CONCERT REPORT: Bratislava, Slovakia, October 13, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
kaz

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Bratislava, Oct. 13, 2010

Post by kaz »

Dear Leonka,
Thank you for arranging the ticket for my daughter and organizing nice meet-up.

Thank you all dear people I have had the pleasure of meeting for precious moments
we spent together.
Kaz.

Famous Blue Raincoat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1zL5B4IXJQ
1985:Zabrze 2008:Dublin x 2 /London O2/Praha/Wroclaw/
:Bratislava/2010:Katowice/Bratislava./2013:Lodz/Vienna
moonglum

Re: Evening in Bratislava

Post by moonglum »

Here is a first YOUTUBE-File, so wonderful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1zL5B4IXJQ
Moonglum
normally travelling Germany up & down
http://www.christian-appelt.de
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

http://www.hudba.sk/spravy/2010-10-14-l ... y-reportaz

Google translation
Leonard Cohen in Slovakia has brought the message of humility and respect

The second visit to the metropolis of Slovakia finished singing poet Leonard Cohen European tour several weeks. Today, 76-year artist in Bratislava NTC Sibamac Arena presented in excellent form and seemingly obvious good mood, which was characterized by wide, more than three hours duration, appearance.

Člen Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Canadian Music Hall of Fame and Hall of Fame songwriter, SI for the Slovak audience pripravil 28 Tracks, from which many odzneli already during his first appearance in Bratislava. Evening opened agile run out on stage and traditionally song Dance Me to the End of Love. The Future songs followed, Bird on a Wire or one of the most famous - Everybody Knows, during which the famous bard smiled and danced around the stage. Slovak audience several times during the evening počastoval thanks.

About the show humility and words - "This concert, we conclude our European tour. But I promise that today will give you everything that is in us." In addition to good tunes Leonard Cohen also introduced a pair of news - The Darkness and Born In Chains, which was met with tumultuous response. Evening was, as in previous appearances Bratislava, divided into two parts. More than three hours of music therefore divided short break, after which the Canadian bard spoke only on stage accompanied by a duo Webb Sisters and holder of the prestigious Grammy Awards - Neil Larsen. After what sounded track Tower of Song, Suzanne and Avalanche in acoustic versions, is back on stage the rest of Cohen's concert band composed of Roscoe Beck (bass), Dino Soldo (wind instruments, keyboards), Javier Mas (guitar), Bob Metzger (electric guitar) and Rafael Gayol (drums).

(one image from gallery of five fotos)

Master of words and voice, as is known world-renowned artist, the Slovak audience farewell with three rounds of grants, which are the same as in all European concert tour. As the first song sounded So Long Marianne and First We Take Manhattan, followed by a trio of Famous Blue Raincoat, a poem interpreted duo Webb Sisters - If It Be Your Will Closing Time and song. A native of Canada, with notes of farewell audience Bratislava I Tried To Leave You and Is not No Cure For Love. It was with the last song of the evening expressed sincere wishes of love to all people in the world and humbly left the stage.

Leonard Cohen finished 13th October concert in NTC Sibamac Arena, a European tour. Since November, however, continues a series of concerts in New Zealand, Australia, Cambodia, British Columbia and Hawaii. The last concert this year is scheduled for 11 December in Las Vegas.

Setlist:

Dance Me to the End of Love
The Future
Bird on a Wire
Everybody Knows
Who By Fire
Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye
The Darkness
Born In Chains
Chelsea Hotel # 2
Waiting for the Miracle
Anthem
Tower of Song
Suzanne
Avalanche
Sisters of Mercy
The Gypsy's Wife
Fells So Good
The Partisan
Hallelujah
I'm Your Man
Take This Waltz
So Long Marianne
First We Take Manhattan
Famous Blue Raincoat
If It Be Your Will
Closing Time
I Tried To Leave You
Is not No Cure for Love
-
Text: Miroslav Meňhert
Photo: Vladimir Kroupa
Last edited by bridger15 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Feel so emotional reading the reports of the final European concert. Gallina, love your photos and review :)
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Dear friends, gallina, Wimmer, Kaz .......

I am very happy that I could do for you. I would do it again, I hope, (will) still, World Tour ...........,(Robert Koryo or Jarkko please add date) ;-) .

gallina,

those pictures are so sweeeeeeet 8) :razz: . In Leonard smile, would melt the ice- mountain. This, as we stood yesterday at the podium, was something incredible, be close to Leonard, I would never, in my life not thought that that would be .(not dream).

