Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
hydriot

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by hydriot »

Iconoclastic_Bitch wrote: Hmmm that's too bad. Do you or does anyone know how I can find out which hotel he will be staying at in Vancouver, BC? Maybe I could go for walks in the area and perhaps run into him.
It's the nature of serendipity that if you search for him you will certainly not meet up with him. So far he has been encountered in a car-park, in a restaurant, in a side-street, outside the Royal Albert Hall, in a hotel foyer near the Royal Albert Hall, at Athens Airport ... but always by people who weren't actually looking for him.

Not sure he approves of people who write in pink, either ;-)
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

I made a sign saying "I'm here Leonard", and it was written in pink. Dear me. All is lost. :)
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

It kind of would be nice if people would give him a break. I'm sure you agree we are blessed to simply hear him play and sing. Isn't that enough? Do you really need to speak to him, ask for a picture with him or an autograph? I've heard how polite and gracious he has been. I hope we can follow suit.
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

I mean, I suppose it would be a little different if he were 21...I guess it's about personal space.
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

To my new friends, Ladydi, Box of Rain, MaryB, Scott from Philadelphia, Lizzy, Imaginary Friend, Bonnie, Mom from Atlanta, Partisan, and the incomparable Jarkko....(memory fails me on the others).......hello and good karma...I am so glad to join you in the spirit of the Beacon that we shared.

I am not a new member but now that I can match the faces to the names, this Forum becomes more alive and a whole new experience!

On one negative note, I do join my friennds in trying to steer the "Bitch", (who became a member just this week), away from infringing on LC's privacy. To us, he is more than an icon, and his presence and music are akin to a spiritual experience.

Please treat LC with the dignity he deserves. He is not a rag doll.

And please stop stinking up this forum with that distasteful pink font!

Leonard from Montreal...same name..same town...no Golden Voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Post by Iconoclastic_Bitch »

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if you feel upset with my interest in meeting Leonard. My intent is certainly not to disrespect him or invade his space. I have no interest in autographs or pictures, my interest is in thanking him for the incredible influence he has had in my life.

Further, I dont see how my choice of font colour has anything to do with my appreciation of LC, or with anything at all actually. I'm a vibrant person so why not use vibrant colours in my expression - especially on a forum that pays homage to the most emotionally expressive writers of all time.
Leonard Cohen is my soulmate.
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

No worries! You can use any color your heart desires. I think some old timers are just not use to colorful bitches! Joking aside...you know, I doubt a personal thank you is needed by him...I would guess it's something you desire....I think, desires are ok. But you understand what I mean, right? You know, you can give him thanks in your heart right this minute!
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Box_of_Rain wrote:No worries! You can use any color your heart desires. I think some old timers are just not use to colorful bitches! Joking aside...you know, I doubt a personal thank you is needed by him...I would guess it's something you desire....I think, desires are ok. But you understand what I mean, right? You know, you can give him thanks in your heart right this minute!
Thank you Box Of Rain, you are sooo sweet.

It's just been a whirlwind week with getting such great tickets to his show and I probably got a little excited and ahead of myself. I won't be trying to track him down but I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed that I magically bump into him and hey, if it's meant to be, it will happen.

Yes you're right, it was a desire of my part to thank him. His influence on me is beyond qualtifiable articulation and can be overwhelming at times.

Thank you for being so nice.

P.S. Pink is the new black...lol
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Iconoclastic_Bitch wrote:
Thank you Box Of Rain, you are sooo sweet.

It's just been a whirlwind week with getting such great tickets to his show and I probably got a little excited and ahead of myself. I won't be trying to track him down but I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed that I magically bump into him and hey, if it's meant to be, it will happen.

Yes you're right, it was a desire of my part to thank him. His influence on me is beyond qualtifiable articulation and can be overwhelming at times.

Thank you for being so nice.

P.S. Pink is the new black...lol
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Sorry - I had made some very witty comments in the above posting but I also experimented with the font colour and unfortunately my comments haven't shown up.
I hope that we can all learn something from this...
ie. White is not a good font colour to use.
I think I will stick to the traditional black from now on as it is easier on the eyes.
If I ever have anything very important to announce on the forum I may go so far as to use BOLD type but I can't think of any occassion when I would need to do so.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
Paula

Post by Paula »

Box of Rain "old timers" we are not in our dotage yet.

That pink is horrible I feel like I have stumbled on to a child's forum how old are you Iconoclastic.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

Is there any facility to disable colour on our computers? I don't mind I_B posting in pink ... I just mind being forced to read it.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

hydriot wrote:Is there any facility to disable colour on our computers? I don't mind I_B posting in pink ... I just mind being forced to read it.
Hydriot, I couldn't agree more...color is artsy ...but here we are focused....... (Leonard's Zen - no distractions)..... on ideas/feelings/opinions. If IB wants to show her creativity, she should go to the string on poetry and tell those readers that she has more than a lipstick color in/on her mind.

Of course, if it is just to get some attention, she is just pissing some of us off and she will be ignominiously ignored!

Leonard from Montreal.....same name...same town...no Golden Voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Wow, I don't even know what to say. When I joined this forum, I had no idea that I would be met with such judgement, resentment and ridicule. And berated for something as inane as my choice of font color? Unbelievable and very disappointing, not what I would expect from a website dedicated to Leonard Cohen.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Hi Iconoclastic - it is nothing to do with being judgmental that pink is painful.

For those who are interested there is a friends and foes facility in the user control panel you can specify a user so their posts are not visible.

No disrespect intended to you Iconclastic it is not the text of your posts it is just the colour.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009

Return to “Comments & Questions”