biography?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Zabka

biography?

Post by Zabka »

Hi there

Just a new discoverer of Leonard Cohen works and contributions. Can anyone suggest a good biography or other on LC? Where do I begin?

If this has ben posted before, just point me to the link?

Many thanks
ZZ

What we have learned is like a handful of earth. What we have yet to learn is like the whole world. (Avvaiyar)
margaret

Post by margaret »

A good biography is by Ira B Nadel published in about 1996 called "Various Positions, a life of Leonard Cohen". You may find it if you ask at a library as it is a bit old to be still displayed on the shelves. Not sure if you can still buy a copy, but second hand ones come up on Ebay now and again and can also be found in internet bookstores.

Another is "Leonard Cohen, Prophet of the Heart" by L S Dorman and C L Rawlins 1990. This is obviously not so up to date but has considerable analysis of his work and the meanings behind lots of songs.

Hope this helps

Margaret
Zabka

Post by Zabka »

:D

Hey! Thanks for the reply and the information...I'll see what I can find in our town....

Bye

Zabka
ZZ

What we have learned is like a handful of earth. What we have yet to learn is like the whole world. (Avvaiyar)

Return to “Comments & Questions”