World tour or not 2012

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
majmunka

Re: World tour or not 2012

Post by majmunka »

Thanks, Goldin, it makes sense :)
Eva
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

With the imminent release of the New Album 'Old Ideas' I think we can all keep our ears set towards the grapevine for any news of a tour to promote the Album be it a large or a more select tour. I believe Leonard is in Paris shortly for promotional work. Fingers crossed to a tour.
and the Johnny Walker wisdom running high
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

When questioned on 'A Tour' in Paris recently promoting the new album 'Old Ideas' Leonard said - it is in his mind.
and the Johnny Walker wisdom running high
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Snippet of the Q&A in Paris, where mr Cohen answers Dominique Boile's question: will we see you on stage in 2012?
(Question and answer by Cohen in French, you can hear the moderator of the interviews translating into English)

http://www.maartenmassa.be/LCdocs/misc/ ... n_2012.wav

M

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
remote1

Post by remote1 »

He says it depends. I wonder whether it depends on how well the new album does...
"We are so lightly here"
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I struggled a bit to hear his comments but I think Leonard said that he would like to tour but it depended on everal things. He was certainly thinking about it.

I doubt if the success of Old Ideas will have anything to do with it.

Wendy
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Leonard Cohen discussed his 12th studio album, 'Old Ideas', January 18 in London, with Pulp's Jarvis Cocker ahead of the album's release on January 30.

Leonard to Jarvis Coker: Once questions were opened to the floor, Cohen revealed that he is likely to tour after the album's release...He added that a further record and tour were likely...
:D :D :D
https://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/m ... -new-album
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
holydove

Post by holydove »

Basecamp, thank you for posting that link - very interesting article, & great photo too!!
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

basecamp wrote:Leonard Cohen discussed his 12th studio album, 'Old Ideas', January 18 in London, with Pulp's Jarvis Cocker ahead of the album's release on January 30.

Leonard to Jarvis Coker: Once questions were opened to the floor, Cohen revealed that he is likely to tour after the album's release...He added that a further record and tour were likely...
:D :D :D
https://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/m ... -new-album

Lovely article, and very promising too!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
remote1

Post by remote1 »

And a quotation from the Telegraph: "“I said I would start smoking when I was 80 so at the rate that I am going, I could be smoking on the road again.”
Yippee! :D
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... aster.html
"We are so lightly here"
Chema

Post by Chema »

The newspaper "La Vanguardia" yesterday, Cohen said from Paris: "It's my mind to be back on stage this year" :D :D :D
rike

Post by rike »

So maybe he will appear at the Montreux Jazz Festival after all, as was reported elsewhere some time ago.
"...A manual for living with defeat..."
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

I'm beginning to hope that we might see him at the Albert Hall in London again. Of the five concerts I went to 08-10 this had to be the favourite. Even though he managed to make the O2 feel 'just the other side of intimacy', these large venues are so soulless. I guess that's the price you have to pay when there's a huge potential audience out there.
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

I have a fantasy of a tour of smallish venues - no larger than say, the Albert Hall. A stripped down band - like 1985. Hushed and attentive audiences and mostly new material or rarely performed material. I guess I can dream. Would also like to see bookshop poetry recitals too... while there are still bookshops!Whatever happens please come to Italy.
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh »

Jonnie Falafel wrote:I have a fantasy of a tour of smallish venues - no larger than say, the Albert Hall. A stripped down band - like 1985. Hushed and attentive audiences and mostly new material or rarely performed material. I guess I can dream. Would also like to see bookshop poetry recitals too... while there are still bookshops!Whatever happens please come to Italy.
And I have a fantasy that he will do another concert (even if its in his homeland only) and have a live stream to venues worldwide. What do you think Jarkko :?: :?:

Return to “Comments & Questions”