Problem solved!

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Helven

Post by Helven »

Oops! :oops:
Barbara, I haven't thank you for your answering my question on "ng"! I offer my apologies! Thank you very much!
Your story was so beautiful and moving (Henry!)…
And, actually, no wonder that my question arose. In fact, I've heard about Leonard Cohen himself not long ago! So I didn't know of all the groups, gatherings, happenings…

Also I'd like to mention again your first posting addressed to Bilbao, Makera and me. I've babbled my "thank you"… Your words really struck me dumb. And I could (and can) hardly find my own words even in Russian to express my gratitude. You've touched my heart… No words… :)
I've finally found myself! But that turned out to be a completely different person.
/contemporary saying/
Helven

Post by Helven »

And my name is Tanya. And Tatiana (Tat’jana) is its full form.
I've finally found myself! But that turned out to be a completely different person.
/contemporary saying/
Helven

Post by Helven »

By the way, if somebody wants to visit St. Petersburg Hermitage Museum – here is the link:

http://www.hermitage.ru

Welcome!
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have been an infrequent visitor to this forum, but it's great to see some 'ng' folk here. I haven't given up hope on the ng though. I recently made a personal request via there and received a great response through e-mail so I think there is a large lurkatory waiting for the right moment to re-emerge. I'm hoping so anyway, so many special people.
--
Paul Galvin.
(I hope you haven't forgotten your promise to me "Lady Midnight." I still refer to your "I believe...." from time to time)
Makera

Re: Boobie is Blushing

Post by Makera »

babz wrote:
Remember when we were all goddesses for awhile?
Hi Barbara~

Yes, I do...in the first sense. :wink: I'm especially blessed in the second sense because I am still treated as one by my soul partner and husband now. 8) Their is something unique about the Maltese in distinct contrast to other Mediterranean cultures. Malta, that little 'fly speck' on the map just off Sicily, has had a greater impact on our history than most people know.

Apart from the "unusual hospitality" shown to the Apostle Paul when he was shipwrecked there, Malta was the deciding factor that saved Europe from the Ottoman Turks (i.e. world domination by Islam) in the Great Siege of 1565. The church bells rang all across Europe when little Malta & the Knights of St John defeated the Turks and saved Christendom.

The second Great Siege was in WW2, when again their strategic position was pivotal to the Nazi's plans of world domination; e.g. Rommel:"Without Malta the Axis will end by losing control of North Africa". He was right. Despite suffering twice as many bombs in 2 months as were dropped in a whole year at the height of London's Blitz, the Maltese could not be beaten into submission. King George VI of England awarded the islands the George Cross "To honour her brave people..." 8)

The Maltese language is one of the oldest, like Basque, going back to the Phoenicians. The ruins there indicate a Mother Goddess culture 7000 years old, at least. I feel that something very powerful must have imbued the men there with a respect for women that survived not only time, but successive occupations from various cultures; Italian, Arab, French, British. (Even the RC Church didn't change them) Maltese men, in general, are truly an exception among Mediterranean males in their attitude to women. That's why, when I found a unique, gifted, advanced soul who was also Maltese, I got a double bonus! :D

I hope I haven't bored anyone with this, I just find so many interconnected things about certain histories and cultures so significant in the 'grand scheme' of things; especially those lesser noticed ones. I guess that 'Goddess' thing set me off.....OK.. I'll shut up now. :wink:

Have you heard that: "behind every great man there is a woman.....(doing this):- :roll:

with Love,

Gennelle Marie

ps. Tat'jana, what a beautiful name! (always loved Russian names)
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Re: Boobie is Blushing

Post by Byron »

Have you heard that: "behind every great man there is a woman.....(doing this):- :roll:

And behind her, is his wife :wink:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Makera

Post by Makera »

Hey Byron~

Very funny man !! :lol: Thanks for the laugh!

~Makera
babz

No Confusion of Dunces but Profusions of Praise

Post by babz »

I'm staggered by all the sweetness flowing my way. And yes, what a glory of beautiful names and brilliant minds. Hi Paul, my love. Ah, Goddesses. An inexhaustible subject... and scholarship piling up as we speak. I wrote a poem which my daughter set to music. When she performs it, the loving feminine cradles the room. I'll put it here, since this has become the esoteric thread par excellance:

Return of the Goddess

Refrain: What is not love is fear*

You may claim not to know me
But something in your mind
Is drawing you close to me
A haven here you’ll find

Before your gods of darkness
I brought the shining light
Out of the formless chaos
I wrought both day and night

I am eternal mother
I am your virgin pure
I am the woman of wisdom
That you have come to fear

Though you have kept me hidden
Through ages that have passed
My power never weakened
I have returned at last

Your lust for mass destruction
Lies now within your reach
And you must learn the lesson
The feminine can teach

My daughters tried to warn you
Because they bear my life
I am not only daughter
I am not only wife

My trinity of aspects
Includes destroyer too
And I will come in vengeance
To save my world from you

I am the archetype Goddess
I reign within your soul
Until your hearts embrace me
You never will be whole

So heed my admonition
There are no We and They
I love my children equally
And I have come to say

What is not love is fear
What is not love is fear
That’s all you need to hear
And war will disappear
This truth is very clear
Say no to your fear
What is not love is fear

*Anyone familiar with The Course In Miracles
will recognize this line.

