CONCERT IN SPAIN

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ALFONSO

CONCERT IN SPAIN

Post by ALFONSO »

DO YOU KNOW IF LEONARD COHEN WILL TOUR THIS YEAR IN SPAIN AGAIN?
THANKS
Juan Luis Corcobado

Re: CONCERT IN SPAIN

Post by Juan Luis Corcobado »

Se habló de un concierto en Orense, en septiembre, pero parece que existen algunos inconvenientes:

http://www.farodevigo.es/portada-ourens ... 38037.html
Juan Luis Corcobado Cartes
Pal. Deportes de Madrid 1993 | Passeio Marítimo de Algés Lisboa 2008 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2009 | Pal. Deportes de Madrid 2009 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2010 | Pav. Atlântico Lisboa 2012 | The O2 Dublin 2013
corcobado[at]gmail.com
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Juan Luis Corcobado wrote:Se habló de un concierto en Orense, en septiembre, pero parece que existen algunos inconvenientes:

http://www.farodevigo.es/portada-ourens ... 38037.html
Google Translate (URL date 2010/05/12)
Leonard Cohen's concert is pending a financial agreement
Baltar refuses to run with half of the € 300,000 cost of performance

I. XIL - OURENSE The celebration of Leonard Cohen concert in the city scheduled for September 11, is still awaiting official confirmation, he acknowledged yesterday the President of the Provincial Government, José Luis Baltar. The action, announced by Feijoo as a star act in the province within the Xacobeo programming depends on a two-pronged financial agreement between Provincial and regional government.

"Eu non aceptei co run provided 300,000 euros 50% two to coast to performance," Baltar said, so "we launched Unha contraproposta I hope they accept, but we confirmed ainda us anything," the provincial president.

On Thursday a meeting is scheduled between the Regional Minister of Culture, Roberto Varela, and José Luis Baltar, in which the latter expects to receive the approval of its proposal to settle the controversy. As a fair distribution of costs, Baltar has proposed that the Xunta pay 200,000 euros and 100,000 euros provincial body rest, "is non acceptable, non Xacobeo would do a concerto, a concerto da Deputation would be."

What is already clear is that the concert, if carried out would be held in a closed, predictably, in the Pazo Paco Paz, whose capacity reaches 8,000. Baltar ruled outdoor sites on the soccer field of Os Remedios "for non running cliffs." Furthermore, "is é aberto e nun site moires sell tickets, logo teria a second problem for non power tódolos put alternative site viewers not breasts."

Leonard Cohen's performance is so far the only appointment announced in Spain this year.
Juan Luis, I look forward to more of your outstanding videos!
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
confetti

Post by confetti »

i understand most of that translation, but what does the last line mean? :D :D
ogo teria a second problem for non power tódolos put alternative site viewers not breasts."
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
hazey

Post by hazey »

confetti,

The last line is not written in Spanish but in Galician. That's why Google's translation is a bit surrealistic. Nothing to do with breasts, actually :D
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Thanks, hazey.
Here is the last line again.
Google translate: Galician to English
In addition, "in an open enclosure and sell many entries, then we would have a second problem, because we could not put all the spectators at the alternative venue closed.
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
hazey

Post by hazey »

That sounds much better, Arlene. Thank you.

Another funny translation.. "for non running cliffs" (on the line before the last) should actually be "for not running further risks" :D

Anyway, I hope they finally confirm the concert and that they do it SOON.
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
confetti

Post by confetti »

ha that all makes more sense, although the image it portrays is not as much fun. :D :D
I hope it is confirmed for you also.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Chema

Post by Chema »

In the local press now, when will the official confirmation?

Muse, Arcade Fire and Leonard Cohen, stars in the Jacobean 2010

El August 27th will be the turn of the British, while Arcade Fire will play on 5 September. On September 11th will be the turn of Cohen

Part of the British 2010.Los Xacobeo cartel 'Muse' and Canadians 'Arcade Fire' star in two major concerts Xacobeo at Monte do Gozo, where they hope to gather more than 60,000 people on August 27 and September 5 respectively. Next to them, 'A festa two worlds, Africa Express' will complete the range of festivals planned for the second half of the programming of the Holy Year, which will culminate with the Pope's visit on 6 November. Also performing Leonard Cohen, who will arrive on September 11 Ourense with his album Live in London.
"The big news is that we are half way," proclaimed the Minister of Culture and Tourism, Roberto Varela, who presented the cultural offer for the next six months in a ceremony in which the president of the Xunta, Alberto Núñez Feijoo, pointed out - using a football metaphor - that in the "first part of the game," Galicia "is clearly winning."

Thus, one of the highlights for the summer months will be the 'Festival Xaboeo 10', who will lead the British Muse, who repeat the last leadership as Xacobeo, in 2004, when they were new artists alongside the Holy Year 'Red Hot Chili Peppers', 'The Cure' and 'Chemical Brothers'.

In this year's program ensures that Xacobeo August 27 Monte do Gozo will host one of the "milestones" of programming, which will include "top international artists," not required. According to the group's official website, tickets go on sale for 30 euros on Monday 12 July, although the regional government has not yet confirmed this.

Just days later, the festival 'MTV Galicia 2010' will occupy the Monte do Gozo to schedule a series of concerts free of charge to viewers and will be headlined as 'Arcade Fire' in an event that, according to the programming Xacobeo, is "full of the best indie-rock of the moment."

Return to “The World Tour 2010”