Creating websites

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Paula

Creating websites

Post by Paula »

Could some one spoonfeed me information on how you create a web site. A lot of you have your own web sites and I am totally in the dark as to how you go about it.
John the Shorts

Post by John the Shorts »

Paula

Basically you only need a host and a word processor for a No Frills Web Site.

If you follow this line but would like to do more than No Frills then you would need to learn HTML.

Alternatively you could obtain a Web development tool (preferably a WYSIWYG editor)

If you want to I can e-mail you links for free hosting, a HTML training course and somewhere to download editors.

JTS
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh my, the explanation is more confusing than the question and anticipated answer.
Paula

Post by Paula »

JTS thanks could you email me the info I want to try and make a basic website.

Lizzie I looked at the explaination and did a sharp intake of breath too :lol:
John the Shorts

Post by John the Shorts »

Paula

The info will be on it's way as soon as I sober up (verucca's and all :wink: ) so expect it sometime tomorrow pm

Lizzy

I can send you the same info (with or withot verucca's) if you wish. An it will be almost simultaneous.

JTS (Just got home 23:10, still single no blonde attached - Better luck next time!)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear John ~

I froze in place, as it is, when I read your initial response to Paula! You can send me the info, but G~d help me if I can understand the first word of how to do any of it! But hey, I did straighten out the link needing the extra "w" :lol: , so hope springs eternal :wink: . Thanks :shock: .

~ Lizzytysh
peterhmm

Creating websites

Post by peterhmm »

hi Paula,

http://www.bravenet.com I have found to be a useful site that offers free web services with some templates for creating web sites...for learning on the web--it has a lot of tutorials there.

It is a bit of a head ache learning it. It's not that bad though....well sometimes it is... If you would like for me to tell you how to do it, I could give you some pointers. A few points in the right direction would likely save you hours and sometimes even more hours of learning.
If you use MSN messenger I could walk you through it on line.

If you find it to hard to do after trying and simply would like to post a site, let me know, depending on how complex your site is, I could have it up and runniing on the web in 30 minutes or less--you would just have to send me your content that you would like to have on your site..the pages, words and images that you would like.

Regards,
Peter
Paula

Post by Paula »

Hi Peter - cheers for the offer I have PMed you.

Return to “Comments & Questions”