Users who never or rarely post

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Kush

Post by Kush »

Songster....lot of my books collect dust for various reasons...i am a slow reader, i am too impatient to get to the meat and also I have too many competing side interests. :). So I rarely read a book through all the way but dip into them often enough.
I don't know if you have already read it but if I can suggest...I'd recommend reading Carl Sagan's Cosmos first....mainly coz' he is a more accessible writer than the others and the book is far far more than the TV series. It was also the first of the books in this tradition that I read. It is in fact a history of man's inquiry from the ancient civilizations up until 1980 or so. But not at all chronologically.....rather led by Sagan's enthusiasm about whatever takes his fancy. But it flows beautifully and is extremely readable. I started and stopped 2-3 times before finally reading it all the way through and it pretty much changed my outlook from one of pointless vacillation to total clarity of exactly what I wanted to do (and who I wanted to be) in life. Happy reading !!!

Return to “Comments & Questions”