Portland Concertgoers

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
bridger15

Re: Portland Concertgoers

Post by bridger15 »

FanForLife wrote: Just lean a little to your left, you'll be fine !!
Oh that was just my attempt at being witty, about not making your numbers cut. I am quite thrilled with my front row seat, as long as the cameraman does not block my view.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
FanForLife

Post by FanForLife »

I got Row 4 Seat 21 - mid row, just what i wanted !

Travelling alone for this leg of the tour - any hotel suggestions ?
2008 - dublin (kilmainham - the best, ever)
2009 - dublin (The Point) and tampa and NY(MSG) and san jose
2010 - sligo (second best) and oakland and portland and las vegas
2011 - lenny and me were resting, so we were
2012 - dublin (kilmainham again) and austin
2013 - dublin (The Point, 2 times)
2014 & 2015-enjoying the memories and saving the pennies; just in case; just in case..............
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Hello fellow Cohenites.

I am in the process of possibly booking tix and a trip for the Portland Show.

My first question, is what hotel are most people staying at? I'd like to book where most people will be (and it would be nice if they have a bar there to).

I'm looking at flying in at about 12:43 p.m. the day of show on Alaska Airlines. Havent booked anything yet, as I'm still trying to get tix (should know later today or tomorrow).

2nd question, is it too early to be talkinga bout a fan meet up before/after the show? I'm always up for these.
Last edited by POZEST on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizfromcambridgema

Post by lizfromcambridgema »

Pozest,

First off, I used to live in Sitka, Alaska so I was excited when I saw you were flying it from Alaska.

Second -- I have never been to Portland but I am staying at the Red Lion Hotel Portland - Convention Center. I've been told by a few people that is is pretty decent, plus it was affordable and close to the arena. I was able to secure an excellent price on Hotwire for it (I booked my flight along with it-- that might be why). It has a restaurant and a lounge.

I am new to posting on this forum but I have been silently lurking for at least a year. This will be my first Leonard Cohen show and I am very excited.

Cheers,
Liz
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Hi Liz,

I need to edit my post. I meant to say I was flying in on Alaska Airlines, arriving the day of show, at 12:43 p.m.

I live in Southern California. Never been to Alaska :)
zenon5

Post by zenon5 »

Leonard coming to Portland! What a thrill. We live nearby and saw the show 5 times last year. Taking the bride, two of our kids, and a dear friend. 5 seats, third row center. No plane rides, no overnight drives... Portland is a wonderful town for those traveling through, with great transit between downtown and the theater site. Glad to help with suggestions if anyone would like, although we aren't taking time off work. Sorry because it would be great to be able to spend time with other Cohen heads.
Zenon5
TheGhost

Post by TheGhost »

How much for a cab between downtown and the arena?
sleep

Post by sleep »

How much for a cab between downtown and the arena?
Probably less than ten dollars, but see my previous post about the MAX train. It's cheap and easy and close to the downtown hotels, etc. Also, the same train can be taken from the Portland airport all the way downtown, or you can get off in the Rose Quarter area if staying there. You can catch it right outside of baggage claims and you don't have to make any train changes. Gets you downtown in thirty minutes.
mutti

Post by mutti »

I heard that the light rail is free within the downtown limits
and at some of the hotels you can get on within a few minutes walk and get off right at the concert area.
Its a very eco friendly city.
Where are you coming from Mr. Ghost?
Mutti ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
POZEST

All Set

Post by POZEST »

Hello again Cohenites,

I am all set. COncert tix secured. Airfare booked. (Arriving 12:43 p.m. on day of show via Alaska Airlines). Staying at the Crowne Plaza hotel (booked since they offered a shuttle ride from airport to hotel and back and apparently from hotel to within a 3 mile radius as well).

As soon as anyone starts to throw out ideas for a get together before/after the show, count me in.

Excited as usual to see Cohen and my fellow Cohenites.
annieemiller23

Post by annieemiller23 »

I am coming!!!! trying to by tickets but all i can find are row 3 seat 1-2 which is far left gonna try and get better since i am nuying to plan tickets and have to pay for caree off my children . all worth it!!!!!! so excited
sleep

Post by sleep »

And in response to Mutti's comment, yes the MAX train is free downtown and back and forth between downtown and the Rose Quarter. In fact, all buses and trains downtown are free, you just get on and say "fareless" to the driver. It's known as "Fareless Square", but it covers virtually all of downtown, and it's very convenient if you want to get out and see some other things while you're visiting.
Willietattoos

Post by Willietattoos »

I'm SO EXCITED! Arlene, I think we met you in Nashville?
My bff, Alice, and I are planning our trip to Portland, right now. This will be my second Leonard show and I can't wait!
We enjoyed the meet-up before the show in Nashville, and hope to see y'all in Portland!
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Willietattoos wrote:I'm SO EXCITED! Arlene, I think we met you in Nashville?
My bff, Alice, and I are planning our trip to Portland, right now. This will be my second Leonard show and I can't wait!
We enjoyed the meet-up before the show in Nashville, and hope to see y'all in Portland!
Hi Willie...
Yep, Portland is shaping up as a blast! Lots of forum folk are going. Looks like there may be a meet-up before and/or after the concert. We can also circulate in front of the first row before the concert.

Are you in my Nashville Fan slideshow Video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf9_sRIY ... xYk3s5RBVQ

If you are, please let me know the minute mark. I didn't get everybody's names there. But, I am trying harder. :D
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
goaskaliceok

Post by goaskaliceok »

I'm Willietattoos' bff Alice; and yes, we did meet Arlene in Nashville, along with several other lovely people.
This will be my 3rd concert, and my heart is racing in anticipation. :!:

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”