Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
clairvoyant

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by clairvoyant »

Hello all!

Such a pleasure to be here. It is so comforting to find a beautiful little online island with people who love Cohen as much as I do. My Mum's favourite song was always 'Hallelujah' (though she preferred the k.d. lang version haha). I had a decent voice, so she always asked me to sing it to her. Being the stubborn child I was I would refuse to ever perform it for her. Years later though, I found 'One of Us Cannot be Wrong' and fell deeply and horribly in love with all things Cohen. Sorry Mum... you were right, it is a heart wrenching tune.

Today I was impatiently waiting for my copy of 'The Flame' to come in the mail, and decided to look around online. That's how I stumbled across this forum, and I am so glad I did.

Thank you for having me, and may you all have a lovely day :)
B4real

Post by B4real »

Hello clairvoyant,
Welcome to the forum!
I'm sure you will enjoy being a member of this wonderful and unique place in cyberspace.
People here are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable with its subject matter :)

And by your forum name, you just might have known I would say that, ha!
Have fun.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Nothing left to do

Post by Nothing left to do »

Hi everybody,
I have been a reader of this forum for several years. Now I finally decided to register so I have the possibility to post. I am sure it will be a pleasure to communicate with several likeminded fans. I took my user name from a line of one of my favorite Cohen songs.
I have been a Cohen fan for a long time, the first album I bought was 'Songs of Love and Hate' and the first concert was in 1972 in Berlin. I lost somewhat the interest in his music after the rather weak 'Death of Ladies Man' but fully came back to him at the end of the 80s with the release of 'I'm Your Man'. Since then I have seen him in several concerts, the last one was in 2013 in Berlin. The most memorable experience in all these concerts was in 2010 in the Waldbuhne in Berlin, which was nearly sold out with more than 20,000 attendees. It was a nice summer evening and close to the end of the concert Leonard Cohen, the Webb sisters and Neil Larsen played 'If It Be Your Will'. Only the musicians were spotlighted in an otherwise dark arena. The complete audience was absolutely silent (a rare moment in Berlin) during this performance. It was absolutely magic.
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

As Leonard was fond of saying, greetings!

My history with Cohen was similar to yours--SOLAH was the album that enticed me, but then I lost touch with him and his music, but my rediscovery did not occur until 2010.

I always loved the Waiting for the Miracle lyrics, in particular, the final verse, but the music always intrigued me as well. Especially as it was played live, the audiences were mesmerized.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Tamphanthanish

Post by Tamphanthanish »

Nothing left to do wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:14 pm Hi everybody,
I have been a reader of this forum for several years. Now I finally decided to register so I have the possibility to post. I am sure it will be a pleasure to communicate with several likeminded fans. I took my user name from a line of one of my favorite Cohen songs.
I have been a Cohen fan for a long time, the first album I bought was 'Songs of Love and Hate' and the first concert was in 1972 in Berlin. I lost somewhat the interest in his music after the rather weak 'Death of Ladies Man' but fully came back to him at the end of the 80s with the release of 'I'm Your Man'. Since then I have seen him in several concerts, the last one was in 2013 in Berlin. The most memorable experience in all these concerts was in 2010 in the Waldbuhne in Berlin, which was nearly sold out with more than 20,000 attendees. It was a nice summer evening and close to the end of the concert Leonard Cohen, the Webb sisters and Neil Larsen played 'If It Be Your Will'. Only the musicians were spotlighted in an otherwise dark arena. The complete audience was absolutely silent (a rare moment in Berlin) during this performance. It was absolutely magic.
Welcome!
Juanjo Enrique

Post by Juanjo Enrique »

Hola, yo también soy nuevo en el foro. Soy fan de Leonard Cohen desde hace mucho tiempo. Tuve la ocasión de verlo en directo en tres ocasiones. Dos en mi ciudad de origen, Zaragoza, y la tercera en Ámsterdam. Todos fueron conciertos maravillosos. Ahora estoy muy emocionado porque escribo esto desde Hydra, la isla griega donde vivió. Esta tarde he ido a ver su casa y no me quería ir de allí. He venido aquí a pasar mi cumpleaños en una soledad buscada en la que tanto me identifico con él.
Google Translate :Hi, I'm new to the forum too. I've been a Leonard Cohen fan for a long time. I had the opportunity to see it live on three occasions. Two in my hometown, Zaragoza, and the third in Amsterdam. They were all wonderful concerts. Now I'm very excited because I'm writing this from Hydra, the Greek island where he lived. This afternoon I went to see his house and I didn't want to leave. I have come here to spend my birthday in a sought-after solitude in which I identify so much with him.

Return to “Comments & Questions”