CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, October 7, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
User avatar
neo
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:17 am
Location: Vienna

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby neo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:40 am

Nice one! And it's great that some did manage to play tricks on the KGB! :lol:
merri
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby merri » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:01 am

At the first encore people started getting to the scene, dancing and clapping - KGB had no chances!
User avatar
martali
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:28 am
Location: Wroclaw, Poland

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby martali » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:11 am

Very good "Tower of Songs" from Kremlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKp3R-KF8wE
User avatar
mutti
Posts: 1936
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:25 am
Location: somewhere in the Pacific Northwest

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby mutti » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:28 am

Thank you for the chuckles you gave to me tonight..after some sad news today this has been a good read..
frisco girl and lady Di brilliant...
and same with those who wrote about Is Len in
thanks! I am smiling..
I sure hope Joey got his Iphone back...
Les ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
User avatar
douglas07
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:39 am

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby douglas07 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:32 am

Dear friends, most of us seem to dwell under the relative freedom in the western countries;- how lucky we are.
So let us not look down upon the unhappy few, who whether on the fomer russian territory, in the far east countries, latin ammerica or anywhere else on this somehow unjust planet, have to make their living under whatsoever pressure.
Love&peace.
Last edited by douglas07 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1970s "Beautiful Loosers"; 1980s "Poems of ..."
UH Tour: Oslo-Copenhagen-Cologne; Odense; OI-Tour:Ghent-Odense
osmachar
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:42 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby osmachar » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 pm

ladydi wrote:
da2008 wrote:lots of empty seats.
At $1200 to $1500 USD for orchestra seats it's not surprising! ...
Are they sane?!?!?!? Who is making up these prizes??

What a shame that the less well off fans in Russia couldn't go to the concert.


***The local promoter, in this case the Russian organizer, defines the ticket prices. I was told that these prices are typical in Moscow for concerts of international artists. No comments. / Jarkko***
User avatar
sturgess66
Posts: 4085
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:50 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby sturgess66 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Video uploaded by "cheburek1960" - Thanks!

"Dance Me To The End of Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-zccwe3b70

"Waiting For the Miracle"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FNRC59tNw

"The Darkness" - preceded by Recitation of "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley
(Read here to see the poem - and about "Invictus" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invictus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp9UpnCHElI

"Born In Chains"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B6tVTMrmXE

"Chelsea Hotel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68mKnWTr-w

"The Future" - at 4:15 a wonderful display of "white men dancing" by both Roscoe and Leonard :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCRl7-Inuck
osmachar
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:42 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby osmachar » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:33 pm

osmachar wrote:
ladydi wrote:
da2008 wrote:lots of empty seats.
At $1200 to $1500 USD for orchestra seats it's not surprising! ...
Are they sane?!?!?!? Who is making up these prizes??

What a shame that the less well off fans in Russia couldn't go to the concert.


***The local promoter, in this case the Russian organizer, defines the ticket prices. I was told that these prices are typical in Moscow for concerts of international artists. No comments. / Jarkko***
Thanks for the clarification, Jarkko.


Those prices are outrageous. I read somewhere the monthly average salary is about $300
0l234
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby 0l234 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:07 pm

osmachar wrote:
What a shame that the less well off fans in Russia couldn't go to the concert.
My ticket cost me 2750 RUB (the equivalent to $93 USD ). The total "price" (the concert ticket&delivery+train tickets (I live in St Petersburg)) is around $200.
neo wrote:
“No Pictures!!”
The very stern and strict Kremlin house security have decreed very loudly that “there is to be no photos during the show…”
really? I haven't heard this from anyone else. http://twitpic.com/2vopyp
seva1988 wrote:great concert.
...
beautiful new songs (especially "Born in chains")
totally agree! I'm very grateful to Leonard Cohen for this concert. really grateful.
User avatar
sturgess66
Posts: 4085
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:50 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby sturgess66 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Olga - glad to hear that you were able to obtain a ticket at a reasonable price.
sturgess66 wrote:Video uploaded by "cheburek1960" - Thanks!

