Test to find out what religion is yours

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Kush

Post by Kush »

That's interesting Linmag..I got identical scores as you

Secular Humanist - 100 %, Unitarian whatever - 92 % followed by non-theist - 75%
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Witty Owl,

Your belief that you avoid all belief, is that your belief?

Vesuvius
margaret

Post by margaret »

Witty, my interpretation of your scores would be that you are quite open-minded.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Witty ~

I had no idea that Universal Unitarian and Liberal Quaker could be such cozy bedfellows :) . And close on the heels of Paganism comes Mainstream Christian Protestant :lol: . Now these things are interesting! Sorry fella, I guess they failed to consider Evil Heathen a religion :( .

~ Lizzy
altinkum

Post by altinkum »

Ok, I will just list the ones I got a high score in.
1 Baha'i Faith (100%)
2 Reform Judaism (94%)
3 Liberal quakers (93%)
4 Mainline-Liberal Christian Protestant (93%)
5 Mormons (92%)
There's a Baha'i centre in the next town to me, maybe I should get myself down there :)

Altinkum
magneticcry

Post by magneticcry »

unitarian universalism....hmm,never heard of such thing....
but sounds quite like me, :)
a tear is like a magnet- it always makes another tear to follow :(
Sandra

100%

Post by Sandra »

orthodox quaker
Bilbao

Post by Bilbao »

Funny survey!

I got 100% in Theravada Buddhism and 99% in Mahayana Buddhism, followed by 96% Liberal Quakers( Huh? Somehow related to the corn flakes? :wink: )
And the lowest score was 20% Roman Catholic, the religion I was brought up into...with very little success, as anyone can see...
mamalex

Post by mamalex »

unitarian universalism, secular humanism {my beliefs, lack of belief varies} y is compassion so important to us non-believers. logically with no fear of spiritual retribution we should have a "cover yous kick theirs" mentality. it's surely not the catholic schoolgirl in me{damn, where did i put that uniform?}
Makera

Post by Makera »

Hi fellow Unitarian Universalist/Neo-Pagan/Liberal Christian,Quaker/Sikh/
Mahayana Buddhist/ New Age Thinkers :lol:

Interesting, if somewhat limited (and limiting) quiz. Not belonging to any category and taking a quiz to find one does seem a tad oxymoronic.

Seems Universal Unitarian (oh, whatever) is for everything un-religious i.e. un-dogmatic, un-extreme or fundamentalist.

As for 'religion',which comes from the Latin:religio,meaning 'bond';I won't be bound by any set creed or dogma. I'm with Abraham Lincoln who said:-

"When any church will inscribe over its altar, as its sole qualification
for membership, the Saviour's condensed statement of the
substance of both law and Gospel, 'Thou shalt love the Lord thy
God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and thy neighbor as
thyself', that church will I join with all my heart and all my soul."

ref. Matt.15:7-9 (Isaiah 29:13)

Always seek Truth with love,

Makera xxx
Helven

Post by Helven »

1. Mahayana Buddhism (100%) which includes Pure Land school, Zen and Vajrayana Buddhism {yeah, I prefer Vajrayana :D }.
2. Theravada Buddhism (97%) {well, I agree}.
3. Hinduism (92%) {actually so-called “Hinduism” includes a wide variety of schools, believes, cults etc., so, perhaps, it’s easy to choose something there according to one’s own taste}
And Islam was at the bottom {yeah, I couldn’t imagine something that would suit me less than that. Well, I don’t know much, maybe there is something else :lol: .}
I've finally found myself! But that turned out to be a completely different person.
/contemporary saying/
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

100% - Neo-Pagan. After all it seems that I am a real witch too, according to this.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
jeannieb

Post by jeannieb »

I am neo pagan according to this.
I was rasied a Quaker and baptised at 40 as Episcopalian. My church is my kayak these days.
"...and for something like a second, I was cured, and my heart was at ease."
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I like your kayak analogy, Jeannie ~ but boy would your church be disappointed in you :wink: ! :lol: I wonder how the rest of your congregation would test :shock: .

~ Lizzytysh
jeannieb

Post by jeannieb »

Well, I meant it literally. I came to the episcopal church via a friendship with a priest and his wife, who taught a comparative religion course in my undergrad studies. He ws a Harvard grad, old Deadhead aging hippie. I am a died-in-the-wool Anglophile with a love for ritual and am very visual, so my husband and I joined this gorgeous church. Jess, the priest, was a real window to God. They became our best friends, and we took all our vacations together. I became a eucharistic minister and Jess and I often sharred the altar together.

Jess died of a brain tumor two years ago. I was blessed to be working in homecare/hospice and so got to take care of him ans support his wife in his decline (3 months from diagnosis to death). After his death, the church descended into chaotic dissention, and I couldn't bear to go anymore.

So, I say my hallelujas from my kayak on the ponds and rivers, or in the woods. I think my days of corporate worhip are over, although I will certainly go to any choral evensong I run into when I am in Britain!

well, there's more information than you needed!
"...and for something like a second, I was cured, and my heart was at ease."

Return to “Comments & Questions”