Now time to face the sisters of mercy,

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Tchocolatl

Now time to face the sisters of mercy,

Post by Tchocolatl »

after the girl that was wearing green stockings.

"The identity of the two women has never been discovered. Cohen has shared different stories about them -- that they were backpacking across Canada, that they were introducing the mini skirt to Canada, and in different versions of his story he claimed to have met them in the hotel lobby or outside on the street."

"The photos will be made public in 2006 with the release of a new book about Cohen. Then at last the women, or their families, may step forward to tell more of the story." :D

Source : (but - warning! - it is more like a Story of Solez, not that it is not as interesting)

http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/expressn ... fm?id=6168
Paula

Post by Paula »

"In fact, other such events do take place. Prior to staging his first event, Solez attended a Cohen event in Greece (Cohen is of Greek ancestry)"

Thats not true is it.

Nice Link Thoco
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

I giggled at this point of the text, 'cause I also think it is an error. I really don't think that just because it was reported that he bought his house in Hydra with money he did inherit from his grand-mother do make him having Greek ancestors. :lol: :lol:

Or the grand-mother of Darwin may be right in saying that he may come from the monkeys, but not her. 8)

Hum.... :roll: Now. :) Does he have Greek ancestors or not?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Tchoc - he doesn't have Greek ancestry. He bought the place in Hydra because a guy in the Bank of Greece in London told him the weather was good in Greece. Probably an over entusiastic reporter :lol:
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

I'd like to see a picture of the girls.

Solez was the first person I met when I came here.

Linda.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Lorraine and Barbara?

I didn't get information, what new book about Cohen? Kim's own book?
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Paula, I would have believe it also, naive, me! :lol: Moreover, with Dem not knowing that the "white stuff" on the ground in April (? - anyway, if not, circa) in front of the Canadian parliament was snow (in a thread opened by YG last year).

Linda, according to this article, I have the feeling they were seen at the last event. At New-York, then. Maybe somebody who was there could tell us more. :)

So they are acquaintances of yours, Tom? : I must have known that you would know them. :D

For the book it is not clear to me also. This paper lacks of accuracy here and there. :?

Only we know that a new book about Leonard Cohen is coming in 2006. :D
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Hi Tchoco,

I didn't get the feeling that they were seen at any of the events. I'll have to re-read the article. I think Leonard referred to them by name in his best of... (I think it was 75) - he told the story of how he wrote the song while they were sleeping and he called them by name (if I remember correctly).

Tom couldn't know them! I don't think!! Tom? They would be how old now? Well, older than Tom, anyway.

Linda.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

They could be my grandmothers, you mean :?
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Linda, I guess I should have put this emoticon : :wink: after my remark to Tom (Sakic - Ey!). It had to be taking as a metaphor. BTW, I dream of the day this poor Tom would be allowed to answer "first hand" to a post addressed to him without having you or somebody else distorted it before - in front on the world which is less bad - or in private (which is worst). :roll: I shall continue to dream. dreams came true, as we all could know these days. :D

As for the feeling, I get this feeling from this paragraph :

"This year's party featured a preview listening of Cohen's new album, Dear Heather, which was released Oct. 26. And it also boasted the first-ever public showing of a photograph of Cohen, in Edmonton, with the two young women immortalized in his poem, The Sister of Mercy."

He did not put an "s" to "Sister". We'll pretend that I stressed the mistake in red, I do not feel like to play with the font coulour tool, OK?

Tom one of the two sisters could have been your grand-mother, not both.

This time I wink twice : :wink: :wink: One for Barbara and one for Lorraine.

I wonder if he was doing it in purpose, having himself and the girls to the photograph and invited him to a party in the room, just to add to the legend of his persona - the one he departed with in Dear Heather, according to many? :D

Same thing for the drawing he has sent of his guitar and the note on it. I was taking it as a clue that he was preparing a surprise. To come back on a stage was not on my mind though. Wow! :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Same thing for the drawing he has sent of his guitar and the note on it. I was taking it as a clue that he was preparing a surprise.
If you said that at the time, we can call you semi-prophetic :wink: . Or partial-prophetic.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

To tell something and spoil the fun of the surprise? NooOOooooo...

But I would be happy even with a 1/3 prophetic, or even with a 7/8 prophetic. Tchocolatl, psychic. It is chic.

Do you know what? I never thought that a fan club was not the place to show up for an artist, in the contrary. I thought that he had enough to be on stage, and in public in general, and this is why he was avoiding this, and also the journalists for the release of DH.

Now I wonder... Oh! Yes I wonder if their is a chance...

Do you think?
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

P.S. : "you" means "you" that are reading the post, of course, whatever the second name is, Sakic, d.Stiller, Lakeside or Thyshdarlingm YourSmile. If you think that there is a chance... speak! :D
September_Cohen

Post by September_Cohen »

No...come on. I don't wanna see these girls.
We need something sacred. I want Cohen to do a drawing of them.
But their real faces must be kept secret.
Drawing is a pure alternative.
One for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
Go man go
I said tell me Mr. Siegal
How do I get out of here
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear T-chic ~

Just wanted to see how it sounded :wink: .

~ Thyshdarlingm [after someone's had a few]

Return to “Comments & Questions”