Leonard and the effects of gravity

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Mark B.

Leonard and the effects of gravity

Post by Mark B. »

I was just wondering since Leonard lives in L.A., do you think he would ever consider a little nip and tuck? You know, just a little something done to the neck. I was downloading the Montreal Gazette picture from the front page on the forum (very slowly...56K connection) and thought he could benefit enormously from all the expertise available in that city. Or would he be too spiritual? Supposing he did resort to plastic surgery. Would everyone here think he had sold out. Or would we all rush to find excuses for him.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I would hope he'd be too spiritual, but would certainly make excuses for him if he did!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I think Leonard values the fact that he has lived long enough for his body to show it. I value the fact that he has.

~ Elizabeth
Mark B.

Post by Mark B. »

But the fact is Leonard is notorious for his vanity. I think that is the reason the picture for Ten New Songs was so indistinct. An in focus picture would have revealed Time Marching On a little too clearly. Better to have used the dog.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Perhaps [just perhaps] Leonard's notoriety is pre-Mt. Baldy and post-Mt. Baldy, too. The dog? No way! Maybe on the back or inside, just to see what the dog looks like, or maybe Leonard with the dog.....but I'm more interested in a picture of Leonard....regardless of the stage of his life. By the way, welcome to the Forum, Mark :D .
Mark B.

Post by Mark B. »

He was notorious on Mt. Baldy too. No pre or post about it. It is well know that he can never pass up a mirror. Have you never noticed how "mirrors" are a constant theme in his songs? Also no one has that many pictures taken of themselves without loving the camera and I'm not saying the camera doesn't love Leonard...mostly it does...but not lately. Not from certain angles. I'm now going to take that picture I downloaded and copy it to Paintbox and see if I can't doctor it a little myself and try to see what a little L.A. magic would do. Nothing drastic. I wouldn't want Leonard to turn out like Kirk Douglas.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you for sparing him that level of indignity, Mark. Although I like Kirk Douglas, a KD imitation is nowhere for Leonard to be :roll: .

Return to “Comments & Questions”