THE MACHINE - lady in flames

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Rennie

THE MACHINE - lady in flames

Post by Rennie »

Yo hombres - I'm a chika from the HankThree messageboard, coming heyar to check LC board out an all, he's quite a hot number in my homestead household that all being said, I need to find a work of art that is inscribed quite locally yet unfindably upon the flank of a CD cover entitled "The Songs of Leonard Cohen" - on the back as I said is a piece of art by an artist called The MACHINE - I need to find this picture and I fucking can't - so if any of you know of it have it and can post it or direct me toward finding it truthfully, would be much appreciated, danke schon, gutes nachtes.

[described as a brown fare girl eaten by flames containing one small distorted skull within a heated minority] - by the [MACHINE]

thanky bunches
-=ReNNiE=-
his body is a golden string her bodsy is hanging from...
give me crack and anal sex...
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

That's Joan Of Arc in flames, and unfortunately I do not have it - actually I would also like to have it and I'm looking for scan of LP. I have CD Songs Of, and heard that the picture is printed on back side of original vinyl. There's nothing on back of my CD of course. But I saw that picture in some book, and it's also one of logotypes on 2 Leonard's albums: More Best Of, and The Essential.
tom
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I found the picture right now, in a book The Complete Guide To The Music Of Leonard Cohen, and here it is printed as cover art of Tower Of Song tribute CD. But neither that CD in version I have doesn't have that cover art printed in the book, but other picture of scrapbook with some Leonard's lines.
tom
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Here we go guys
Rennie

Post by Rennie »

holy shit - you guys found it! I can't believe it! wiped clean from all the kisses I had before you handed me the apple core... delicious! thanks you guys :oops:
-=Rennie=-
his body is a golden string her bodsy is hanging from...
give me crack and anal sex...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Rennie :wink: ~

Look to see who "you guys" really is :D ! I'm glad Jarkko was able to assist you :D . Am I surprized by this? Not at all 8) .

~ Lizzytysh
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Hey Jarkko! Thanks!!!
I was thinking to ask you if you have the scan, thanks!

Question: if this is St. Joan Of Arc, why the title of scan is St. Bernadette? The holy lady from other song - and the real name of Jennifer (Warnes).
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Good question, Tom. I have many years ago scanned a post card
printed to promote the "Tower of Song" tribute album.
However, I was (and still am) pretty sure that I had seen the same
picture earlier in an encyclopedia, naming the lady in flames
"St. Bernadette". That's why I gave th<t name to the picture
file. I know that she is supposed to be Joan of Arc. Maybe
one of our other members can shed some light on the
real origins of this photo.
For the time being, let's take it for granted that she is
Joan of Arc.
Makera

Post by Makera »

Hi All ~
If anyone is interested in the fascinating historical details of the life and death of Saint Joan, I can recommend a brilliant and meticulously researched article on how she really died (not as horribly as you'd think) - at this link:
http://www.stjoan-center.com/topics/Dea ... troke.html

~Makera

P.S. For the most comprehensive and carefully detailed account of the life of Jehanne d'Arc, Allen Williamson's site covers it all:
http://members.aol.com/hywwebsite/priva ... ofarc.html

Return to “Comments & Questions”