It was only last year after a concert (I was not there) when in the Slovak daily SME wrote I was, I quote:

His voice sounds like velvet veil, his eyes are like pearls, when around Leonard, melt the ice. (think Leonard). Then I noticed some newspapers in Slovakia, actually copied what I wrote. :roll:
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

I'm not sure if this is someone here at the forum - but we have lovely video - :D

Uploaded by "solongsuzanne" - Thanks!

"Avalanche"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcKhDR8oR48

"Sisters of Mercy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIWswexnX2c

"Suzanne"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skgAxVPdmA
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

tinderella wrote:
Hey Leonka

I love to read what you write... I can really feel your enthusiasm and joy from your words..

Well done
I will be unchanged. :D

Hello evening Arlene,
Thank you for putting, the article into the forum. Yesterday I had no time to read the printed newspaper, let alone the Internet.
Susy

Post by Susy »

dear gallina,
thanks for all these beautiful photos, I love that one with the ROSE :D

did you made a photo of that 10 meters long banner saying " Dear Leonard,
Europe is crazy for you , come back, please " !? If yes, so please let me / us see it :D
Greetings ...Susanne
Susy
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Sturgess66 Hi Linda!

Yes I am Solongsuzanne. :D
I know this is not the best.More coming soon. I think this evening it's long night.
I doing my best.
Enjoy this videos.

Marina
gallina

Post by gallina »

Susy,

I made pictures in Budapest while Eva prepared it, and after the concert Albert had a panoramic photo I think. He will share it with us soon, I'm sure...

I will make my fb album in a short time..please give me 2-3 days.

AND: if somebody recorded EVERYBODY KNOWS, please put it on youtube, because it was the most amazing version I've ever heard..Leonard made us crazy....he was like a naughty boy. So free and self-forgetting that audience was delirious...in Florence went close but now he was out of any expectation. PLEASE, WHO HAS THAT SONG SHARE WITH US!!!!!
Last edited by gallina on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Last tour
Bratislava concert was not just the last stop of a European tour this report. As confirmed by the organizers singers Management, was the last European tour,
not longer will be more :(
Last edited by LEONKA on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

http://hnonline.sk/kultura/c1-47088770- ... bratislavu
Fop Leonard Cohen impressed Bratislava

Musical feast prepared by Canadian poet and singer Leonard Cohen on Wednesday night
(13.10) crowded Bratislava Sibamac Arena National Tennis Center. After a year and nearly two months again spoke in Bratislava. It was the last concert of the Canadian bard of the European tour. A farewell to Europe, it was really elegant.

More
as a three-hour performance began to hit Cohen Dance Me To The End Of Love from the album Various Positions, issued in December 1984. Massive applause crowded arena it reward already after the first song, after it came to other well-known songs of The Future, Bird On The Wire, Everybody Knows, Who By Fire, Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbay into song Anthem from the album Future (released November 1992) introduced the first band and sister duo vokalistiek.

Tower Of Song was the first song after the break, after Suzanne famous hit from their debut album Songs Of Leonard Cohen (released in December 1967), The Gypsy's Wife, The Partisan, Hallelujah, and I'm Your Man Take This Waltz. The waltz Cohen also thanked for their goodwill, and departed from the first stage. That's worthy of standing up while the audience clapped and raised singer back on stage. Allowances were eventually six, including So Long, Marianne, First We Take Manhattan and If It Be Your Will, the vocalist sang, calling themselves the Webb Sisters. In addition voiced the song Closing Time. It is remarkable what condition is this 76 year
versatile artist, what a great mood and atmosphere can induce virtually from the first minute.

Simplicity is the magic, on stage only instrument accompanying the group, the whole expedition consisted of textile scarves at the sides and rear horizon. This three light mood that alternated regularly, the more so given excel artist and his music. Cohen came on stage in a typical suit him with his hat on his head, feeling great concert was amplified by the accompanying band, composed of experienced musicians who have excelled in particular zohratosťou precise and individual performance. Its bandmaster is a bass guitarist Roscoe Beck, who works with Cohen has 30 years, to include six further player Neil Larsen on keyboards, guitarist Bob Metzger, Javier Mas, who plays the traditional Spanish instruments Bandura, Laud and the twelve string guitar, player
percussionist Rafael Bernardo Gayol and keyboard player and woodwind instruments Dino Soldo. Stage Group added two vocalists, sisters Hattie and Charley Webb of Great Britain.