"Dance Me To The End of Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-zccwe3b70

"Waiting For the Miracle"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FNRC59tNw

"The Darkness" - preceded by Recitation of "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley
(Read here to see the poem - and about "Invictus" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invictus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp9UpnCHElI

"Born In Chains"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B6tVTMrmXE

"Chelsea Hotel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68mKnWTr-w

"The Future" - at 4:15 a wonderful display of "white men dancing" by both Roscoe and Leonard :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCRl7-Inuck
And a few more from "cheburek1960"

"The Partisan"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dokAo_BDIs

"Suzanne"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bsoSXs6rCw

"Anthem" :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvwYnCttcQo
User avatar
Laura
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:23 am
Location: Bucharest

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby Laura » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:55 pm

0l234 wrote:
osmachar wrote:
What a shame that the less well off fans in Russia couldn't go to the concert.
My ticket cost me 2750 RUB (the equivalent to $93 USD ). The total "price" (the concert ticket&delivery+train tickets (I live in St Petersburg)) is around $200.

Was that a ticket in a good position? I still can't believe the 1200-1500$... Maybe those were just a few?

Laura
User avatar
sturgess66
Posts: 4085
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:50 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby sturgess66 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:23 pm

sturgess66 wrote:Video uploaded by "cheburek1960" - Thanks!

"Dance Me To The End of Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-zccwe3b70

"Waiting For the Miracle"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FNRC59tNw

"The Darkness" - preceded by Recitation of "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley
(Read here to see the poem - and about "Invictus" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invictus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp9UpnCHElI

"Born In Chains"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B6tVTMrmXE

"Chelsea Hotel"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68mKnWTr-w

"The Future" - at 4:15 a wonderful display of "white men dancing" by both Roscoe and Leonard :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCRl7-Inuck

"The Partisan"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dokAo_BDIs

"Suzanne"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bsoSXs6rCw

"Anthem" :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvwYnCttcQo
And more - :D

"First We Take Manhattan"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbcZIUywed8

"I'm Your Man" - I think the mask offer is leather? :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgAiNVIF-cw

"Closing Time"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAnC2Uh8JK8
User avatar
majmunka
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:07 am
Location: Hungary

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby majmunka » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:29 pm

sturgess66 wrote: "I'm Your Man" - I think the mask offer is leather? :lol:
It was leather in Katowice :) I prefer the "old man's mask" :D
Eva
0l234
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby 0l234 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am

sturgess66 wrote:Olga - glad to hear that you were able to obtain a ticket at a reasonable price.
Thanks for the compliment, Linda.

If you're wondering, here is a short video of yesterday's "Everybody Knows". I beg your pardon, it is badly recorded. ) but I love this song very much.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BonieP1Ra2k
Laura wrote: Was that a ticket in a good position?
No, of course. No. I suggest, my seat was not far from "cheburek1960" (judging by his videos). The Balcony Lodge.
Laura wrote: I still can't believe the 1200-1500$... Maybe those were just a few?
) I can believe, Laura. There aren't a lot of "orchestra seats", are there? Though I agree that this "marketing policy" is wrong.

Do you know what I liked? I saw the aged ladies there. Those nice ladies came there to listen to Cohen. I'm fascinated by this fact. Honestly, I very rare see the ladies after 60 at concert halls. I believe, it was a holiday for them.
User avatar
sturgess66
Posts: 4085
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:50 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Moscow, Russia, Oct. 7, 2010

Postby sturgess66 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:50 am

0l234 wrote:
sturgess66 wrote:Olga - glad to hear that you were able to obtain a ticket at a reasonable price.
Thanks for the compliment, Linda.

If you're wondering, here is a short video of yesterday's "Everybody Knows". I beg your pardon, it is badly recorded. ) but I love this song very much.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BonieP1Ra2k
Laura wrote: Was that a ticket in a good position?
No, of course. No. I suggest, my seat was not far from "cheburek1960" (judging by his videos). The Balcony Lodge.
Laura wrote: I still can't believe the 1200-1500$... Maybe those were just a few?
) I can believe, Laura. There aren't a lot of "orchestra seats", are there? Though I agree that this "marketing policy" is wrong.

Do you know what I liked? I saw the aged ladies there. Those nice ladies came there to listen to Cohen. I'm fascinated by this fact. Honestly, I very rare see the ladies after 60 at concert halls. I believe, it was a holiday for them.


Olga you are much too modest about your video - you missed a tiny bit at the beginning but - it is terrific. :D
Leonard is moving around the stage a lot but, at 3:05 he stands very still to sing that verse.
But then - he turns into growly and shouty Leonard - at 3:40. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks!

Return to “The World Tour 2010”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest