Istanbul Synagogues

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Istanbul Synagogues

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm not sure where best to put this, here or on the War is Hell thread, but I want to express my sorrow for the bombings of the Jewish synagogues in Istanbul. With 20 dead and 300 injured, this is a huge bombing intended to destroy massively. There are no sites considered sacred, anymore. My fear and prayers are for those innocent people who live or visit there. My fear for Jewish populations is increasing.

~ Elizabeth
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

8 victims were Jewish Turks. All the others were Muslim Turks. The bombers don't care who they hit as long as they cause carnage.
My country is now on the next to highest state of alert. We could be hit anywhere at anytime.
And now I've heard that more young soldiers have been shot out of the skies over Iraq.
The peacekeepers in vestments and robes, or uniforms, are the easy targets anywhere.
Soft targets for mad men.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

The suicide bombers drive up to their targets in cars and buses and lorries and trucks, and of course in four huge airplanes on 9/11.
What an irony it is?
Cars, buses, lorries, trucks and airplanes are powered by petrol which is refined from OIL. What a terrible, sickening irony!!!!!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Agreed, Byron.

I didn't hear of anyone being shot out of the sky, but did hear of two helicopters colliding. I hear of deaths daily now :cry: .
Byron

Post by Byron »

We've been told that a rocket was fired at one helicopter and hit it. That helicopter then crashed into the other one while still in the air.
Helven

Post by Helven »

Terrible news!
And I’ve read today that in some terrorist organizations they teach six-years-old boys how to kill others by self killing. I got a shock.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Actually, there were supposed to be two cities, Istanbul and another, but I can't remember the name/spelling of the other, I believe it also begins with an "I." I'm concerned about Kadir and Anat [I believe is from there, as well]. You're likely right, Byron. I hadn't heard that aspect of it yet, just the part that they collided.

Helven ~ That is horrific, if true, and it may very well be, even very likely is. There's so much going on that we can't possibly comprehend.

Love,
Elizabeth
Makera

Post by Makera »

Lizzy~
The madness continues...impossible to comprehend the mentality that produces it! :shock: :cry:
The irony of 'oil' is who holds most of it, and the world to ransom for it!
(Great inspiration for alternative energy generation; thankfully, already 'in the works')

~Makera
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Byron ~

NPR just played an excerpt from a BBC report, saying that it's unclear whether the two Blackhawk helicopters actually collided, and the Coalition has not confirmed reports that one missile was first shot with a ground-to-air missile. A U.S. military officer apparently said that one was hit by hostile fire. They're still recovering bodies. A French woman [a U.N. worker] was just shot and killed in Afghanistan, someone from a motorcycle opening fire on her vehicle. All the hell that we predicted [pre-war] would break loose [during and "post"-war] continues to do so :cry: . So many things [news items] I've been tempted to post in the past months, but felt some things are just so obvious that they don't bear mentioning; yet as time goes on, I'm so sick about it all, I have to say something.

Yes, Makera, yet there is concerted effort in the "high" places to keep those alternatives unavailable. The generation needs to continue to rally on its own :( .

~ Elizabeth
Cia

Post by Cia »

Hiya Lizzy

The town your are looking for is Izmir, nine dead in a fire at a cafe :cry:

http://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/sto ... 02,00.html

Kadir is safe in Berlin and Anat is not even near to Izmir - unless she ran of for a holiday :o

But think they will appreciate your concern, hugs as always from Cia
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man almost nothing.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's it, Cia ~ Izmir. Thank you! Beautiful name for a city, isn't it, just like Istanbul is! Wasn't one of the synagogues in Izmir, as well? Or did the cafe tragedy coincide with the synagogue tragedy? Thanks for "placing" both Kadir and Anat for me. Of course, anything can happen anywhere, but there still seem to be "hot spots." :cry:

Lotsa hugs to Cia,
Lizzy

Return to “Comments & Questions”