A native of Montreal, singer, guitarist, composer, poet and novelist Leonard Norman Cohen celebrated 21.septembra already 76.narodeniny. First gained attention as a university student poet. In 1955 he builds the first poetry collection, in 1963 the first novel. In 1967 he moved to the United States and entered into pop music. First American Judy Collins recorded his song, then acted in tandem. Self spoke first at folk festivals in Newport. In December 1967 issued the first album, "Songs Of Leonard Cohen. Hit it became a song Suzanne. The album was a big success
in the UK chart and was maintained for over a year. In the 70 years devoted himself to music less because he began to write film scripts, compose music for films and in 1984 received an offer for directing the film I Am A Hotel. He has now eleven studio albums, the eleventh Dear Heather, was released in October 2004. The discography includes four live albums, the fourth in the combined CD DVD Live In London was released in March 2009. The year before, in March 2008 he reported to the U.S. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Two years previously was referred to the Hall of Fame in his native Canada and has received the highest accolade the Canadian Order of Canada. In Bratislava, he introduced the second time, first appearance was in Incheba Expo Arena 28 August the 2009th

Bratislava concert was Baron Cohen's last appearance in the European part of the world tour. This will have two weeks break, 29 October continues speaking in Auckland, New Zealand, where it played four concerts, then, the Canadian singer moved to Australia in Brisbane on 6 November concert begins cord nine Australian concerts.
Last edited by LEONKA on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

http://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/174310/l ... -slovakom/

Leonard Cohen bowed Slovaks

Leonard Cohen concert in Bratislava ended his European tour

Today 20:28 - BRATISLAVA
Long-awaited concert Canadian singer Leonard Cohen was undoubtedly one of the most valuable musical performances this year. Within the last place filled NTC Sibamac Arena in Bratislava, so she unforgettable experience that will touch the soul of every fan of the singing poet.

They have to wait for his appearance like 7 months since the original date of 13th March must have been because Baron Cohen's health problems postponed until October. And anyone who witnessed this concert, its not regret waiting. "I felt that I was in the living room and listen to his music on CDs. There was no unnecessary tone, "enthusiastically commented on his experience of the concert one of the fans.

"Bratislava is the last city in Europe, where we play. Therefore, we will try to be the best, "said the singer introduction speeches. Throughout the concert it was felt immense humanity and humility, which gave clear at all times. Often you even knelt, bowed his head and before the Slovak fans took off his hat unthinkable. His bow was proof of how much you weigh their supporters, because it slipped disc and long-term rehabilitation was the reason for transfer in March concert in October.

More than three hours of concert were visited or the amount of publicly-employed persons and boards under the stage first appeared as Prime Minister Iveta Radičová, which he did by Transport Minister Ján Figel, Minister of Justice Daniel Lipšic and many other personalities from the political but also cultural life. The highlight of the concert was undoubtedly the song Hallelujah, in which the audience got up from their chairs. Cohen but not forgotten any of their biggest hits and left the hall several times after the addition of applause for standing spectators.

the name of the title, there, could be written:

Leonard Cohen once again came to Slovakia

or something similar
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman »

Famous Blue Leonard
Famous Blue Leonard
Bratislava 2010
Bratislava 2010
I would like to express my gratitude to Leonard and Joey for the extraordinary, gracious gesture that they extended to my friend and I in Bratislava yesterday afternoon - two loons on a park bench. It was our final concert of the tour and a very special one.

We won't forget your kindness.

'Til the next time...
Bratislava 2010
Bratislava 2010
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

http://www.pluska.sk/soubiznis/spravy-k ... kusat.html
Leonard Cohen: My back? Ouu, want to try?

Phenomenal Canadian singer Leonard Cohen has demonstrated yesterday in Bratislava before the audience a great performance. Diary plus one day the legendary songwriter has reached either upon arrival at the airport. As revealed?

Cohen arrived in our capital city minilietadlom private. On the way, however, does not remember. "I slept because I was a bit tired, in fact yesterday we had a concert," he explained. For Slovak audience was ready to select the best of his work. Our audience had the charismatic artist wait half a year.

Should speak with us in March, but due to health problems with the spine, which ceased due to the performances in Barcelona, a concert set aside. What about his spine now? "Ouu, want to try?" Laughed the singer.
Charmer: Leonard Cohen deplane, smiled and sleep. To the hotel in the center of Bratislava drove it without great mannerisms bus.
Attachments
Leonard Cohen,Bratislava,13.10.2010.jpg
Leonard Cohen,Bratislava,13.10.2010.jpg
Bratislava airport - Leonard Cohen (76) arrived by private jet to Bratislava.jpg
Bratislava airport - Leonard Cohen (76) arrived by private jet to Bratislava.jpg
13. October 2010 14 .11 h Bratislava airport - Leonard Cohen (76) arrived by private jet to Bratislava.jpg (65.26 KiB) Viewed 3998 times

Return to “The World Tour 2010”