Anjani and Leonard in Europe, USA and Canada

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yeah, Osmachar... you didn't read the fine print on the back of the ticket?? It begins with "Rights and Responsibilities of ticketholder . . . "?

~ Lizzy
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

Well, where should I start....here's the short version:

First of all, the musicans came on and took their seats on stage. Then Mr Leonard Cohen himself came on and did a short but sweet introduction saying that Anjani's talent would speak for itself.

Then Anjani came out on stage and she started with Blue Alert. Then she did a few other songs from the album, including two duets with Mr Cohen, one of which has not been recorded (she said 'yet', so there's hope :wink: ). All in all, she was on for about 45 mins.

Afterwards, they came back to mingle with the crowd for a while. I did manage to get close, but only for about 30 seconds with each of them to get an autograph and to say I enjoyed the concert. Both were very natural and genuinely friendly, and also very patient with the crowds who were asking for their time.

About 6 months ago I bought Anjani's album on the internet and really liked the songs, and I have always liked her voice. I liked the songs even better live. It'd be fantastic to see & hear her again.

Check the link to You Tube from an earlier posting - a guy who was there videoed a couple of minutes (haven't watched it yet, as I am at work...)

So to those who are going to the other promo concerts - ENJOY!
Last edited by osmachar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Ah, that's better, Osmachar :D . Every word is appreciated :D .

Thank you 8) .

~ Lizzy
confetti

Post by confetti »

Glad you enjoyed it Osmachar :D :D :D :D
JZ

Post by JZ »

Hey-Hi Baldwyn,
Sent you a PM.
I'm local SF ... & got my tixs too.
Maybe we can say hello at Cafe du Nord.
JZ
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

I just wanted to post again that I have two tickets for the NYC show on April 29. I want to give true fans a chance before I post them on eBay or something.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, I hope someone here takes you up on that, Minerva! It's great that you bought them. You'll definitely be able to find a proper home for them somewhere... even if at the door. I would think much sooner than that, though.

~ Lizzy
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

Lizzy
Leonard and Anjani has just been on NRK-Tv.The interview was just lovely and filled with warmth.Anjani sang "Thanks for the dance"live
in the studio,there was no playback.I have recorded all.
If NRK layes out the program on the nett i will try and find a link if no one else does it.

Vow,NRK are fast.Here is the link.Leonard and Anjani are in the last 10-15min of the program.This is a unedited version:
Timecode for Leonard and Anjani interview is 45:23
http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/indeks/92040#
Last edited by Philwilli on Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

YaY, NRK!!!

YaY, Philwilli!!!

Thank you for the link, to which I will listen when I get home 8) .

It seems that NRK has it goin' on 8) !

Thank you so much, Philwilli!

~ Lizzy :D
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

At least me and you Lizzy will enjoy it.I suppose nobody else are interested.You will love it Lizzy!
Look also at the interview with AL Gore,what he says should be a wakeup call for all of us on this planet.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

OHhhh... don't be deceived by any lack of response to it here, Phi. :wink: ~ I can assure, nay guarantee, you that there will be many here who will enjoy it :D ... unless, of course, this is your subtle humour ~ "I suppose nobody else are interested." :)

Have you seen Al Gore's film, yet... An Inconvenient Truth? I haven't yet, but will... I'll be very interested to hear what he says in this interview. Yes... it's that wake-up call that comes on the final snooze option of your alarm clock.

~ Lizzy
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

Well some say my humor is a bit weird,but you know the family business.
Look at the whole program when you get home then you will hear what AL Gore has to say.I think if this man had become president those years ago there would have been quite som people still alive.....
And no, i havn't seen Al's film yet but will get round to.
Last edited by Philwilli on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I think if this man had become president those years ago there would have been quite som people still alive.....
Boy oh boy oh boy... Phil. You said it. He is one man who has run for President [actually... won the Presidency, but disallowed from taking office] who I believe would have made a difference in the United States we see today and the world scene that we see today and the environment that we see today. Poor guy, though... didn't come across as having a good enough sense of humour :roll: ~ the new prerequisite, you know :roll: . I guess he didn't know how to laugh when the tallies in Florida were made by Kathryn the Thinks-She's-Great, the then-local, Republican pawn. Well... guess I'll just stop there, Phil. I know it's thought to be unseemly to criticize one's own country... or to give an edge toward the bitterness of discontent. People seem to be listening to him now, though the corporations are still arranging to trade their pollution credits. It will very soon be too little, too late.

~ Lizzy
simonmoorehead

norge tv

Post by simonmoorehead »

Philwilli wrote:Lizzy
Leonard and Anjani has just been on NRK-Tv.The interview was just lovely and filled with warmth.Anjani sang "Thanks for the dance"live
in the studio,there was no playback..Here is the link.Leonard and Anjani are in the last 10-15min of the program.This is a unedited version:
Timecode for Leonard and Anjani interview is 45:23
http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/242244
just seen this link it is superb thanks ever so much - cut off just before anjani sang (happened to me too) but interesting chat with gore and leonard - pity leonard wasn't on something here
thanks again
simon
i would like to buy any artwork by lc
simonmoorehead@yahoo.com

Snow is Falling , there's a nude in my room!
Philwilli

Post by Philwilli »

Works fine on my pc,i could see Anjani singing.As i wrote this is a unedited version and if you let the video run after the screen has gone black the picture from the studio will come back without sound and you can see whats going on.

Return to “Comments & Questions”