PALMISTRY

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Because he is who he is, so unique, original, the one and only, he must have this line under his feet, however.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Coco

Post by Coco »

Hi Simon,

I've been looking at my palms. :) But what in the world is a "simian" line? What does it look like? I would love to know if I have one. :)
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
evelyn

palmistry

Post by evelyn »

Thanks Tchocolatl!

I just had a free palm reading. I don't think many people have a simian line, maybe it's made up - (I've never seen it before). It's the line they draw between the heart and head lines.

I would like to see Leonards' palm, though. That would be interesting!

evelyn
evelyn

palmistry

Post by evelyn »

OK, the second link stated that there is a simian line.
I've looked at palmistry books before and never saw it mentioned.

Oh well, you learn something new every day!

evelyn
Coco

Post by Coco »

Hi Tchocolatl!

Thanks so much for the link. Well I do not have a simian line :(

But I have never been very creative or artisitic so I was not too surprised that I did not have the simian line. Did anyone ever find out if Leonard has this amazing line? And Evelyn, that would be great! To examine Leonard's palms! I gladly volunteer! :)
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

My pleasure Coco and Evelyn. Evelyn, certainly it is a rare phenomenon according to the second link. Coco everybody is creative in some way. In my opinion the best that remains of all this is to rent the video of the movie.

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
margaret

Post by margaret »

I have a copy of Jim Devlin's book, Leonard Cohen In His Own Words, which has a picture on the front of both of L C 's palms in front of his face . I don't see a simian line on either hand. :? The book appears frequently on Ebay if anyone cares to check and enlarge the picture. It might also be in the files here as well.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yes, thanks Margaret,

I have seen the picture. In fact it is even right here on The Leonard Cohen Files at:

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/book25.html

And yes, it does confirm that LC doesn't have simian lines in his hands.

For those of you who were curious to get a reading of his palms, I'd say that that picture is fairly clear. Maybe enough so that you could get a reading out of it.

As far as Thom Yorke is concerned, my "intuition" was confirmed though. Someone posted a link this weekend on the Simian Line Discussion Group to a picture of Thom York's right hand. Clearly simian. Here's the link for those of you Radiohead fans...

http://www.greenplastic.com/multimedia/ ... hom114.jpg
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Simon did you look under his feet? :

http://www.dharmi.com/english/Secretos.htm

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi Tchocolatl,

If sole reading were as popular as palm reading, the song might have said:

... "I'd like to try to read your sole"...

And of course everybody would have heard "... to read your soul"
which would still be LC, and still very close to the original.
Body and soul and Leonard Cohen...!

..."He'll examine every inch of you"... anyhow!
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Simon, I did not see it this way but it seems very plausible, and,
..."He'll examine every inch of you"... anyhow!
true!

(Oh! I have to listen to the song now.)

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Zabka

Post by Zabka »

Tchoco

No my BF is not a lawyer, but I didn't want to risk losing any more points for unintentionally offending any sub-groups (as seen in thread where I mentioned bad French).

My sister is not French Canadian either.
ZZ

What we have learned is like a handful of earth. What we have yet to learn is like the whole world. (Avvaiyar)
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Z, can't you go somewhere without mentionning your sister all the time by fear of being sued or what? :) Just kidding.

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers

Return to “Comments & Questions”