the Theme from TIME, the Musical

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Makera

the Theme from TIME, the Musical

Post by Makera »

Greetings All~
On the level of 'Leonard Cohen style' works, i.e. mystically inspired and relevant to all, I thought many here would appreciate a little known gem that has, inexplicably, not made it onto CD (yet) despite having some success in 1985-86 (e.g. the 'Theme from Time' was a hit on Oz radio in '86). "Dave Clark's TIME, the Musical" was performed live in London 1985, but never made it across 'the Pond'. The album was recorded by Capitol Records in '86, but still only available in vinyl.
The following theme was narrated by Laurence Olivier, as 'Akash': "the Ultimate Word in Truth". For the only comprehensive info (incl. music clips) you can check out the website: http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/Defymcbeth/Time.html

~ The Theme from TIME ~
Akash:
Stand before me on the Sign of Infinity all you of the Earth. With the granting of the "Law of Probenation" comes the application of change. I will give you the key. And with this knowledge, please realize, comes the responsibility of sharing it. I will show you the way (it's very simple).

Throughout the Universe there is order. In the movement of the planets...in nature...and in the functioning of the human mind. A mind that is in its natural state of order is in harmony with the Universe, and such a mind is timeless. Your life is an expression of your mind. You are a creator of your own Universe, for as a human being you are "free to will" whatever state of being you desire through the use of your thoughts and words.

There is great Power there.

It can be a blessing or a curse.

It's entirely up to you, for the quality of your life is brought about by the quality of your thinking. Think about that.

Thoughts produce actions. See the pettiness and the envy and the greed and the fear and all the other attitudes that cause you pain and discomfort.
Realize that the one thing you have absolute control over is your attitude.
See the effect that it has on those around you, for each life is linked to all Life and your words carry with them chain reactions like a stone that has been thrown into a pond. If your thinking is in order, your words will flow directly from the heart, creating ripples of love.

If you truly want to change your world, my friends, you must change your thinking. Reason is your greatest tool. It creates an atmosphere of understanding which leads to caring which is Love. Choose your words with care. Go forth....with Love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by Makera on Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

Nice sentiments, Makera........it seems like a continuation of Desertaratia
(Desert Rats).
Seriously, these are nice thoughts............if only people would think them!!!
Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Makera

Post by Makera »

Yeah, George :lol: it is kinda like 'Desiderata part deux' (duh!). Hmmm,
Desiderata: those things most needed or to be desired.......
'Desert Rats'? good one! :lol:

~Makera
Makera

Post by Makera »

I've now included the link to the Time website in my post. Hope you like it.

Return to “Comments & Questions”