SHOW ME THE PLACE (free streaming of new song)

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
Cheshire gal

Re: SHOW ME THE PLACE

Post by Cheshire gal »

I love this new song also. It grows on you the more you listen to it, and It really whets your appetite to hear the rest of the album. Very happy to hear that there is more violin to come as well.

Thank you Leonard, you have done it again. :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

So who will find the chords to this great tune?
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

http://www.LeonardCohen.com is now http://www.LeonardCohen.com/us/OldIdeas and it plays the song for free directly when you go there as free streaming... So nobody needs to buy the album in advance as we thought the whole morning.

Tom
phillip

Re: SHOW ME THE PLACE (free streaming of new song)

Post by phillip »

simply put perfect can't wait for the album love this song and the album will be amazing too
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Beautiful song! Can't wait till Jan 31!

-Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

it is an amazingly beautiful song, just love it, butit really puzzles me that such a sad song can make me so happy?
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
phillip

Post by phillip »

Thats just Leonard he always makes you feel happy :D
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

maybe it's the voice, it's got to be the voice...
and the prospect of 9 other wonderful ones to come... Jarkko, do you think another or two might be available for download before the release of the album?
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
Caren

Post by Caren »

This is beautiful.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
JudasPriest

SHOW ME THE PLACE (free streaming of new song)

Post by JudasPriest »

Still slightly bothered by the distortion at the end. The music seems to dip suddenly when Len is in between the final words. It sounds wrong and jars a little. It almost breaks the spell and I hope they clear it up on the final release.
crystal

Post by crystal »

Suddenly the day became wonderful!
This is so beautiful.
Christel
jerry

Post by jerry »

JudasPriest wrote:Still slightly bothered by the distortion at the end. The music seems to dip suddenly when Len is in between the final words. It sounds wrong and jars a little. It almost breaks the spell and I hope they clear it up on the final release.
I agree. I hope this is because it's an MP3. I hear plenty of distortion on LCs vocals in spots.
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
yopietro

Post by yopietro »

I am so moved by this song. Such a tenderness and a vulnerability to the performance. What a beautiful prayer. It resonates deep to my soul. Looking forward to the full album. Thank you Leonard. Thank you for continuing to bless us with your gifts.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I decided to listen to this once before I buy the album. It's a beautiful song, with Leonard more intoning than singing, and I know I'll grow to love it. I'm pleased that Jennifer Warnes is involved in the album, along with TWS and Sharon. It was always my belief that Leonard would make twelve studio albums.
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

B4real wrote:I have just heard this song for the first time and it's wonderful to hear not only Leonard's voice combined with Jennifer's but once again with the violin (I just knew - well hoped - there would be one on this new album - where are you BV!!) v

I'm here Bev! Wow, just listened to the song. I've seen everyone talking about it today and was thinking, mmh, hope I'm not disappointed... :lol: It's really beautiful, so simple! Yay for a return of the violin (indeed more of that kind of thing please:-) I have to admit though I did think it was a cello :oops: it's low in the register and has a lovely warm sound :D
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."

Return to “OLD IDEAS”