Is Leonard Cohen less than 5 feet tall?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
rocksoff

Post by rocksoff »

Lizzytysh.

Your psychobbling is absolutely unfounded. I happrn to be 5 foot 11. So there. I think you should read some behavioural theories instead.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Doesn't matter either way, R. You're sticking pretty close to the ground regardless.
ania

Post by ania »

Irene Teresa wrote:I met him and he seemed tall to me - but then anyone would ........ :lol:

he's definitely under 5'10.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Ania.....many wonderful men are :)
~Lizzytysh
smile

Post by smile »

Perhaps I`m being too serious but I can`t believe people who are suppose to be fans are bickering over LC`s height, after all is it that that we read and listen to --NO.. then look further to the person and heart...
Aisling

Post by Aisling »

::blink:: Why does this matter? There's a lot of short people with deep voices, and good voices, and shite voices, just like tall people. Sorry, I'm small, and thus defensive.
I don't know that LC is that short, at least not in any films/pictures I've seen. Unless they hired a group of migets to appear in Ladies and Gentlemen, he seems to be average height, but I can't really say I thought to pay attention.
Linda

Post by Linda »

In the book "Various Positions" there is a picture of his passport from 1959, height 5 ft. 8 in. color of eyes Hazel. Under the picture it says: Cohen's first passport, issued on October 29, 1959, initiating decades of international travel. The book has some great pictures. Cute one of him and his dog when he was ten months.
Linda
Chuckles the clown

Post by Chuckles the clown »

Women lie about their weight, men lie about their height. :cry:

I, myself, am 6'2".
Linda

Post by Linda »

yes, but with the right outfit we can get by with it. :D
Linda
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Linda,

With the right shoes, so can they.. :D However, I believe Leonard and Leonard's passport. :)

~Lizzytysh

is leonard cohen less than 5 fee tall?

Post by Guest »

i am new to this forum and just tried posting something wich doesn't seem to have appeared on the board. so here i go again, please excuse me if this appears twice.... the best things come in small packages, not that it matters a damn how tall leonard is, or whether he has a face like the back of a bus..... his mind is certainly not vertically, horizontally or any other knd of challenged in my view, and that is the tool he uses to get himself heard and understood - philo :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, Philo, your response absolutely represents mine. I just couldn't resist the female/male, clothes/height discussion :D ~ and then..... returning to Leonard.....recalled his passport photo and backed up Linda's comment. Height? Hmmm.....an interesting consideration of irrelevance...for all the reasons you and some others have already stated.
~Lizzytysh
mamalex

lc short?

Post by mamalex »

clearly, the only reason people would be concerned with leonard's height is because it will alter their sexual fantasies about him. of course with that voice, looks become virtually irrelevant. still, i like picturing him 5'8"".
NR

Post by NR »

In my fantasies he's usually at least 8 foot.
10p
lunamoth

Things the biographers havent told you

Post by lunamoth »

Leonard is exactly 5'8" tall in his Chinese slippers.

Other things you didn't know about him:

Like many celebrities, Leonard subscribes to a radically Elitist worldview, and supports the New World Order. Outwardly, he appears to get along with everybody, but secretly he holds extremely conservative, if not borderline fascist, political views. He was a fan of Ronald Reagan. He believes in Armageddon, as a way of cleansing the world and avenging the Holocaust. He supports every military initiative of the US government. I have never known him to stand up for human rights in any situation -- he does not believe in them. Despite his statements to the contrary (that he fought for Castro), I suspect him of supporting the American invasion in the Bay of Pigs, because the only published photo of that adventure shows him arm in arm with two CIA men. This would fit right in with everything I know of him. He holds very strong racial views, mistrusts the French and Germans, not to mention of course the Arabs. He has always been an Anglophile. He was a member of Scientology and has never publicly renounced that organization. His songs are masterpieces of ambiguity, but in some you can hear clear expressions of his core beliefs which have never been even vaguely humanitarian. Songs like The Master Song, Avalanche, The Future come to mind as containing references to his deeply-held attitudes which are anything but liberal /egalitarian. Some of his more sophisticated fans might think he is simply parodying the Elitist worldview, and is therefore part of the progressive opposition. Many cannot connect this friendly, spiritual, self-effacing man with the megalomanical persona in his music and poetry. However, this is a carefully-maintained pretence by a man who has a brilliant capacity to mimic other people‘s expectations of him. If you have seen the Woody Allen film ZELIG, you know the type of character I mean. Anyone who gets to know Leonard knows that he is a superficially charming, but deeply secretive and manipulative man whose favourite game is playing chess with human beings. More than any other quality, Leonard values “loyalty” in his friends and followers -- in fact, like Hitler, he is obsessed with it. I don’t believe he is any worse than most of the artists who work in Hollywood, but despite his carefully-cultivated image as a man of conscience, he is no more of an independent thinker than any of them. He is just another cog in the machine called Entertainment. Welcome to the Future and yes, it is murd :twisted: er if you want it to be.

Return to “Comments & Questions”