Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
ladydi

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum...

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
tashi

Post by tashi »

greetings to all-
My real name is also Denise- and LOL, funny, I, too, am a DeadHead.
My husband is the big Leonard Cohen fan in our family, although I do really appreciate and cherish his music. Since I go to many many shows without him, (RatDog) I thought that this show would be a great present for him!
We are making a day of it. Coming in from CT early in the day. Then having an early dinner before the show.
I'm also really looking forward to seeing the renovated Beacon Theater.
See you all there :D
addygirl

Post by addygirl »

Hello to All, I am (relatively) new to this forum and wanted to say how thrilled I am to be finally seeing Leonard..My best friend is coming to the concert with me from Toronto - she and I spent half of our lives in South America and the caribbean and as teenagers we often could be found enjoying and deciphering her worn out album 'Songs of Love and Hate'. Isn't it amazing how widespread his music is?
I now live in NJ, but we are planning to spend the night in NYC, this way we can enjoy the post concert get together. We're both sooo excited -it's our first LC concert - and we really look forward to meeting some of you. Feel free to email me if you'd like to say hello...
The best to you all!
addygirl

myaddy@aol.com
DPG1976

Post by DPG1976 »

Like some others, I'm relatively new to posting in this forum, but I'm neither a new visitor to this wonderful site nor to Leonard's work.

What I am new to, however, is seeing Cohen in concert, which I'm thrilled to be doing for the first time on Thursday night. I'm flying in from Florida, staying in Midtown for a couple days to enjoy the city (which I have visited a few times in recent years). I look forward to spending the evening with 2,800 people who appreciate Leonard's music and work as much as I do.
http://www.writeonmusic.com/ - Artist Interviews & Profiles, Reviews, & Commentary
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hey DPG1976 ~

Welcome from another [sorta] Floridian. You're going to find yourself in awe come Thursday night. Leonard is truly awesome. I'm so glad that so many world over are getting the opportunity to see him in person. As someone has already said, I'm especially glad for Leonard's being able to directly experience the love of so many that has been there so long for him. For him to see for absolutely, positively sure how deeply he is loved and respected worldwide. I'm so glad, so grateful. You'll see what I mean.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

Hi! I just wanted to say how neat I think everyone on this forum has been. It really is great to unite for something like this. It's special. All the people who are coming in from different places. It's just amazing. Look forward to meeting you!

So, so happy!

Denise
iris

Post by iris »

i`m also a relatively newborn on this forum, any forum, started some weeks ago, after great announcement no 1, just looked again and yes: again! this is cruel indeed, again hoping... In thought i will be with you all in new york and really looking forward to hearing your stories. And of course that g.a.2.
`he sings my soul`
here is your love for all this
2008 amsterdam/rotterdam, 2009 antwerpen, 2010 gent/dortmund, 2012 gent/amsterdam, 2013 antwerpen/oberhausen/rotterdam/amsterdam
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

and Lizzy....I'm probably going to have to carry a box of tissues...think I may be crying a lot ;-)
That's how I spent the beginning of the intermission on Leonard's first night in Montreal... didn't think to bring kleenex, though. At least you're looking ahead and being practical :) .

Awww, Iris. I'm sorry you'll be there only in spirit, but glad for at least that.

Hey, Box of Rain, with the unique, concept name... looking forward to meeting you. Who the heck will know who anybody is, of course... name tags, anyone ;-) ?

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

For anyone not going to the reception, or if you are alone and looking to walk with someone to the post party, or if you are so inclined...maybe we could still meet up/linger for a while in front of the stage after the show...that might also be a another spot to say hello.

So excited!

I'll be wearing a purple and red feather boa, my blouse has beads and tassles, believe it or not...kind of embarassing but...it's beautiful and a special occassion so I will do my best! Might be easy to spot! Hope to meet you!

Denise
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Perhaps we should all be wearing a name tagg or sticker with "Leonardcohenforum.com" logo and our name...
:)

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Last edited by ladydi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tashi

Post by tashi »

Box_of_Rain wrote:For anyone not going to the reception, or if you are alone and looking to walk with someone to the post party, or if you are so inclined...maybe we could still meet up/linger for a while in front of the stage after the show...that might also be a another spot to say hello.

So excited!

I'll be wearing a purple and red feather boa, my blouse has beads and tassles, believe it or not...kind of embarassing but...it's beautiful and a special occassion so I will do my best! Might be easy to spot! Hope to meet you!

Denise
Hi my Denise sista
I sent you my pic so look for me. Perhaps we'll walk over with you.
8) Denise
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Hi, just to say I'm so jealous of you all going to the concert thursday! Wasn't into the man when he played her during the summer. Ugh!!
:roll: Though I would like to thank you tube and the x factor for the introduction. Maybe he'll come back around Europe way again! Enjoy the concert everyone!
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."

Return to “Comments & Questions”