From the tour management: no visitors!

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

From the tour management: no visitors!

Postby jarkko » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:41 pm

The tour management has asked me to post this note.
Please note that management has organized the tours as closed tours - meaning that Leonard does not meet friends, family, press, celebrities other poets or authors while on the road -- in order to assure that he has the rest necessary to support his three and one-half hour shows. Thanks to all for understanding our policy and helping us fuel the tour with needed silence rather than additional stress.
With this in mind, please don't send me requests - I cannot be of help!!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Maulwurf

Re: From the tour management: no visitors!

Postby Maulwurf » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:24 am

well,

remembering how exhausted i was after all the three concerts i' ve seen
i can hardly imagine what it means to mr. cohen and his fantastic band who do all the work.

i hope he' s not pushing too hard!
coolfadda

Postby coolfadda » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:59 am

It is just so wonderful Leonard is still doing live concerts and I think fans will respect this. I really hope they do anyway. So so looking forward to the concert in Sligo - praying for good weather as the icing on the cake. :)
Chema

Postby Chema » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:46 pm

Ok, we will be good boys and only we will buy the concerts tickets and the new CD and Dvd. We will be educated fans!!!!!!
LHHUNTER

Postby LHHUNTER » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:24 pm

It does not say that he will not meet fans :!:
remote1

Postby remote1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:29 pm

LHHUNTER wrote:It does not say that he will not meet fans :!:
... as long as they're not poets...
"We are so lightly here"
leonardmtl

Postby leonardmtl » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:47 am

Yes, Leonard is in a justifiable "no compromise" ( Robert Kory's words) bubble....but there are consolations.....

Leonard's band sometimes make appearances before concerts ( they were all mingling at the Beacon), from time to time there are unexpected "sighting", and some band members relax at the bar of the hotel (never announced) where they are staying and are easily approachable, despite the late hour.

An extreme (?) example ... the two young girls who slept ( very uncomfortably, I am sure !) by the elevator at the Fairmount in San Jose to have a chance of meeting Leonard when he left in the morning I

The advice from an earlier Forum post....you may run into Leonard, provided you don't plan to!

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
DrHGuy

Postby DrHGuy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Heck Of A Guy Management has asked me to post this note:
Please note that DrHGuy also will not meet friends, family, press, celebrities, poets, and authors in conjunction with this tour. In addition, he will not meet enemies, nobodies, riffraff, bloggers, anyone wearing a Viking helmet (whether authentic or ersatz), software designers, community college teachers, ovo-lacto-pescatarians, Episcopalians, doctoral candidates, individuals over 6'2" tall, insurance salesmen, classically trained physiologists, those who have appeared on Larry King Live, females who are fluent in Kazakh (unless they speak with a pronounced lisp), students who are currently enrolled in accredited culinary, cosmetology, barber, or medical schools, paralegals, parachutists, Paraguayans, parasailors, paragons, paratroopers, paranoids, paralogists, paragraphers, paraplegics, parasitologists, parapsychologists, parallel parkers, or anyone who has attended a fundamentalist revival meeting wearing chaps. These restrictions are necessary because DrHGuy will be stuck in northern Illinois while the Tour meanders around places like Croatia, Italy, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Poland, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Cambodia, ... . And, by the time Leonard finishes that 8th encore, it's way past DrHGuy's bedtime. Thanks to all for understanding this policy and helping fuel the blog with needed material.
Inna

Postby Inna » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Dear Dr. Heck
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I, for one, totally understand you. That's how I felt in the summer of 2008, when the legendary tour started and I was stuck in New York city, in a trip that could not be postponed.

Yet again, you've brightened my day, as I am scrupulously packing for Austria.

Thank you Dr. Heck.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
mnkyface

Postby mnkyface » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:39 am

DrHGuy wrote:
parallel parkers
Well that leaves me out.
leonardmtl wrote: An extreme (?) example ... the two young girls who slept ( very uncomfortably, I am sure !) by the elevator at the Fairmount in San Jose to have a chance of meeting Leonard when he left in the morning
Who was this?? Did they meet him? Has the story been posted here on the forum?
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Postby Vlastik » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:23 pm

I met the girls few times in front of elevator, even at elevator. Unfortunately, I don´t remember their names and I think they didn´t meet LC , I believe they missed him by 20 minutes or so.
sceachgeal

Postby sceachgeal » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Yes, they were the latter-day sisters of mercy (but Leonard was too nimble for them). I am sure if there was a story you will find it. If you do not, I will make it up for you. All life is a marketing opportunity now. Read my vacuous life on FB, where I message my partner for the world to read with bated breath. I arrived in Chennai by train once an hour after Krishnamurti had stopped speaking. Sometimes, they say, things are not meant to be. I do not think I would sleep in a lift shaft even for Leonard.
when she came back she was nobody's wife . . .
rpan

Postby rpan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Here we are then, fuelling the tour with needed silence.... ;-)

"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
PandaElijah

Postby PandaElijah » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:12 am

LHHUNTER wrote:It does not say that he will not meet fans :!:
Nicely noticed! :lol:
There is a crack in everything.That's how the light gets in.
Cheshire gal

Postby Cheshire gal » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:16 am

I am sure that this is an exhausting schedule for anyone, let alone a man of Leonard's age (I am sure he still feels very young) :D but the body can only do so much. It is wonderful to think of him still doing concerts, that should be enough for anyone. I would hope everyone respects the Managements wishes.

Cheshire gal
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “The World Tour 2010”