Now time to face the sisters of mercy,

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I did get your wink yesterday, Tchoco :D

Yes, September_Cohen, we have seen Nancy, will we survive Barbara and Lorraine?
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

OK Tom, here is another one :wink: for the road and just in case for the future. Just take it next time somebody will push the panic buton.

Nice post Sept. I like the idea. The sisters of mercy, I am not particularly eager to see them also, but I don't mind. I would like to hear their version of the story, though. What do you mean Tom, survive? It is like to open a body? Kim Solez is opening the song to see what is really lay inside? For me, I am happy just to see the buddies from the outside. 8)

Yep Lizzytysh! T-chic, looks too much like Chick to me or Tch... hic. Did you pay your wiskie... wyskhie, whatever? Mmm? It really begins to look like a pub here! wink-wink wink-wink (with pigs and pens allowed in the place) 8)
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

sorry I meant hens not pens. Cute lapsus! :D
September_Cohen

Post by September_Cohen »

What d'you mean Tom? I never saw Nancy...I only saw Suzanne and it almost killed me.

Hope sometimes Cohen had used guy names like "The Brothers of Mercy: Robert and Todor" Nobody would have intrigued by them.
One for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
Go man go
I said tell me Mr. Siegal
How do I get out of here
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

It was on the top of The Files. Blog by her nephew. The full story and the picture of her beside her statue, made by her friend Morton Rosengarten, Leonard's childhood friend. (Apparently he was much closer with Nancy.) There are also part of her letters (it reminded me on those by Daphne Richardson, who killed herslef also - Leonard included one of those on back covert of Live Songs.)

http://www.challies.com/archives/000918.php

Oh yes, Suzanne - that picture killed me. Suzanne-of-the-song (link). On the contrary, I liked Suzanne-the-mother-of-my-children, "The Gypsy Wife" (link).
ALT

Re: Now time to face the sisters of mercy,

Post by ALT »

I do not know Lorraine, but the Barbara of The Sisters of Mercy was (my aunt) Barbara Greene. Barbara also passed away in 2016

Return to “Comments & Questions”