Fifteen 'Hallelujah' verses?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
gazatthebop

Re: Fifteen 'Hallelujah' verses?

Postby gazatthebop » Fri May 27, 2011 11:00 am

I'm here more as a Cale fan than Cohen. Cale has said there were 80 verses on at least one occassion. I have a line of communication to Cale's office but it would be futile to ask him for the lyrics. Cale and Cohen are friends and Cale is the last person on earth to betray (anyone, especially) someone like LC.
zaidagal

Postby zaidagal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:36 am

Hello, person who posted as a fan of Cales! If you have a line of communication to Cale, Im wondering about you asking about the verses....not asking to betray Cohen or anything (pofcourse not!) but saying there are loads of fans desperate for these verses, and would he consider releasing them? Maybe Cole can ask Cohen , lol! What do you think?
Bristvol

Postby Bristvol » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:17 pm

I am obsessively searching for an mp3 version of Hallelujah with 7 versus. I've found a couple of beautiful YouTube versions, but nothing on iTunes. If you have a suggestion, please pass along. Thank you.
SmilingJack

Postby SmilingJack » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:11 am

Quoted from leonardcohenfiles.com: "Leonard Cohen lives in Los Angeles and Montreal. All correspondence should be addressed to his manager, Mr. Robert Kory, at rkory@rkmgment.com. " I'm guessing that the best way to find the 15 verses, or hell, maybe all of those ones he wrote in those two notebooks, would be through emailing Mr. Kory.
jmolleru

Postby jmolleru » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:11 am

Bristvol wrote:I am obsessively searching for an mp3 version of Hallelujah with 7 versus. I've found a couple of beautiful YouTube versions, but nothing on iTunes. If you have a suggestion, please pass along. Thank you.
You can go to "keepvid.com" and use that site to put in the youtube link. Then one of the options to download will be an mp3 only of the video. Hope that helps.
BlepoDerio

Postby BlepoDerio » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 am

It's been over a decade since the original post, if anyone has made any headway, please speak up. If no one has, this looks to be a lost cause. I wanted 80 verses :(

Return to “Comments & Questions”