Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by lizzytysh »

an old fan followed by a new one... perfect! welcome, madeleineann... no one better to have accompanied you all these years 8)
and as mary said, sheffmark, no such thing as a stupid question. no need for apologies or embarrassment. we've all asked what we feel are stupid questions from time to time. you're here and that's what matters. if you're younger, you will help carry leonard forward when we are gone. welcome.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
sheffmark

Post by sheffmark »

lizzytysh wrote:an old fan followed by a new one... perfect! welcome, madeleineann... no one better to have accompanied you all these years 8)
and as mary said, sheffmark, no such thing as a stupid question. no need for apologies or embarrassment. we've all asked what we feel are stupid questions from time to time. you're here and that's what matters. if you're younger, you will help carry leonard forward when we are gone. welcome.
Oh thank-you for your welcome!! :)
I'm 44yrs old so i'm not young or old i suppose!! :lol:
I've still got a lot to learn though!! ;-)
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

sheffmark wrote:I think i might like it on this forum!! :D
Sometimes it may seem a bit personal (with members talking to one another). Do not be offput by this. Get into the swing of things by posting and you will quickly be in the thick of things . You will not only like it, you might find yourself becoming a forum 'addict' :D :lol:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
sheffmark

Post by sheffmark »

MaryB wrote:
sheffmark wrote:I think i might like it on this forum!! :D
Sometimes it may seem a bit personal (with members talking to one another). Do not be offput by this. Get into the swing of things by posting and you will quickly be in the thick of things . You will not only like it, you might find yourself becoming a forum 'addict' :D :lol:
Ok MaryB i'll certainly bear that in mind but i like the atmosphere on this forum already and it looks like it's a place to make many friends!! :D
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

sheffmark wrote:it looks like it's a place to make many friends!! :D
That it is :D :D :D :D :D
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ksargent

Post by ksargent »

Hi, I've been a fan of Leonard's since hearing "Suzanne" in 1967. I'm looking forward to the discussions here.

Ken
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

And welcome to you, Ken :D !!! Yes, please enter in wherever you wish and initiate threads, if you see fit, too :)

Were you able to see Leonard on tour anywhere in the past several years?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
sheffmark

Post by sheffmark »

And welcome from me too Ken! :D
Sonia_Music

Post by Sonia_Music »

Hi there

I think I posted a thread in the wrong area! But least Im getting to know things about the website now or fourm lets say :)

Im from Ireland and iM ready to learn lots more about Leonard and mainly his inspirations for his songs.
“Compassion is most important for happiness. We must treat fellow human beings as equal. So the innate desire for happiness that is the basis of human rights extends to all sentient beings, including animals and insects.”—His Holiness The Dalai Lama
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Andrew and Sonia,

Welcome to our slice of heaven. If you want to learn about LC and his works, you have come to the right place. This forum will also lead you to other excellent websites such as moderator Marie's http://www.speakingcohen.com/ and Allen's http://1heckofaguy.com/ , just to name a couple. Enjoy! Hope to hear from you often.

Best regards,
Mary

Edit - How did I possibly leave out Jarkko's http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/ that started it all :D
chaplainmom

Post by chaplainmom »

Hi Everyone, I'm not sure I'm even doing this right...
I have always been aware of Leonard, but only discovered him "in -depth" after his last world tour (much to my chagrin!), and now I'm catching up! I enjoy lots of different music and artists...but can't believe how deeply his music and poetry speak to me. If the big announcement coming next week is what I think it is...I am already freaking out that I might not be able to get a ticket. I hear that some of his concerts sell out in minutes, is there a "best way" to get a ticket? I live in the US. Glad to be on the forum...seems like a friendly bunch!

Mary
luisa44

Post by luisa44 »

How to you become a member of the fan club to buy presale tickets on ticketmster.ie?

Thank you
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Hi luisa44,

You are a member now.
Keep an eye on the forum news.

Wybe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
victoriaplum

Post by victoriaplum »

Hi all, should have done this from the off. A massive LC fan - obviously! And this website is the best thing I have discovered in a long time! Based in London, but love to travel.
Dance me to the end of love
------------------------------------
'Live in London' 2008; Ghent 2012; London 2013.
MaryRachel

Post by MaryRachel »

Hi everyone, longtime lurker, first time poster here. I have been browsing this forum on and off for some time now, so I thought it was time I joined in. :)
Kilmainham 11/09/12 and 12/09/12. Dublin 12/09/13.

Return to “Comments & Questions”