New tour

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
citizen

New tour

Post by citizen »

When a new Leonard Cohen tour?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

No tours in the foreseeable future.
Jarkko
George.Wright

If no tour, then DVD

Post by George.Wright »

If Leonard is not to tour how about a DVD of concert footage to keep his fans visually happy. This has been an ongoing discussion with no movement on Sony to realease a DVD of a much respected internationally
admired artiste and musician.
Georges
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

It has been brought to my attention that Sony does not own any
rights to material that could be put on a DVD (except the video
clips) and it is unlikely they would be interested in buying some.
Jarkko :cry:
George.Wright

DVD of Leonard

Post by George.Wright »

Jarkko, Is it then possible for another company that own rights to say a Concert to bring out a DVD. Is it possible for Leonard to finance a DVD? Given the intrest in the man internationally this is a viable venture.
Georges
glyn

Post by glyn »

8) Going to see Greenday next week and I'm really excited about it as I love to see performers I really love in concert especially when they can give such a performance. Get my point Mr. Cohen?
glyn
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Glyn.....I'm not familiar with Greenday; however is/are he/she/they 67 and the extremely-focused type, whose plate is already full-to- overflowing with writing/compiling poetry, and writing/composing/arranging/singing/recording songs?

Were Leonard to perform/tour, I would make all efforts to be there; however, not everyone [myself ~ perhaps ~ included] would be able to attend. However, all in the listening world will be able to attend his book of poetry and his new album of songs, once he's had enough alone- time to complete them.

Who is/are Greenday? I hope you enjoy the concert. It sounds like you will, as you've already assessed them positively.

Lizzytysh
Linda

Post by Linda »

I will still keep my hopes up that seeing him in person is a possibility. Even with the sands of time falling from my fingers and my thumb I will be waiting.
Linda
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

So do I, Linda......in due time...Leonard's.

Lizzytysh
glyn

Post by glyn »

:D Of course I take your point. Bit surprised as you are American that you haven't heard of a great American Band. Their music is nothing resembling Cohen. They are a melodic punk band. (Check out Good Riddance which, for me, is a desert island record along with anything Cohen has written)But they love performing and it was the concert aspect that reminded me of Cohen in that I've always got the impression that he loves it also. Send me your address, if you want, and I'll educate you further with a choice of my best of Greenday.
glyn
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Glyn,

"Melodic punk" ~ sounds almost oxymoronic doesn't it, but then "Live recording" holds up and, besides, I've heard punk that's like that, and liked it. Haven't ever put down that hard-earned dollar for any, but I would be interested in who they are and what they sound like. So, Good Riddance is one of their albums? America is big and wide and relatively tall and we seem to have in one form or another, a bit of everything. In earlier years, my music listening was broader, so I covered more ground and had greater familiarity. Now, I focus on what I already like and NPR. So, if it doesn't come within those, or I don't come upon it serendipitously [still do manage to do that, like at times like these], then likely I haven't even heard of it/him/her/them.

Yes, I agree that when you see Leonard on a stage, he appears totally absorbed in what he's doing. There's a certain bliss in that. How he feels at this point about motivating himself to take the stage may be a different matter. Only one thing is certain. Once he's there, he's totally there, fully in the present and committed to sharing himself, as much as is humanly possible ~ with dignity and class ~ through his music and song. Viewing his concerts is mesmerizing.

I'll send you my address and see what I can learn. Thanks.

Lizzytysh
mamalex

leonard tour?

Post by mamalex »

dylan is even older and he tours. leonard wouldn't have to actually tour, if he played in his backyard we'd still come see him
babz

Tour

Post by babz »

I must admit, mamalex, I had the same thought after seeing Bobby last month. (I do believe LC is older, though) I was astounded at the tour schedule Dylan was maintaining. But the decision will come from Our Man. One can only hope!

Barbara
One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation, and compassion.
~Simone de Beauvoir
Psychofishy

Re: leonard tour?

Post by Psychofishy »

mamalex wrote:dylan is even older and he tours. leonard wouldn't have to actually tour, if he played in his backyard we'd still come see him
heh...
i'd love to see a leonard cohen performance someday..
but.. heh.. his backyard... doesn't he live in CA ?

well.. i'm in Holland
and... just 18 years young...

so.. yea.. he just have to come to holland someday :)

Greetz
Ruud
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Anyway,
Dylan is younger 7 or 8 years:-(

Return to “Comments & Questions”