Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
MaryB

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum...

Post by MaryB »

The Little Jew wrote:I am new to this forum, but I have been a fan of Leonard Cohen for more than 20 years now. I have never had the opportunity to see him in concert but that will change this year even if I have to be like Denise and spend $400.00 dollars per ticket.
I cannot think of another artist who has moved me the way Leonard Cohen has.
Welcome!
It will be money well spent!
Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Another forum newcomer here...

My love affair with LC, ;-) okay with his music, began...

In my mid-twenties, I'd just moved across the country for new job. Abandoned the depressing long term hotel and headed to a local coffee shop. Two very handsome young men were setting up for an acoustical set in the corner and I settled in with a book. They opened the set with an amazing rendition of So Long, Marianne, I signed their guest book, we became the best of friends and the rest is history.

Ten years later...married (not to the either of the musicians!), a joyful two year old who loves hearing LC too, and a preggo belly with a babe who just might come out dancing.

Seattle's my best chance of bringing this dream to reality. Logistics are tough, but I think my wonderfully supportive darling hubby and my toddler will drive with me and stay at a hotel while I see the show. Can't bear to be away from them for too long, but can't miss this either. Epic experience, just praying the presale will be kind to us.

Hope to see you all there...
Last edited by KaimiK on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Marcello

Post by Marcello »

hello everyboy, i think we are a lot of new people here, in my case i live im Mexico but i have been in love with Leonard's music and poetry for some time now, i never thought i could get the chance to ever see him live but i sure hope i can do it on this tour. Greetings Everybody! Saludos!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Hello KaimiK and Marcello. Welcome - hopefully we'll see alot of you, it's such a nice place to be.
Best of luck getting those tickets. Let us know how it turns out.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

Hi Everyone! I think it is really great all the "new" comers who felt like posting here! It's really nice to meet you! I only hope we could meet in the future at a Cohen show!!! Like I did at the Beacon! It really was totally amazing. Very emotional. I'm still feeling the effects now. I can't actually write so much at this moment, feeling pulled in so many directions after that incredible performance. I will definitely put my experience into words after some time has passed and I am able to think, once again. It was just beautiful!

Thanks for writing,
Denise

PS I'll be going to Red Rocks. Which shows do you think you will make?
Lin.

hey guys. -new in here-

Post by Lin. »

Please treat me with forgiveness, my mother tongue it isn't English so I might be a beat rusty.
I'm Lin, 16 years old from Israel. Hoping that information won't awake the invective.
The first time i introduced to Leonard Cohen's work was when I been told to listen to 'Songs of Love and Hate' album about 1.5 year ago.

Honestly my topic and the joining to your forum have purpose.
I like to know if get contacted with Leonard is, in some way, possible? Do fans have E-mail address they can use and be responded? It probably sound like creepy request from massed up follower, but I mean no harm.
The person how exposed me to Leonard Cohen and to others graet things have birthday soon, this person have highly sentimental to Leonard Cohen's work, 20 years of listening to him.
Therefore I made video that contains request to Leonard Cohen to talkback me a video with 'Happy Birthday' wishes, or any other kind of respond.
Well, do not tell me how my willing dose not sound practical. I already told this to myself several times, but here I am because it's extremely important to me at lest trying it.

Any kind of advice will do (:
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomsakic

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by tomsakic »

Lin., there's an email adress and also snail mail adress of Leonard Cohen's manager's office at The Leonard Cohen Files, front page of this forum.

I moved few first posts by our new members to this thread -maybe this could be the usual place for saying hello :)

- Tom
JacquelineR

Post by JacquelineR »

Hello to all.

Leonard Cohen has been a dear presence for a long time. Am new to this group. Nice to be among friends. Was at the Beacon show and hoping for Radio City. What a magical night! Spiritual and orgasmic.

la la la la la
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
JacquelineR

Post by JacquelineR »

Thanks for the warm welcome Diana. It was an especially special night.

Regards,
Jacqueline
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Post by Iconoclastic_Bitch »

Helllooooo everyone! I posted an intro in a different thread, but then I found this one so it can't hurt to introduce myself again. I'm new to this forum, but certainly not to Mister Cohen - I've been in crazy mad love with him and his words since the early 90's (I'm 32). Earlier this week, I scored floor seats to Lenny's Vancouver show, and I'm only a few rows from the stage. I AM BURSTING WITH EXCITEMENT, it's ALL I can think about. Never did I think I would have the privilege of seeing him live and I probably sound like a lunatic in my posts but I don't care cuz I'm BEYOND thrilled!

I'm wondering if there might be a chance of meeting him, does anyone have the scoop on that? It's probably pretty unlikely, but hey - a girl can dream. This is a fab forum, thanks for having me ... : )
Leonard Cohen is my soulmate.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
linmag

Post by linmag »

Welcome to all you new people, whether you are new to Leonard's work or whether you only just got around to posting here about it. I love the way this tour is bringing so many more of us together, whether here on the board or at the concerts. I had been in love with Leonard's songs for more years than I care to remember when I discovered this amazing site a few years ago. Up until then I had thought I was pretty much on my own (or at least definitely weird) in liking Leonard Cohen and it was so good to find a whole community of like-minded souls. I did get to see Leonard live when I was a student way back in the 70's, but I was totally unaware at the time of the honour I was receiving and to my shame my most enduring memory of the evening was how hard the floor was to sit on :oops: . So I was delighted to be lucky enough to get to four concerts last summer, and am so pleased that you are finally getting your share of Leonard in North America.

For those of you who may not be able to get to a conert, or for whom meeting people for a few hours at a gig is not enough, have you thought of joining us at one of our international get-togethers? The big ones are held every two years, alternately in Europe and North America, and there is usually an unofficial one on Hydra most summers. See the front page of the Leonard Cohen Files for details. Maybe we'll see you there soon?
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Post by Iconoclastic_Bitch »

ladydi wrote:
Iconoclastic_Bitch wrote:
I'm wondering if there might be a chance of meeting him, does anyone have the scoop on that? It's probably pretty unlikely, but hey - a girl can dream. This is a fab forum, thanks for having me ... : )
Hey, good morning I.B.,

A dream is going to be about all you will get :( . Officially no, you won't be able to meet him as security is pretty tight and he usually departs the theatre immediately after a concert....while everyone is still trying to disentangle themselves from their seats. However, having said that, there is always serendipity and several people have been fortunate to accidently run into him walking (they usually arrive the day prior to the concert), as he does like to walk, and some have run into him on elevators or in hotel lobbys. He is always very gracious and will usually agree to a photo. Best of luck! 8)

All the best,
Diana
Hmmm that's too bad. Do you or does anyone know how I can find out which hotel he will be staying at in Vancouver, BC? Maybe I could go for walks in the area and perhaps run into him.
Leonard Cohen is my soulmate.

Return to “Comments & Questions”