A lyric video for "Show Me The Place"

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
jarkko
Site Admin

A lyric video for "Show Me The Place"

Post by jarkko »

A brand new lyric video for "Show Me The Place" has now been posted on
Sony's Leonard Cohen YouTube page at http://youtu.be/WCtoVoE5Mm4
Aaron Hymes was the director / animator of the video.

The song is available in audio at Leonard's Soundcloud pages: http://soundcloud.com/leonardcohen/show-me
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
BlizzardofIce

Re: A lyric video for "Show Me The Place"

Post by BlizzardofIce »

Beautiful...
There are many ways a man can serve his time
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Love it!
Thank you Jarkko
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

This is what I wrote there:

Imbued with Leonard's signature gravitas, this song needs nothing added, and the simplicity of your presentation with images barely visible until the end, and the lyrics written in time with his voice, in their imperfect inking, is perfect for this song. Beautifully wrought.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

Love the video.
and the Johnny Walker wisdom running high
Susy

Post by Susy »

Thank You Jarkko , it's so beautiful !!!
Susy
holydove

Post by holydove »

That is really lovely - thank you!
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Tyler Munro commented at http://www.aux.tv:
Lyric videos are becoming increasingly popular–as evidence by the fact that this is the second one we’ve mentioned this morning and the third in two days–and that’s well and good, but when crafting a clip to highlight a song’s lyrics, it’s probably worth a proof-read or two. Especially when it’s a video for the new Leonard Cohen song, “Show Me the Place.”

Not that we don’t all make mistakes, but Cohen’s words are kind of a big deal. They’re the attraction. So the fact that nobody seemed to catch on that “forgotten” was misspelled pretty early on (25 seconds) in the video strikes us as a little odd. Or careless. Or maybe intentional.

Either way, Leonard Cohen’s Old Ideas is out January 31st, 2012.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Interesting... and I normally would have noticed a typo or misspell. Well... hmmm.
~ Oscar Wilde
B4real

Post by B4real »

lizzytysh wrote:Interesting... and I normally would have noticed a typo or misspell. Well... hmmm.
ha ha! Lizzy, that's because you were concentrating on THAT VOICE!
All else pales into insignificance - as is proved by no one else noticing it either - and that includes me :razz:
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
remote1

Post by remote1 »

I did... :) but couldn't care less... It was a great video all the same!
"We are so lightly here"
Stamatina

Post by Stamatina »

remote1 wrote:I did... :) but couldn't care less... It was a great video all the same!
I noticed the typo, too, but it didn't bother me, because sometimes, when I write, my "e"s come out as "o"s, too.. :razz: :razz:

loved the video!! :D
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You're right, Bev... it was Leonard's voice and the meaning of the song that rose above it all for me, and I simply did not notice. If I had, it would not have mattered, as it still does not. Those primary factors and the video with its veiled barely visible visions of some of Leonard's drawings and its simple presentation of his lyrics were all-satisfying.
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Lyric videos are new to me. This is a different and lovely form of video. I found myself pausing it over and over again to better absorb the words and meaning. The only thing that could have improved this was to have the words displayed in his own penmanship. Thank you for posting this Jarkko.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

MaryB wrote:Lyric videos are new to me. This is a different and lovely form of video. I found myself pausing it over and over again to better absorb the words and meaning. The only thing that could have improved this was to have the words displayed in his own penmanship. Thank you for posting this Jarkko.
i'm no graphologist, but i thought it WAS leonard's handwriting - but then again i can be pretty naive. but like you, i too am new to these so-called 'lyric videos'. leonard has always sung with clear diction, but having visual access to the words does encourage one's brain to absorb with greater appreciation the mesage being offered. i really like this song - it's so good!
-g

Return to “OLD IDEAS”