Who needs spell checkers anyway??

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Who needs spell checkers anyway??

Post by Byron »

Drae all

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

ceehiro!

Albert says to say "hello."
Byron 'sends his ragarse.' :oops:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
chani

Post by chani »

really nice one!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Byron ~

Linmag shared that one with me, and it really shows the magnificence of the human mind ~ especially when you consider how long :? it can sometimes take to figure out the word a person really meant when the mis-spelling isn't just a matter of rearranged letters, but rather in the wrong order, without the first and last in their proper places; wrong letters; additional letters; or letters missing altogether.

Very funny how you can just breeze right through this piece 8) !

~ Lizzytysh
Tony

Post by Tony »

Even with perfect spelling people will put their own interpretation on words. This forum is a good example.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Good point, Tony :D !
A'af

Post by A'af »

Cute...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: for u Byron And Tony.......
Makera

Ditto,ditto

Post by Makera »

Hey Byorn~

I dtito Tnoy & a'Af.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:D A BLAST of HAPPINESS :D ~ seen and felt simultaneously :D !

:D THANK YOU!!! :D ~ A'af :D :!:

WoW!!! :D

Love,
Lizzy :D
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

This piece of misspillink has now appeared on British Television News at the hour of noon on this very day forsooth. I cannot klame to be its orther but a simple soul who passed the message to you via the Joys of the intern-net, from whence it kame.
Matron thinks I'm improoving bye leeps and hounds.
Albert syas to beware of right wing austrians with high political orrifice. :shock:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Cia

Post by Cia »

ids sutch bat luk thad mi spelin is su god, musd bi bicus wi haf reali god tichers inn Denmarc. Zo I wil jusd haf two pas on thes won :roll:

hucks from Cai
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man almost nothing.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
altinkum

Post by altinkum »

Hi
I didn't know whether to put this here or on the synchronicity thread. I was just reading my daily paper when I decided to pop into the site. I was reading a feature on memory, one phrase in the article was this "Hough dou peapel rede gnew wirds" apparently we use our intelligent memory rather than our ordinary memory. It's quite an interesting article. Oh well bac to der papper :)
Altinkum

Return to “Comments & Questions”