World tour or not 2012

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lonndubh

Re: World tour or not 2012

Post by lonndubh »

Not a peep from the Royal Hospital kilmainham.I beleive they are having big renevations done there.
And then again maybe its just in preperation for a LC concert !!
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

I was only thinking myself lonndudh that word will surely be forthcoming very soon as to whether the Licence being sought has been granted or not. I would be very hopeful that it will be granted. Am scanning the papers here daily for news.
and the Johnny Walker wisdom running high
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh »

I dont think we need worry about getting word of a concert as Jarkko will be on the ball as always 8) 8)
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

I have no doubt he will, lonndubh. In the meantime Heck Of A Guy ( Allan Showalter) has posted the following link http://1heckofaguy.com/2012/03/21/itali ... in-verona/ - fingers crossed for lift off.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

jarkko will reveal all on Monday 26th........
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Vicomte wrote:
cpl593h wrote: i am so certain he won't be playing live again on any regular kind of basis that if he tours i will bite the back of my own head!
That I will have to see................OK if I am the agent for ticket sales to see this phenomenal trick? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you started practicing this act of yours yet ;-) Can I suggest €15 a ticket and maybe held during the interval at one of the venues? :lol:
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

It is beginning to look increasingly likely that I was wrong regarding Leonard Cohen touring again in my orignal post. That said, I was never so happy to be so wrong. Looking forward to Jarkko's announcement on the 26th March.
surfergirl

Post by surfergirl »

What announcement on the 26th? Where did you hear about this?

And thanks Allan for the heads up on Verona! 8)
I was cautioned to surrender, this I could not do . . . .
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

surfergirl, it's at the top of the index page.

viewforum.php?f=58
Neil from The Young Ones
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

Hang on here we go.... :D
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

A new Tour it is - and I am so happy. Looking forward to meeting friends in Dublin in September.
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh »

Tony Crosbie wrote:A new Tour it is - and I am so happy. Looking forward to meeting friends in Dublin in September.
Absolutely tony.Im so glad its the outdoor venue
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

I would like to add in here that I hope Leonard Cohen's management will be able to add in dates for Australia, U.S and Canada further down the line. Also for friends in the U.K it would be nice if a slot or two can be found.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Tony Crosbie wrote:I would like to add in here that I hope Leonard Cohen's management will be able to add in dates for Australia, U.S and Canada further down the line. Also for friends in the U.K it would be nice if a slot or two can be found.
DITTO!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
B4real

Post by B4real »

MaryB wrote:
Tony Crosbie wrote:I would like to add in here that I hope Leonard Cohen's management will be able to add in dates for Australia, U.S and Canada further down the line. Also for friends in the U.K it would be nice if a slot or two can be found.
DITTO!
DOUBLE DOUBLE DITTO!!! from me as well.......and the prettiest of pleases, PLEASE!!!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “Comments & Questions”