CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Post by jarkko »

This thread is for your concert reports, photos, links, comments etc.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
sturgess66

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Post by sturgess66 »

Good Morning Sligo.

— Sligo, Ireland
http://leonardcohen.tumblr.com/post/884 ... go-ireland
Dan K.

Post by Dan K. »

I sincerely hope everyone attending these shows have an amazing time. One branch of my family is from Sligo and I had the pleasure of visiting there 3 years ago. These are two shows I really wish I could have attended.
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Starting soon... Wish I were there with you...
Eva
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

From Twitter -
anniewestdotcom - Yesterday: Mostly pretend Jeeps and Toyota Avensises. #westlife. Today: Mercs and Audis. #leonardcohen #lissadell
JonnyF89 - Town is buzzing today! Parade and Leonard cohen about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
audsies - Finally on shuttle bus to lisadell to pay homage to Leonard Cohen. Broke every traffic rule to get here on time. Bring on the cheerfulness. about 2 hours ago via Seesmic for Android
ladydotty - From a mate at #Lissadell they are not letting people in yet, soundcheck ran late about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck ladydotty
RFLong - Sitting in sunshine outside Lissadell house waiting for leonard cohen. With champagne! We like! about 2 hours ago via mobile web
declanburke - Sunshine for Leonard Cohen at Lissadell. Nice. about 2 hours ago via mobile web
DonalMerrick - Dear local radio station: We don't really care what food is available at the Leonard Cohen concert about 2 hours ago via txt
EamonnMallie - "Everyone here looks like Leonard" words of a wag observing make-up of Cohen fans at Lissadell concert. about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
brianmmulligan - Cohen still has it at #lissadell listen about 1 hour ago via HTC Peep
ferguskelly - Leonard Cohen at #lissadell again http://yfrog.com/5kjvwfj
Softwaterboy - At Leonard Cohen now. Fantastic experience 15 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
ferguskelly - Leonard Cohen at #lissadell very civilised. Most pleasant. http://yfrog.com/n1ry3vj 21 minutes ago via Osfoora for iPhone
CMcHughPhoto - Ring Side Seats #Lissadell #LeonardCohen http://tweetphoto.com/36059570 16 minutes ago via UberTwitter
ladydotty - And it's lashing rain now of course! #lissadell less than a minute ago via TweetDeck ladydotty
Last edited by sturgess66 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

From twitter (ferguskelly)

2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

gem1gimjam - Really enjoyed westlife last night!! And am sitting outside the house tonight listening to leonard cohen. 3 minutes ago via web
darrenshan - Leonard cohen gig is the most sedate i've ever been to, but utterly brilliant! Roll on the second half! 2 minutes ago via txt
simoninireland - Looking at the clouds breaking around Ben Bulben while listening to Leonard Cohen. Doesn't get much better 2 minutes ago via Seesmic for Android
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

This tweet gave me the biggest laugh
CMcHughPhoto: Going by the crowd on the bus, apart for me and the wife, Leonard Cohen may be youngest there tonight...

sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

marloft - Great buzz around Sligo this evening. Long lines heading out to Cohen gig. Festival atmosphere all around town. 2 minutes ago via web
DailySpud - Lissadell. It's got Leonard Cohen. It's got spuds. I might not leave. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck
colmbuckley - Watching Leonard Cohen on TV and wishing I were in Sligo tonight... 1 minute ago via Twitter for iPhone
easyschoolbooks - Dry nite, Leonard Cohen, champagne, oysters...Lisadell bliss 3 minutes ago via Facebook
annehogben - Lobster for dinner on the beach tonight. Leonard Cohen tomorrow night. Can life get any better?
BiddyEarly - While I was at ABBA karaoke, my 60something uncle was at Leonard Cohen. That doesn't seem right. 2 minutes ago via mobile web
MMaryMcKenna - Wishing I was at #Lissadell tonight - love ya Lennie x 3 minutes ago via web
Last edited by sturgess66 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Liamberney

Post by Liamberney »

I don't like the look of that sky - hope it's better tomorrow when I fly out to Ireland for the Sunday gig.
Sturgess 66, thanks for keeping us posted - when do you sleep?

Arlene, where are you? I'm sure we'll catch up in Gothenburg.

Liam
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Liam - I think it is supposed to be good weather tomorrow - clear skies. Who knows though - weather being weather. :D Not sure - but it looks like it was not bad there for tonight's concert (after raining during the day). And - it's just late afternoon here now. I'll sleep tonight. :lol: Have a great time tomorrow!
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Liamberney wrote:Arlene, where are you? I'm sure we'll catch up in Gothenburg.
I am still in sunny, warm and dry southern California packing up to depart for the Krakow Event. And then on to Gothenburg, Berlin and Ghent. Have a great time at the concert on Sunday and post your concert report ASAP. We are all anxiously waiting to hear every little detail.
---Arlene

Liamberney

Post by Liamberney »

Sturgess, you do the weather forecast also, what can I say! Of course I'm going to enjoy the show. I intend to play live in London all the way to the airport! Sorry I'm not in to tweeting, but if I have time, I will post a report. Keep up the good work ;-)
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Liamberney wrote:Sturgess, you do the weather forecast also, what can I say! Of course I'm going to enjoy the show. I intend to play live in London all the way to the airport! Sorry I'm not in to tweeting, but if I have time, I will post a report. Keep up the good work ;-)
Liam - you would be amazed what I just accomplished in the past 3 hours - multi-tasking - menial tasks! Impressive. Haha :lol: :lol:

And yeah - in the middle of that - I hoped that Leonard and the UHTC wouldn't be soaked by a rain storm - that the show could go on - so I did look up the weather. Inquiring minds - and the wonders of my computer - and the worldwide web ...

Looking forward to your report.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

EamonnMallie - Going to concerts since early Seventies...Leonard Cohen has just topped them all with nearly 4 hours of magic. 15 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
oscarBravo- On a Leonard Cohen high! What a wonderful three and a half hours. One of my dreams come true. 10 minutes ago via HTC Peep
RMcGreevy1301 The old maestro has done it again Leonard Cohen played for three and a half hours and charmed everyone 32 minutes ago via mobile web
davymac - Awesome doesn't even begin to describe the show that Leonard Cohen played at Lissadell House tonight. Wasn't really a fan, am now! about 1 hour ago via Osfoora for iPhone
Last edited by sturgess66 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”