Ken Dodd's Dad's dog's dead

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Rodin

Ken Dodd's Dad's dog's dead

Post by Rodin »

I blame Leonard Cohen.
Misunderstood
Tchocolatl

Re: there's life in the old dog yet

Post by Tchocolatl »

Leonard Cohen shows there's life in the old dog yet (...) http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/ja ... -new-album
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
MaryB

Re: Ken Dodd's Dad's dog's dead

Post by MaryB »

Thank you Tchocolatl. What a great article - it really highlights his wry sense of humor.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I enjoyed reading it, too, Tchoc. Thanks :) .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

Is there any quality control around here, or can any old rubbish be posted???
Ring the bells that still can ring...
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Athnuachan wrote:Is there any quality control around here, or can any old rubbish be posted???

They will probably clean your post eventually. I guess they have important things to take care right now. ;-)
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Athnuachan wrote:Is there any quality control around here, or can any old rubbish be posted???
Take a look around the forum and see what you think ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Vicomte wrote:
The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So have a look around, but close one eye from time to time to keep the beauty safe in. ;-)

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

Vicomte wrote:
Have done, Vicomte - everything from erudite, intelligent posts to gibberish in garbled (or Googled) English.
A good cross-section of humanity, so! :roll:
Somehow I assumed all Cohen fans would be intelligent! More fool I ...
Ring the bells that still can ring...
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Wonder why you would have thought that? It's a forum to chat about this & that, mostly about L.C of course. You will find those that are totally barmy about him and indeed with some of them it is rather OTT idol worship and in others just an obvious like for him and his music, words ,poetry and so on and in others, there are indeed people who like to keep it a little more sensible, considering that many on here are in their more mature years. But it takes all kinds and I can't disagree with your comments.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
denise knowles

Post by denise knowles »

Vicomte,

I agree about some people being OTT and besotted with LC, that they finish up living and breathing in everything he say and does. I find this with the younger fan, or those who are trying to catch up with the last 43yrs. I am one of the old codgers who has been with LC since 1970. I was drawn to this thread by the title. Yes, we have to humour in all things, even on this forum.
I have not comment to offend anyone, but we all need a laugh, as Leonard himself as proved many a time.

Return to “Comments & Questions”