Lovely and inspiring Malta stories and so
much here of weight and worth. I am having
the time of my life! :)

Love
Barbara

Does anyone know of the goddess Baubo?
She is a bit bawdy, but dear to my heart.
One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation, and compassion.
~Simone de Beauvoir
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Babz ~

An astonishingly correct and exquisite poem-song. I can only imagine how it must sound when sung :D ! What is her accompaniment and what type of voice does she have? It lends itself well to be sung with both sweetness and deep gusto. I'm very curious to know how long it took you to complete it in its present form. Obviously, so much thought went into it, yet it seems to have just flowed from you in inspiration.

It also rings so true with the Goddess religions, that I'm reading about now in an older book titled The Crone, or perhaps simply Crone. There are an incredible number of goddesses named in it, but I have not come across Baubo. Given the number per page that I'm encountering, however, I won't be surprized if I do. It's very interesting reading how much things have changed since the "beginning." Very eye-opening :shock: .

~ Elizabeth
Bilbao

Post by Bilbao »

Byron,

Behind a great man there's a surprised woman... :wink: :lol:
Makera

synchronicity

Post by Makera »

Hail Barbara~

There is something so extraordinary in how the true spirit of a person can come through even their printed words on a page -- to an open heart. (The downside is, an open heart also sees the truth in those who cannot/will not see themselves) Then there is nothing more to be said.
Whilst we are sharing our favourite pearls of Wisdom, I'd like to include this little gem of Emily Dickinson's:

"Tell all the Truth but tell it slant --
Success in Circuit lies
Too bright for our infirm delight
The Truth's superb surprise

As Lightning to the Children eased
With explanation kind
The Truth must dazzle gradually
Or every man be blind --"
c.1868

(I had neither seen nor read her work before coming to America in '95.)

I loved your Song. :idea: :D Ah, of course, a 'Course In Miracles'; it has been so long since I read it I had almost forgotten. Extraordinary thing. Did you find as I, that to read it comfortably you had to find the cadence in the sentences -- like a poem disguised as prose? (Or was that just me :? )
OK, I think I've found the perfect place to unveil a fragment of my soul's inner reaches:

ISIS IS

from Sept ember of
Her Star she came
Of herSelf,and
By this finger of
Her Hand writes
And lights the Way - -

Keep shining my angels
My children, my lights
Keep sowing and growing
And glowing in Sight
Keep going keep flowing
Through darkness and blight
Keep knowing and showing
On, on through the Night
Dance on through the Dawning
Of Wings on the Morning
And in through the Ark
Where nothing's divided
And nothing is Dark
At the Oasis
Omphalos
of My
HEART
Dance on through
Our Eyes
And into the Skies
By Celestial Chairs
Through Gateways
On Stairs
Here
(Hear what I say!)
Where My Temple
Was NEVER a Tomb
to
Dance with the Angels
And Sing with the Stars --

Now rest in the Cradle
And when you are able
New Life to assume
Comeback
to
My
WOMB

c 1988

with Love,

Gennelle Marie xxx

ps: to Fleya, I liked your joke, re. "surprised" woman behind a great man.
However, she should be 'Triumphant'; who was responsible after all! :lol:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Greatness that comes through honourable motives, ethics, and outcomes is to be honestly congratulated ~ man or woman.

I'm pleased to report that I don't see either as inherently devoid of these or the capacity for greatness :D .

~ Elizabeth
linmag

Post by linmag »

I liked your 'Goddess' poem very much, Babz. It flowed beautifully in reading it, and articulated much of what I have come to believe about the ancient religions.

I liked yours, too, Genelle. What a lovely name. Welcome to you and to Fleya and Tanya. I am so glad that this thread has taken a turn for the better since I last visited it. It's good to see the voice of reason, and positive discussion prevail. Congratulations ladies all, (and Byron :) ).
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Helven

Post by Helven »

Byron, Fleya, Gennelle Marie,

…but who is behind a great woman?:shock: :lol: And who is she herself behind?.. :roll:
/contemporary saying/
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Good point, Helven :lol: ~ is this perhaps the new problem to be solved :wink: ?

~ Lizzytysh

Return to “Comments & Questions”