxoxo,
Mary

(P.S. NEVER politics :shock: and then pick and choose as I work my way up to the main topics.)
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Davido wrote:
KaimiK wrote:I'm sorry, but I won't have any more lithos. Cilla is the last person I'll have one for.

Trish
Paula (aloevera)
David (davido)
Foxwood
Mona

Kelsey
A very kind forum friend is sending me a litho/cd, thanks, so I can now be removed from the list.
- Dave
I don't always copy what Dave posts but - a very kind forum friend is sending also me a litho, thanks, so I can now be removed from the list too!
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
trish

Post by trish »

Hello ladies, at least I think it's all ladies doing this tracking and tracing of lithos all over the USA.. it kind of reminds me of the war years with all the women feverishly working keeping the country going back home and sending comforts to the troops in Europe :) Well I got my litho, so now my only worry is whether it will get delivered intact. Many thanks to you all again for your kindness, I really do appreciate it. Can't wait to get the litho and get it framed! Paula is ok now too. So does that mean there is only one person waiting on a litho now? Thanks again folks, I can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulnes. XXXXX
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Thanks Dave and Foxwood,

Appreciate letting us know. Seems the lithos are becoming a little more available in different areas of the world. However, I will still try to get a couple extra. For those who have sent messages recently, it may not be possible. Many stores are running out of them but I'll get back with you as soon as I can.

Diana

Return to “OLD IDEAS”